Thread: arms/resto 2v2

arms/resto 2v2

So I've been doing 2v2 with a resto druid for a while now and I'm an arms warrior.

Our main problem so far with our team has been double dps teams or hunters and dk's. When it comes to these teams my healer partner cannot put out enough healing, and i usually spend 80% of my time in defensive stance hoping to survive or he just drops immediately. He is in 2/5 wrathful 3/5 relentless with both 100 resil bonuses, and he has full wrathful offset. I'm at around 6kgs and 1k resil is the number I try and balance my dps/pvp set around.

I've tried everything to help him out and at this point I'm looking for helpful advice as to ways he can play to increase his healing output. We are around 1650 atm and I know we would be much higher if we could make it through the double dps team. Healer/dps teams we almost always beat.

Any suggestions?

I'm looking for helpful advice as to ways he can play to increase his healing output.
    seems you're misunderstanding a important thing, theres no useful way to increase healing output.
    You should try find a way to decrease enemy's damage output.

I dont know what kind of 2dps team you get problem... but the keypoint is survive and poking dps.
    Not need to do serious dps with your 2h wep. its very danger and you will die while few cc on your druid.

1.sometimes Cyclone a enemy will work better than spam heal on MSed target. (wound poison, aimed shot)

2.Equip a shield in Battle stance. You can use Spell Reflect, Shield Bash, Shield Slam while you dpsing. This is really good against Caster dps. Interrupt CC and Reflect harmful spell. Also good against Melee dps, you gain high Armor and Block chance.

So, against Hunter team? is it MM hunt? play be super defensive at start.
    Wait for hunter waste mana -> Kill pet -> Serious fight is begin.

Their burst trick is Scatter Shot -> Freezing Shot -> Enemy Healer's CC.
    Scatter Shot is instant, so unable to avoid. It mean your druid can't do anything these CC chain.
    Skilled warr will intervene when druid get Scatter shot, to eat Freezing trap. but this is difficult.
    Simply If Druid get CC, you should runout and cut LoS to hunter quickly. and important thing is "Interrupt next CC."
    If their healer is priest, snare it and do not let him reach to your druid to fear.
    If their healer is druid, Interrupt Cyclone.

Against DK team... what is their healer class? and what kind of problem you have?

I'm a resto druid, and if I do some arena's (very rare!), and there is a double dps team, i just hot myself up, 3x LB, Rejuv and regrowth, and keep them up. When they pop out and try to nuke you, just use barkskin and go bear form. Your hot's will keep yourself alive then.

Quote Originally Posted by Supergnome View Post
    seems you're misunderstanding a important thing, theres no useful way to increase healing output.
    You should try find a way to decrease enemy's damage output.

I dont know what kind of 2dps team you get problem... but the keypoint is survive and poking dps.
    Not need to do serious dps with your 2h wep. its very danger and you will die while few cc on your druid.

1.sometimes Cyclone a enemy will work better than spam heal on MSed target. (wound poison, aimed shot)

2.Equip a shield in Battle stance. You can use Spell Reflect, Shield Bash, Shield Slam while you dpsing. This is really good against Caster dps. Interrupt CC and Reflect harmful spell. Also good against Melee dps, you gain high Armor and Block chance.

So, against Hunter team? is it MM hunt? play be super defensive at start.
    Wait for hunter waste mana -> Kill pet -> Serious fight is begin.

Their burst trick is Scatter Shot -> Freezing Shot -> Enemy Healer's CC.
    Scatter Shot is instant, so unable to avoid. It mean your druid can't do anything these CC chain.
    Skilled warr will intervene when druid get Scatter shot, to eat Freezing trap. but this is difficult.
    Simply If Druid get CC, you should runout and cut LoS to hunter quickly. and important thing is "Interrupt next CC."
    If their healer is priest, snare it and do not let him reach to your druid to fear.
    If their healer is druid, Interrupt Cyclone.

Against DK team... what is their healer class? and what kind of problem you have?
    This guy somes it up pretty much.

Go and practice dpsing in battle stance with a shield on. Get a decent 1hander with slow wep speed, and the same type as yoru 2 hander wep. Ie axe axe, sword sword.

Most warriors make the mistake agisnt doubel dps of using a 2 hander, you got so much mroe utility then that with s shield on, and you will win the long game if there double dps.

Also
    /cast [stance:1/3] defensive stance
    /cast [stance:2,target=inseryourdruidnamehere] intervene

Spam it when they scatter your druid, and get an addon to show when his freezing arrow is about to come off cooldown so you can get ready for it