Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

WoW Realm Population

Does anyone know a website where i can find the popultaion for realms?
    WoWcensus and WoWRealms havent been updated in years and i want to character transfer.

if u cant find any site(dont know any either) i would suggest u go to wowprogress and look under Realm, usually the top realm rank mean there is enough progress guild(all guild added together) = enough active player

My server's been up since Vanilla and still says New Players in the server list.

It's like, a ghost town

I'm looking for the same thing. Looking to come back to try out 4.2 and would like a lively server...

Seconding the suggestion to go to Wowprogress. Which also shows realm population (and faction ratio) along with how progressed the server is. Plus you can look at each server also and see which guilds on the server are doing well also.

I just used wowprogress to select a new realm for me to try. So far it seems pretty spot on.

You looking or eu/us, alliance, horde?

I'm looking for an Est time US server. Unfortunately most of the higher populated realms seem to be western or oceanic besides Mal'ganis but I have always heard bad things about that realm....

Eonar is EST Allience is good on the PVE side and horde is better at the pvp side on the server.
    Xenodrake (Shadowpriest) <Infallible>US 7th (T13) US 12th (T12) US 7th (T11)

Anticipation of Death is worse then Death itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneblood View Post
    I'm looking for an Est time US server. Unfortunately most of the higher populated realms seem to be western or oceanic besides Mal'ganis but I have always heard bad things about that realm....
    Mal'Ganis can get nasty if you tell them your a transfer, all you have to do to survive in Mal'ganis are 3 simple things.
    1. turn off trade chat during peak hours unless you need to look at it.
    2. Find a good guild, the pugs on Mal are not terrible but guilds on that server are all phonominal
    3. Have achivements for the raids/ get them the first week in a pug if you must, if you dont get it first week and have no chance to get them with a guild you will NOT find a pug if you want in on 1.

Thinking about maybe Zul'jin...

Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    Mal'Ganis can get nasty if you tell them your a transfer, all you have to do to survive in Mal'ganis are 3 simple things.
    1. turn off trade chat during peak hours unless you need to look at it.
    2. Find a good guild, the pugs on Mal are not terrible but guilds on that server are all phonominal
    3. Have achivements for the raids/ get them the first week in a pug if you must, if you dont get it first week and have no chance to get them with a guild you will NOT find a pug if you want in on 1.
    4. Or download the underachiever addon and fake your achievements.

Blizzard needs to do something about some of the lower pop servers, get rid of them, find a way to merge them into a server that makes sense, they have too many servers now >.>

Yes they're innactive sites, but you can change that. That's what I did, I picked up their census addon and did the population reports myself, looking into certain realms. I basically just looked at Eastern Realms, then realms with my time zone, then ones that were Alliance favored. Sadly, I only found one...

I agree Clarke. They need to realize their playerbase has dropped and won't be going back up so remove a few servers to help populate the remaining ones...

Yeah, just go to the realm listings on wowprogess (EU here and US here) and check the population column; keep in mind: make sure you're only looking at the type of server you want to play on (PvP or PvE) and check the ratios (for example: Mal'ganis has as a population of 8,340 but Horde vastly outnumber Alliance)!
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-06-28 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    Google
    WoWprogress Eu Realms
    It will tell you the Ratio, Atleast

Try wowranked.com then click on the realms tab and it'll show you the amount of alliance and horde players on each server as well as guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Geronis View Post
    Snip
    You forgot this:

4. Play Horde

The ratio of Horde to Alliance on Mal'ganis is 1 : .06

GuildOX is good for realm populations, faction realm ratios and also realm raid progression.
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.