Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    pally power
    ....................................................................................

Ret/prot: Grid!

I seriously cant play without Grid.(no matter what char I am on)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arhippa
    When you take GC and replace G with C, C with H and add INA you get CHINA !

Coincidence ? I DON'T THINK SO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan
    Take your nerfs like a man and not some spec hopping bandwagon groupie.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Vashj&n=Aletra

Obviously dxe or w/e boss timer you use is most important.

I could live without pallypower, I just wouldn't like it. On my paladin I could live without power auras, but wouldn't like it either. Tbh, I could be fine without them all except dxe on my paladin. If I was holy main it'd be a different story.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    Please state the addon like this:

HOLY/RETRI/PROT: (Name of addon and what it does, and please a link aswell)
    Control freak much?

I wish blizzard implemented a UI feature for holy paladins that tracked our short term buffs (BoL, SS and JotP). It's not hard to install an addon that does the trick, but it gets really annoying when you're pugging stuff with your alt and the tank dies because the holy paladin's beacon ran out and he forgot to recast it. The thing about beacon is that you will almost never have to target the beaconed player since he's getting auto-healed, thus if you're not using a tracker addon, it is impossible to know the exact moment it runs out. After all, they are giving moonkins a unique UI feature that tracks Eclipse (which can be tracked by the friggin default flowing combat text)...

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

For all three specs I like to use healbot. Tanking-you can set righteous defense as well as hand of salvation and hand of protection. Retribution-It helps with the support role we sometimes have to take with heals and cleansing. Healing.....well you get the idea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharped View Post
    What addons would you say is "THE" addon you cant live without?

Dont add in Pallypower!

Please state the addon like this:

HOLY/RETRI/PROT: (Name of addon and what it does, and please a link aswell)

The addon i cant live without right now is:

RETRI: Faceroller Retpala, keep tracks of your rotations: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...etPaladin.html
    The list is to long and is 100% dependent on what I'm doing I use critical addons for Raiding, Arena and Just daily use.

CLCRet > Faceroller
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Can you do without this? Yes; hell, once my game crashed mid-fight, and my addons wouldn't load properly in combat, so I healed the second half of deathbringer saurfang by casting from my spellbook and targeting people by manually clicking the person on the field, or by targeting off the boss's target. It worked; that doesn't make it a good idea.
    For some reason I get the picture of a paladin holding a book in his left hand and reading the book while casting heals with is right hand.

But for addons:
    Ret: Pallypower, grid and decursive and any boss mod that you prefer. Why grid and decursive? well I tend to help with dispels and also keeping an eye on health on tanks/healers can be good so I can BoP (there is no HoP!) the healer or LoH him.

Prot: same as ret really.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

Application: Skype.

Addon: Bejeweled.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    care to elaborate?
    Sarcastic/short answer: I have a brain, so I don't need pally power.

Longer answer:
    1) It's ugly
    2) It has no real customization
    3) It allows you to bind seals/auras, but not to change what you've bound mid-fight. I actually do change seal/aura mid-fight depending on the fight and what I'm doing, so this function is wholly useless to me (secured action bars...).
    4) There are exactly four blessings. In a 25-man raid, I have *never* had a situation where I had less than 2 pallys, and usually we have 3-5. If you have 4+, blessing assignments are so trivial I hope I don't need to explain why you don't need an addon to do this. If you have 3, odds are you'll have a dps warrior; have him battle shout, the three pallys take the rest. If there's only two, and neither is a prot pally, same as 3, just no sanc in the mix. If at least one is a prot pally, just have him do kings on everyone but the tanks, sanc on the tanks (and if he can't handle that, how do you expect him to hold aggro or do his job?) Even in a 10-man raid, if you only have one paladin, you don't need pally power because you're doing it all yourself, so who are you coordinating with? If you have two, just make sure everyone has kings and might/wisdom (I and a ret pally do this without any communication on a weekly basis in our 10-man groups; I do wisdom on casters, kings on physical, he reverses it. No addon needed.)

In cataclysm, there will probably only be two blessings: Kings + Might. I fully expect that there will still be people using pally power, saying you cannot coordinate buffs without it. Maybe it's my fault for expecting people to be able to read the raid chat frame and remember things for longer than 10 seconds...

10+ Year Old Account
    training wheel add-ons :|

I never got the mentality of "training wheel addons". Clcret will always catch DS procs faster than your eye can. You are sacrificing DPS by not using it. Pally Power is better at organizing stuff and allows you to single bless people who died without having to target them and hit a keybind. Boss mods aren't really needed on easy fights, but I'd love to see you make any significant progress on tough bosses without it(see A Tribute to Insanity shadow strike interrupts for more details).

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    peggle

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    As I said, you have used addons for so long you can't really manage without them anymore. I've played without them from the start, and learned to manage without.

For my own ability timers, I've just learned to know when they run out etc. Routine. I also use the classic raid UI, which shows enough of debuffs and stuff. For healing I just select the person normally and spam the keybindings.

