Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Blue posts, MMO Report, Comics

The week starts slowly with a couple of Blue Posts and your weekly dose of MMO Report and Comics. The beta is still supposed to be soon, just like the past 2 months.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Increasing the crit rating on plate to compensate the crit given by agi
    Warriors don't need to have the same amount of crit as rogues to do the same (or sometimes higher) damage. The only risk is that rogues who scale both AP and crit from Agi will end up doing higher damage with extreme gear levels, but usually we have the opposite problem. In any case, at extreme gear levels crit often becomes less and less valuable.

We balance warriors around wearing plate. When they can then wear leather and do higher damage (and who can blame them for making choices that maximize their dps?), that presents a problem and the solution is often to nerf warrior damage, which then hurts the guys actually wearing plate. We need to finally fix this design flaw, which we're doing in two ways: itemizing leather the way we itemize plate (i.e. just Agi rather than Agi and AP) and giving warriors more of a benefit for wearing plate. (Source)

Nerfing Mortal Strike debuffs
    Yeah I don't think we could nerf MS on live without also nerfing healing, which obviously makes it more than just a quick fix. (Source)

Paladin (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator)
    Holy Paladins can't equip Daggers
    Well, it's more complicated than that of course. You aren't competing with priests and druids for your shields and nothing is stopping you from equipping a spell sword if you don't need the Spirit. A caster axe isn't off the table, but it would be pretty uncommon. (Source)

Shaman (Forums / 3.3.5 Talent Calculator / Cataclysm Talent Calculator)
    Dual Wield Talent
    We're not quite ready to talk about it yet, but imagine that the DW talent is accesible to Enhance early enough to be useful but not to Elemental and Resto. We're also looking at making enchants unique, which would let us drop the WF internal cooldown low enough that fast weapons might be more attractive. (Source)

The MMO Report
    It's monday, and we have an E3 2010 Special MMO Report.

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #144 and Teh Gladiators #144 are out!

Deleted
    Still waiting for the RSSFeed to get back to its old and better style

Sounds sweet lowering the cd for WF. I still miss the old times when it was white dmg and no cd though
    Last edited by babyback; 2010-06-28 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DLC never fail!

I like the idea of lowering the WF CD, but i REALLY don't like the idea of using fast weapons at all :<

and i swear the little girl in DLC is Deathwing in disguise!

Deleted
    It's DLC #244 btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the Warhammer 40k MMO????

DLC <3 .. And gief SP Axe

Lego universe is gonna be the best game ever (i hope)
    Casey is the man for walking around E3 in a suit

As a warrior I find it impossible to kill healers even furious geared, I can't even begin to imagine trying that without MS it will be like a retlol trying to kill a tree, seriously. You couldn't possibly make healers any more overpowered than they are, there are way too many healers in bg's these days sometimes 1/3 of a bg is healers if not more, and they are making healing even EASIER? healing in WOTLK is absolute cake, I pvp ALOT on my resto druid and it takes a dozen to kill me, so without MS I'll probably never die, EVER.

You do EOS and see 5 horde healers, everyone is completely spam healed and now Blizzard want to make it even harder to kill healers and even easier to heal on them, bring on EOS with 15 vs 15 healers, fucking fun. What use is a warrior now? spam cc'd and can't do shit, die quicker than a naked mage might aswell remove the warrior class, a warrior in Cata without arp and MS? lol.......

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    As a warrior I find it impossible to kill healers even furious geared
    Well there's only one of two things or both happening here:

1) You're going up against healers who tremendously outgear/outskill you.
    2) You fail as a warrior.

There's no chance they're ever going to nerf MS debuff anyways (especially considering how large health pools are going to be at level 85), why even bother posting that? Blue answered a stupid question. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Bucky Mclachlan; 2010-06-28 at 11:10 AM.

I dun want fast weapons for my shaman :<

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    As a warrior I find it impossible to kill healers even furious geared,
    The point is that its supposed to be hard to kill a healer. You are not supposed to one shot us. Also even if it takes longer for you to kill ys its not like we dont do alot of harm to you

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Still waiting for the RSSFeed to get back to its old and better style
    Try using this URL for your RSS feed after the mmo-champion domain: /external.php?type=RSS2&forumids=252

Works fine for me in Google Reader.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good 'ol DLC

Deleted
    Old Republic? Hell Naw

Bring on Lego Universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Mclachlan View Post

There's no chance they're ever going to nerf MS debuff anyways (especially considering how large health pools are going to be at level 85), why even bother posting that? Blue answered a stupid question. Nothing to see here.
    Blizzard already stated that they're nerfing MS in Cataclysm, down to 20%. Chances are that they'll experiment with some different numbers to see what works, but they're definitely nerfing it pretty hard. They're also nerfing healing, so it will balance out and MS just won't be as required as it is on live. They're not going to nerf it prior to 4.0 for exactly the reason that Ghostcrawler stated. Healing would be too powerful if MS were nerfed right now, and they can't nerf healing without retuning all of the raid content. It's too big a change to do without a complete reset of gear and raid content.
    Last edited by Tang; 2010-06-28 at 11:34 AM.

If Casey doesn't mention the 40k mmo next week, this show will lose what little credibility it has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Conbot View Post
    If Casey doesn't mention the 40k mmo next week, this show will lose what little credibility it has left.
    The game is like 3 years away, so what do you want them to do, show the trailer?