2v2 Arcane Mage and Resto Shaman?

Is the above a viable comp? We’ve been playing to 1400ish and it seems to work, but I’ve never seen it… which worries me.

i think its cool but a disc priest would be better. if never seen it before to :P wonders me why XD maybe you discoverd something OP

How do you kill stuff by pairing with a restosham ?

I’m the Shaman, so ask the mage

He can put a decent burst, so I bring them to his LOS. I can kite fairly well (despite being new to Shamans in arena) so I move and make sure he can do his magic. When the time arises, Bloodlust and I try to help with frost shock+lava burst+lightning bolts or dispel/Cc/wind shear.

Here’s me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ade&cn=Vontrap

I'm having a hard time seeing you killing anything =P most teams will probably stick on you which leaves you little time to get those arcane blasts or w/e in and as soon as your shaman gets stuck in a cc chain you'll be dead =P

I run the same comp but I'm frost.

We are stuck at about 1750 we were above 1800 once but never again.
    Our main problem are pally/war and resto/affli especially the latter.

Our matches last about 30 minutes on average unless we encounter double dps teams which we normally have no problems with.
    Last edited by Dkpingi; 2010-06-28 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkpingi View Post
    I run the same comp but I'm frost.

We are stuck at about 1750 we were above 1800 once but never again.
    Our main problem are pally/war and resto/affli especially the latter.

Our matches last about 30 minutes on average unless we encounter double dps teams which we normally have no problems with.
    This is what i experienced when trying to do the same =P Ended up speccing elemental in stead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    This is what i experienced when trying to do the same =P Ended up speccing elemental in stead.
    I was considering going Arcane/Elemental but I’m not sure the mage can survive or that I can survive enough. It’s scary

ps.: I miss-read your name and thought it was black on back

YEA, good idea, go elemental, make your mage respec frost and find a third healer, then queue in 3s.

Good plan, I aproove +1

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    YEA, good idea, go elemental, make your mage respec frost and find a third healer, then queue in 3s.

Good plan, I aproove +1
    I find your lack of faith disturbing

And what do I do in my 2s?

mm, if you realy want to play with a mage, go elemental.
    If you realy want to stay resto, pair in this order : UAlock>all

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    mm, if you realy want to play with a mage, go elemental.
    If you realy want to stay resto, pair in this order : UAlock>all
    Resto + UA Lock? interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Neurus View Post
    Resto + UA Lock? interesting.
    It's really not interesting at all =P Use your elemental spec and tell him to go frost. That way you got an insanely fun and potent comp to play. UA/resto is likely to be better but you'll get your desired rating eventually as ele/frost too and why not have fun while doing so?

It's really not interesting at all =P Use your elemental spec and tell him to go frost. That way you got an insanely fun and potent comp to play. UA/resto is likely to be better but you'll get your desired rating eventually as ele/frost too and why not have fun while doing so?
    Which then leads us to the following question:

How do you survive as Elemental in 2v2?

Which then leads us to the following question:

How do you survive as Elemental in 2v2?
    I don't. I fk them up b4 they do the same to me! Survival of the pwner. Even Charles Darvin agrees.

Seriously though, Your mage is supposed to take care of your survival. You just kite around a lot and when there's a chance you take it and just burst something down.

I don't. I fk them up b4 they do the same to me! Survival of the pwner. Even Charles Darvin agrees.

Seriously though, Your mage is supposed to take care of your survival. You just kite around a lot and when there's a chance you take it and just burst something down.
    Thanks for the tips.

Thanks for the tips.
    It all comes in time though. I've played over 800 games as ele/frost you learn as you go.