Battlebround Idea *Team Deathmatch*

TL;DR-a battleground thats acts like a fps team deathmatch, no objective, just killing the other side

Was just thinking that what arena offers is the team deathmatch atmosphere that you would get from a fps. Take your team and your objective is to kill the other team. That's it. Make em all dead. Now people already sit in all the bg's attacking each other on the roads and not giving two shits about the flag or general. Perhaps with rated bg's its time for a team deathmatch bg.No more objective bgs.

Thinking something along the lines of a 10v10 bg thats about half the size of wg. Each team member get's two lives. Once they use up those lives they are a ghost that can prowl the field and relay information, but can no longer participate in battle. Now you might ask well whats the incentive for these teams to charge each other, and meet in the middle. Well I was thinking in the middle there can be 3 flags sitting. One flag when captured gives everyone on your team an extra life. Of course this will be the main flag everyone will go for. The other 2 would just be something like the crystal in arena so when you capture it the one lone rogue left on the other team can't hide from you to prolong the game anymore. Then perhaps a 3rd flag that just increases your teams damage by ten percent or something along those lines. Only one flag can be carried at a time so if ally are carrying one flag to score then horde cant even pick up a flag. Now most matchs would be decided after the intial skirmish for the first flag. Chances are if you kill all 10 of them and have 3 left alive and then capture the flag to gain the extra life that you've won. But a good bg always needs to have the option for the great comeback youll talk about for weeks.

The plan is not to have this bg last hour with each team gathering hundreds of lives. It's suppose to be short and simple. Kill the other team before they kill you. I know there's still kinks to be worked out, but just wondering what the community as a whole feels about a bg like this.

Battlebround?

This is both new and interesting.

Sounds like arena had a disgusting affair with WSG, and the result was arena with a flag and 1 respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    1. you started with a tl;dr , wtf i didnt read anything so far...
    Yea i realised i didn't even read the whole post before answering. I cannot be blamed for that though =0

10+ Year Old Account
    Think they stated not too long ago that this is what they're aiming not to do. They want objectives in battlegrounds and the early *deathmatch* arena testings with big maps ended up not so fun because you would too often just walk around looking for people, and they didn't think it fitted WoW as much as an FPS to have it like that.

Personally, I'd like to see this though. But not with the extra life flag because it would pretty much be overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyBucky View Post
    Once they use up those lives they are a ghost that can prowl the field and relay information.
    Too much Gears of War maybe?

I like your idea! Sounds fun

its been said before but i wont be like mister bobzor over here. i like the idea i feel it needs to be put in so people can just do what they like to do kill horde or ally in bgs since thats all that goes on in WSG. i dont like the flag idea in the middle because ur promoting an objective which is something u wanted to avoid. buffs sure i like the raidwide buff flag idea but instead of capping the flag it should be a radiating aura flag were lets say one person get the flag anyone withing 100 yrds gets the buff stilll that promotes prot pallys and warriors to just hold flag and soak up dmg. i like ur idea on the crystals in arenas to stop rogues from lol camping. overall i like your take on this and like u said a few kinks to work out.

How about like COD MW2, Each team has to reach a certain amount of kills, say 10v10 maybe 75 kills? 100kills maybe? The team that first makes 100 kills wins the match.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soothing Voice View Post
    Sounds like arena had a disgusting affair with WSG, and the result was arena with a flag and 1 respawn.
    this made me lmao

Quote Originally Posted by fearhappens View Post
    How about like COD MW2, Each team has to reach a certain amount of kills, say 10v10 maybe 75 kills? 100kills maybe? The team that first makes 100 kills wins the match.
    This would be a much better idea. Otherwise people would camp as fk and it'd be plain boring. But still this is nothing new...

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild has joked about this while waiting for raid times, basically like an arena, but more people, and you're allowed to use abilities that are disallowed in arena.

Would also like 3-way or 4-way matches, like 5v5v5 or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neonights View Post
    1. you started with a tl;dr , wtf i didnt read anything so far...
    2. you ruined your own idea by already putting objects in your own objectless stuff
    3. if you want to play an fps , go play an fps. This is world of warcraft and balancing it around 5vs5 is already hard enough
    5s are facroll because its in a tight environment and if 3-4 guys pick one target blow a few cds and zerg him its dead a healer cant do shit to keep him up. and bam its 5v4 then carry over to another target 5v3 or 4v3 considering the other team is doing the same. except in a bg the area is much bigger and ranged can actually do something besides be the first target.

10+ Year Old Account
    tbh thats like AV, as in AV you can kill 500 people and win....

well.. the way to tell it seems a bit messy.. but i would love a AV without towers and bosses and fighting in field of strikes and let it be all about reinformens. also awesome place for the hk farmers to go and the buffs could be when team 1 leads with an x amount of reinformens like 100 and if they got more the buff would grow bigger
    Last edited by manofmagic; 2010-06-28 at 03:10 PM.

Deleted
    been suggested loads but i still want it!

I like this idea, and maybe like raised up GY's so they can't be camped or immunity for 2 seconds when ressing

Ok im typing this on a shitty touchpress storm so sorry for the grammar errors you dam nazi's. Also didn't realize I had scrolled back to the beginning for the tl;dr. I put objects in my objectless bg because without something to bring the teams out to fight everyone's gonna sit in the base going "when the hell are they gonna show up?" In the end the main goal is to do what everyone already does by fighting on the roads. Of course gy's would be raised or protected in someway. Perhaps the first to 75 kills is a better idea as people won't bitch about being dead then. Although you could see the benefit in having a dead scout.