I do have a few macros to help with it, but still.

For instance, I've usually got macroed BoL on some specific target, and a panic button to /target & heal the MT quickly with whatever CD is ready and if not, just normal holy light.

I did try to learn some addons, specially healing ones, but I ended up doing worse than without..
    I actually healed all the way through classic and BC without addons(except like...DBM?). I switched about midway through 3.0, never looked back. And of course you do worse with the addons. You use them for such a short while. It takes time to adapt. And trust me, once you do, you will NOT regret it.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Sarcastic/short answer: I have a brain, so I don't need pally power.

Longer answer:
    1) It's ugly
    2) It has no real customization
    3) It allows you to bind seals/auras, but not to change what you've bound mid-fight. I actually do change seal/aura mid-fight depending on the fight and what I'm doing, so this function is wholly useless to me (secured action bars...).
    4) There are exactly four blessings. In a 25-man raid, I have *never* had a situation where I had less than 2 pallys, and usually we have 3-5. If you have 4+, blessing assignments are so trivial I hope I don't need to explain why you don't need an addon to do this. If you have 3, odds are you'll have a dps warrior; have him battle shout, the three pallys take the rest. If there's only two, and neither is a prot pally, same as 3, just no sanc in the mix. If at least one is a prot pally, just have him do kings on everyone but the tanks, sanc on the tanks (and if he can't handle that, how do you expect him to hold aggro or do his job?) Even in a 10-man raid, if you only have one paladin, you don't need pally power because you're doing it all yourself, so who are you coordinating with? If you have two, just make sure everyone has kings and might/wisdom (I and a ret pally do this without any communication on a weekly basis in our 10-man groups; I do wisdom on casters, kings on physical, he reverses it. No addon needed.)

In cataclysm, there will probably only be two blessings: Kings + Might. I fully expect that there will still be people using pally power, saying you cannot coordinate buffs without it. Maybe it's my fault for expecting people to be able to read the raid chat frame and remember things for longer than 10 seconds...
    Well I have to admit pallypower is clunky.
    I do use the seal/aura setting, but I also have all seals (the ones I use) and auras on my bars to change them midfight.
    The real power behind it for me is the capability to track everyone's blessing. No more ppl asking for kings because they died on trash pack X and didn't get a rebuff because it showed up on pallypower.

Aside from that, no matter what, having 1 person organize blessings and everyone pressing refresh once and buff is faster than telling people to buff that class with this buff. In pugs it's even more obvious.

Like I said, I agree that it is ugly and clunky, however it's better than nothing.
    In cata I hope 1 pala can cast both buffs on the same ppl. Like how priests can do fort, spirit and SP.

Something with agro warnings to mouseover righteous defense (i use healbot). And off course Pallypower. There's no real reason not to use it, and in a 25 man raid keeping track of Buff timers is just priceless.

Grid+Clique, DBM, Skada, Bartender, Titan Panel, PallyPower, Power Auras Classic. I'm not using much more because my old laptop already runs the game like an agonizing pain. 12/15Mb of loaded addons it's more than enough for me.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

The only AddOn that I use specific for my Paladin is PallyPower, even if the OP said not to mention it. It makes sorting out Blessings a lot faster, and easier to re-buff during combat.

Other Add-Ons I find vital as a Tank are DBM, Decursive and Omen. I'm not a fan of putting all my faith in AddOns, so I don't use much more than that(just Recount and X-perl)

I use the same AddOns for every spec.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started this toon in BC specifically to level and hopefully raid as retribution. No add-ons or UI mods used until I had to heal for Karazhan, and I got tired of being second or third on the charts in terms of output. Started with X-Perl, attempted healbot and failed due to it's gross and ugly interface. (I just couldn't stand it's visage.) Someone recommended Clique and AMG, to this day, it is still THE best and most stable healing mod I'll never trip on again.

Now I'm rocking CLCret, HUDmap, DXE, kgpanels, Litestats, Pallypower, PheonixStyle, Tip Tac, OmniCC, Rangefinder, WiM, oUF with a self modified Tukui interface setup. Grid is a must, though I really despise Grid sometimes because when I'm holy healing, I have to use another timer mod to track my SS's, Beacons, JotJ, and FoL hots. (CLCbpt ftw.) I simply cannot figure out how to get my Grid Icon Indicators to show icons AND durations for my buffs on a raid, so I find myself clipping my own buffs quite often when attempting to fill in a spot in my offspec. =\

Most useful mod I can think of is DXE, as I played all through Naxx and OS3d without ever utilizing any special mods as a prot or ret. (Still managed to top out in performance too. *Shrug*) Now that I'm using the 696969 rotation, and a personal priority system with CLCret, my DPS and TPS are at their all time best, and I like that this mod is very much like playing Tetris, as you can preview a suggested rotation, and decide to stick with that, or wait a second or two to throw another judgement when mana is becoming sparse.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.