Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Soloing Nax bosses

I see this rogue solo'd another Naxx boss. Why do people think its some feat that should be recognized. He's basically bugging the encounter. From what I understand blizzard makes an encounter and they want you to kill the boss without this type of behavior. Since its Naxx and not current content not much is going to happen. If rogues start doing this on newer or current content blizzard will change the way bosses leash and or how shadowstep works when a boss is engaged. I don't see much of a difference between this and the guild who had a paladin RF healing in Yoggs stomach for world first Alone in the darkness except it was current content and a world first. This guy should be banned.

I think the 165 minute fight and learning curve is enough punishment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Well untill I see him solo any of the 12 bosses in icc I am quite happy to see him continue to play with old content. He is smart and it is cool to watch him do this stuff. But that was his last video so you can stop crying about it.

It's blizzard's fault for not fixing the rat/shadowstep exploit when jiderstep killed Patchwerk. All they can do now is make sure they dont design encounters in the future that allow you to fight on multiple altitudes.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

shut up dont be jealous that you couldnt even dream of figuring out how to do it. His feat is amazing regardless of how he did it

Why should they fix it? He's soloing bosses of out dated content.. It just so happens it's 80 content. Technically though it's no different to Vanilla or TBC raid farms, the gear is useless and there's no real reason to make it impossible :\

Pretty cool to see anyway :P leather class without a heal solo's a 25man raid boss? It's not like it's happening on every server 10 times a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Firen
    You do realize that this statue has 4 ears?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    We are no loner that funny racist uncle, we are the uncle that abused you as a child.

I think the point is, while he is certainly being creative using shadowstep/digrat, it allows him to do something that nobody should be able to do. I don't think it even matters that Naxx isn't new content, because honestly if he had though up how to do this when Naxx was still progression, it wouldn't have been any harder to do, it just would have taken longer. And on that topic, the fact that he can spend hours fighting a boss and completely ignore the enrage should be considered abusive in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    I think the 165 minute fight and learning curve is enough punishment.
    this
    Level 80 Protection Paladin. Miner/Jewelcrafter
    Level 27 Restoration Shaman. Skinning/Herbalism

People just don't think logically, remember all the crying about that dk who got rotface to 80% on his own?

Each fight took hours of spotless shadowstep and evasion cooldown management with no mistakes inbetween and some lucky-ass dodging. Don't bitch because someone in the world is actually clever enough to do something like this. He should be commended, not punished. It's not like this strategy could be practically employed in almost any other fight, seeing as the need for multiple altitudes is necessary.

Seems the major argument is "different altitudes or planes" means it makes it ok and not an exploit well that should extend to planes of existence also. Yogg world first should have been ok if you agree with shadow-stepping digrats and using a different altitude. If that isn't exploiting then neither is leaving a paladin in another plane or realm in a boss fight it was totally not exploiting right? Blizzard doesn't care because its old content if it were new he would be banned and a hot-fix deployed overnight. I'm not jealous I killed those bosses the correct way when they were current. Also I wouldn't waste that much time and I'm pretty sure any rogue could do this it doesn't take "skill" just trial and error and no life. Wall jumping in TK on lootreaver to avoid the bombs isn't exploiting and hiding behind a tree stump on Archimonde isn't exploiting either I guess.

Almost forgot what about priests reflective bubble on Sarth 3D just more clever use of game mechanics right?
    It was current when you could do that and people got banned and it was hotfixed.
    Last edited by Dethh; 2010-06-27 at 07:31 PM.

It's.. a naxx boss. That's like banning DKs who solo obsidian sanctum, It doesn't make sense. Just because you don't like it, He's not abusing any bugs. Resetting an encounter is allowed, and resetting an encounter+ hitting the boss before he completely resets to reset enrage timer has been used for a very long time by full NE parties in newer content with no real downside. That's since classic too. It's a clever use of mechanics, and nothing more.

Blizzard hasn't banned for anything he did before, I doubt they'd ban now.

i think he should get banned... i remember a mage that solod some bosses in naxx by useing a mage talent in arcane + spellsteal to get an awesome shield and he got banned for doing that...
    dont rly see whats diffent is on useing brain to solo naxx bosses by shadowstep or spellsteal but one gets banned other dont? wtf i say...

whoa, over reaction a bit.

