Thread: Trinkets issue

Trinkets issue

Hi all,

i'm a retadin in need of help/suggestion.

currently, i'm "stuck" with:
    Whispering fanged skull - http://www.wowhead.com/item=50342
    Darkmooncard - greatness - http://www.wowhead.com/item=42987

I'm quite happy with whispering fanged and i hope i get the heroic one soon, but i dunno what to do with the darkmoon i feel it's a bit outdated lol

my options are:
    1. easiest to get - herk war token - http://www.wowhead.com/item=50355 - but i dunno whats haste for me, and how fast those 17 ap stacks up to 20.. might take some time lol.
    2. we killed prof a lot and the tiny jar dropped last time - http://www.wowhead.com/item=50351 - dont need hit, but is the proc any good?

does any1 have any ideas how to switch the card, or if it's worth it? (plz keep in mind i can't get the trinket from valkyrs 25man TOGC)

thanks

Ret

get tiny abom in a jar next time it drops its bis for rets until the heroic version

Herk.. hands down.

And a heads up... you can't have both ICC trinkets at the same time, I believe they made them unique (not even unique-equipped) and that "unique"-ness applies to the Heroic version as well. So if you win it, make sure that person is gonna actually give it to you because you'll have to destroy your normal version to even take possession of the heroic version.

Tiny Abom is horrible since they nerfed it. It used to proc on basically everything ret pallies did and made rets fantastic. The trinket literally was a 5% dps boost, which was bigger than heroic Reign trinket is for casters.

Now, it's a +hit trinket with a VERY minor dps proc that only procs on your white hits which means every 30 secs or so, you'll hit once for 50% wep dmg... IF your target is within 2 yards as opposed to anywhere in the normal melee range. Fights less than 30secs? nothing.

Edit: looked it up again. Seems CS and DS also proc it, but it's still not gonna replace Herk, DV, or WFS. I kept looking for more mentions of TAiaJ on EJ and other sites that WOULD be talking about it as a top trinket and every mention of it dies in January after the nerf. Seems the nerf was as hard as thought.

Go Herkuml.

Only thing better than those two would be Death's Verdict (normal or heroic) or the heroic WFS to replace your normal.

Basically, with Herkuml you'll have 2 of the top 5 trinkets for the spec and as far as trinkets go, that's usually pretty set especially since the difference between herk and WFS and the 245 Death's Verdict is just plain nominal.

And the Greatness deck is only slightly down from there. I've got Herkuml and Greatness and I'm not really sweating trinkets. WFS and Herkuml? You're fine.

Avoid The TAiaJ like the plague... no pun intended...hehehe.
    Last edited by Mackeyser; 2010-06-28 at 07:39 AM. Reason: correction and clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeyser View Post
    Herk.. hands down.

And a heads up... you can't have both ICC trinkets at the same time, I believe they made them unique (not even unique-equipped) and that "unique"-ness applies to the Heroic version as well. So if you win it, make sure that person is gonna actually give it to you because you'll have to destroy your normal version to even take possession of the heroic version.

Tiny Abom is horrible since they nerfed it. It used to proc on basically everything ret pallies did and made rets fantastic. The trinket literally was a 5% dps boost, which was bigger than heroic Reign trinket is for casters.

Now, it's a +hit trinket with a VERY minor dps proc that only procs on your white hits which means every 30 secs or so, you'll hit once for 50% wep dmg... IF your target is within 2 yards as opposed to anywhere in the normal melee range. Fights less than 30secs? nothing.

Edit: looked it up again. Seems CS and DS also proc it, but it's still not gonna replace Herk, DV, or WFS. I kept looking for more mentions of TAiaJ on EJ and other sites that WOULD be talking about it as a top trinket and every mention of it dies in January after the nerf. Seems the nerf was as hard as thought.

Go Herkuml.

Only thing better than those two would be Death's Verdict (normal or heroic) or the heroic WFS to replace your normal.

Basically, with Herkuml you'll have 2 of the top 5 trinkets for the spec and as far as trinkets go, that's usually pretty set especially since the difference between herk and WFS and the 245 Death's Verdict is just plain nominal.

And the Greatness deck is only slightly down from there. I've got Herkuml and Greatness and I'm not really sweating trinkets. WFS and Herkuml? You're fine.

I just...lol'd.

You have no idea how the proc itself affects things OTHER than white hits, right?

Im not even a ret and I know this. (Holy/prot yoyo)
    Now stop spreading false info.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

SO... before whole Taiaj starts, i should replace my greatness card with herk trinket from badges???
    that's really better? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Improtaight View Post
    SO... before whole Taiaj starts, i should replace my greatness card with herk trinket from badges???
    that's really better? :O
    I'm in the same situation (off-spec though, so little chance on getting TaiJ) and this is what I found out:
    HWT: on fights where you don't need to switch a lot, think DBS, fester, rotface maybe (hit the slime if you need to run).
    DMC:G: on the other fights, think princes, putri, sindy, etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Herk.. hands down.

Go Herkuml.

Complete fail. I don't know how HWT stacks up for ret, though, but despite DMC:G being old, it's still a good trinket.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, whoever said the badge trinket was better than tiny abom is stupid. Tiny abom regular is better than any other trinket than heroic. Tiny abom will probably end up being about a 700dps increase over any other trinket. Not only do you hit for 50% weapon damage, but it also triggers the 5stack SoV effect, hitting for an additional 37-38%, it won't cause a stack, but it'll cause the damage. As for the emblem trinket, it will be different for every pally based on your stats, but for my ret pally right now, rawr has the emblem trinket as 62 dps ahead of greatness, so that would be an upgrade if you want to switch those out until u get tiny abom.

To the OP, use WFS and TAiaJ. Make the hit work for TAiaJ. The guy saying it's bad has no idea what he's talking about. Herk is good but it's a lot better with a Shadowmourne.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

OMFG!!! Do not start that haste/SM crap again. I wanna know who the clown is that started this whole myth about haste.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Yeah too bad that it's actually ~ 8-10% of a rets total dps atm.
    And that's your 2nd fail post about this trinket already so how about you stop trolling already?

10+ Year Old Account

Wrong wrong wrong! The procs are just mutually exclusive making using the two of them in conjunction with each other a bad idea that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahpuch View Post
    Wrong wrong wrong! The procs are just mutually exclusive making using the two of them in conjunction with each other a bad idea that's all.
    Nope as I have both of them I can verify, that they are neither what you said nor what that failtroll said:
    They're unique equipped => You can have both of them in the inventory at the same time, but only one of them can be equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Nope as I have both of them I can verify, that they are neither what you said nor what that failtroll said:
    They're unique equipped => You can have both of them in the inventory at the same time, but only one of them can be equipped.
    I can confirm this as well. Have both TAiaJ's and can only equip one at a time.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Can also confirm. Had both WFS and was dismayed when I found out I couldn't equip the heroic version with the normal version. Seems I'm stuck with DMC:G until I can get DW or DC/DV.