[Mod:Alt] Marking

Been trying to write a macro something that if I just press "1" I would get say taunt, but if I used alt it would taunt and mark the target with skull. I have the following figured, but can't figure out how to make it so the [mod:alt] part would be used to mark the skull

/cast taunt
    /script SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

Where do I insert the alt modifier so that it won't always mark the target, only when I use alt?
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    Been trying to write a macro something that if I just press "1" I would get say taunt, but if I used alt it would taunt and mark the target with skull. I have the following figured, but can't figure out how to make it so the [mod:alt] part would be used to mark the skull

/cast taunt
    /script SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

Where do I insert the alt modifier so that it won't always mark the target, only when I use alt?
    try /cast [Modifier:alt] Taunt; Taunt
    /script [Modifier:alt] SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

How about

/cast [harm,nomodifier:alt] Taunt;Taunt
    /cast [harm,modifier:alt] Taunt;Taunt
    /script [harm,modifier:alt] SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

since you want to cast Taunt without marking as well.Not sure if it works so you'll have to test it out.You can also add a helpful spell/ability on the same button with [help,modifier:alt] / [help,nomodifier:alt] or something along those lines so I added the harm for enemy targets.

Download Baudmark. I use it all the time. Fantastic mod; you just set the keybind and it shows all the marks in a nice easy to select from wheel at your mouse

You insert it after the /script, as these other guys have said, but then they massacred the rest of your macro.
    The other option is to keybind the marks from the blizzard keybinding menu. Just set each mark you want to alt+[taunt button here]. That may not work as well, depending on how you bind (or click) your abilities.

The last option would be as Anathema suggested, get an addon. I don't know Baudmark, but OPie also has a really good system for it, and does a whole lot more too. It's a very cool addon, takes some practice to use effectively, but very very nice.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Only some slash commands take the [] tags - I'm not sure Script is one of them. It's something to test, though.

Deleted
    Code:
    /cast Taunt
    /stopmacro [nomod:alt]
    /run SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Code:
    /cast Taunt
    /stopmacro [nomod:alt]
    /run SetRaidTarget("target", 8)
    Winner!!! Thank you
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.