This comes under clever use of game mechanics, personally i think he should be applauded for knowing his class and the game well enough to do what he does.

I've done it on a DK but to do it with a leather wearing non self healing class is very impressive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by manofmagic View Post
    i think he should get banned... i remember a mage that solod some bosses in naxx by useing a mage talent in arcane + spellsteal to get an awesome shield and he got banned for doing that...
    dont rly see whats diffent is on useing brain to solo naxx bosses by shadowstep or spellsteal but one gets banned other dont? wtf i say...
    I agree with you to be honest.
    The mage that used incanter's absorbtion and spellsteal to solo the military wing of naxx had his achievements, gold and loot taken away and the incanter's talent get nerfed. unsure whether or not he was banned.
    This is the same kind of thing, except he is using an item (the dig rat) to completely bug out bosses to kill them. Whether it is current tier or not, if it is from the same expansion, it should be punished. If Ensidia can get banned for unknowling exploiting LK, then something should happen to this dude - at least fix the things that allowed him to do it.

I'm not even particularly impressed. Sure, I couldn't do it, but I don't want to. He just did something noone has ever done before, not because it is particularly hard (once you realise how to bug out the dig rat), but because it is pointless. QQ at me all you like, but can you really say you would want to try it? Over 2 hours repeating exactly the same thing for about 100g and some random wow fame? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    It's.. a naxx boss. That's like banning DKs who solo obsidian sanctum, It doesn't make sense. Just because you don't like it, He's not abusing any bugs. Resetting an encounter is allowed, and resetting an encounter+ hitting the boss before he completely resets to reset enrage timer has been used for a very long time by full NE parties in newer content with no real downside. That's since classic too. It's a clever use of mechanics, and nothing more.

Blizzard hasn't banned for anything he did before, I doubt they'd ban now.
    It's nothing like the DK who soloed OS. He did that 100% legit, tank and spank using entirely intended mechanics and class abilities. Almost every part of Jider's strategy is abusing one thing or another. The biggest one is of course pathing. Remember when they removed the chest in Mechanar because Rogues were abusing pathing to farm it? The dig rat thing is definitely creative, but it only serves as a tool to circumvent the fights mechanics. I was impressed when Rogues were soloing stuff with 102.4% avoidance in TBC, but spending hours going from ground to tunnel just so you can basically get 100% evasion uptime is abusive as hell.

Now I don't know that the guy should get banned, he's screwing around with admittedly old content and it doesn't have any effect on anyone, except making him a bit of cash. This should definitely be remedied, or at least kept in mind for the future though. Wandering bosses with 100% melee damage, an incredibly long leash, and a second access point are bad I suppose. Then again, 99% of bosses are in their own self contained room anyways.

I really doubt Blizzard will care enough to do anything about 3 tiers old content, especially with Cataclysm on the horizon. I think it would be really awesome if they gave him the little scourge hook every other abom seems to have, though... Either that, or like randomly teleport people in Grob's room and beyond on top of patches and give them a -100% dodge debuff or something <_<

wotlk is to ez :<

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I see this rogue solo'd another Naxx boss. Why do people think its some feat that should be recognized. He's basically bugging the encounter. From what I understand blizzard makes an encounter and they want you to kill the boss without this type of behavior. Since its Naxx and not current content not much is going to happen. If rogues start doing this on newer or current content blizzard will change the way bosses leash and or how shadowstep works when a boss is engaged. I don't see much of a difference between this and the guild who had a paladin RF healing in Yoggs stomach for world first Alone in the darkness except it was current content and a world first. This guy should be banned.
    Ok Douchey McDouchington

I don't see much of a difference between this and the guild who had a paladin RF healing in Yoggs stomach for world first Alone in the darkness except it was current content and a world first
    Evading mobs so they cannot attack someone and kiting them using your classes mechanics are two different things.

I agree w/ the original poster and wish this player wouldnt get such recantation it's really not impressive that he's capable of using his cooldowns and keeping the boss from disengaging while he awaits for his Cd's to come back up.