Thread: Gearscore BG's

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Gearscore BG's

As most of you are aware there is a gear score that you must obtain to enter certain dungeons, and many raids require at least X gear score to be invited. Yet in BG's, you can be grouped with people who dinged 80 a minute ago, and you are expected to win a WSG with someone on your team who has 14k hp (this is usually the person who loves to grab the flag). What are your opinions on using the rating system on gear to at least create different brackets, so that people in full wrathful don't have to deal with people in full greens. This would be separate from rated battlegrounds of course, since they are team based, and lots of people will still be queuing for random BG's.

I think Mmo-Champ should ban people who start Gearscore threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I think Mmo-Champ should ban people who start Gearscore threads.
    this

I too am of the firm belief that the most revered mods of MMO-Champ should consider the possibility of handing out firmhanded banslaps to people who dabble in questionable acts such as the creation of GearScore threads.
    This is my signature. You will now remember me.

what is the gearscore of one in full S4 gear?

It's not a GS thread, maybe you have not been to a BG with multiple people sporting 15k hp. Blizzard implemented the gear requirement, and used it to limit access to dungeons, so why not do the same for BG's? Would be far to easy to create a bracketing system based on the quality of gear you have.

Note: I don't use a GS mod, I don't even know my own GS, but I do know the difference between full wrathful and not a single piece of pvp gear. You complain about GS, but it has always been there, now they can just measure it. Get over your anti GS and accept it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to do BG's with bad geared players....do a premade, you can even use GS to recruit people for that said premade :P

Quote Originally Posted by Chilifan View Post
    It's not a GS thread
    Thread title: Gearscore BGs

Nice try.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

Incoming gearscore hate... Anyway its not that bad of an idea. I myself dont like being one shot when I dont have any gear! Also to you idiots talking about gearscore, why do you think you are locked out of PoS when you first ding 80?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilifan View Post
    It's not a GS thread, maybe you have not been to a BG with multiple people sporting 15k hp. Blizzard implemented the gear requirement, and used it to limit access to dungeons, so why not do the same for BG's? Would be far to easy to create a bracketing system based on the quality of gear you have.

Note: I don't use a GS mod, I don't even know my own GS, but I do know the difference between full wrathful and not a single piece of pvp gear. You complain about GS, but it has always been there, now they can just measure it. Get over your anti GS and accept it.
    Gearscore BG's
    O'rly
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

How are we supposed to get PvP gear without doing battlegrounds?

Sorry bro, it should be based off mmr. No one cares that your'e racking up the dragonslaying gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    but both sides can have them que, I love seeing a mage with 14k hp. One aimed shot and dead
    I'm just an ex-con trying to go straight to get my kids back

They are called rated bgs. Get 9 more people and have fun. You hve to wait for catty, but your problem has already been solved.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted
    No. BG's are, as they are designed at the moment, the school for PvPers. Everybody, be it the blue-pvp-set geared Newb or the full-Wrathful can do useful stuff in every BG. Battlegrounds are almost never lost or won because one or the other team is better equipped but tactics. Holding points, protecting flags, being where you are supposed to be and making intelligent decisions.

If anything at all I'd like to balance out the number of healers per BG via an LFBG-tool of sorts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great idea here, let's make the battleground queue's even longer! 15-20 minutes is no where near long enough

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that a better title would be "Gear locks on BGs" or something of that nature.

@Pokemaster:
    You'd still do BGs, you'd just be put in to a bracket with people of roughly equal gear.

It's not a horrible idea. However, setting up something like that is probably way down on the "Big List O'Stuff" at the Blizzard offices. Especially since you can get your starter sets of PvP gear through badges now (whether or not they keep that mechanic when they implement Hero/Valor points remains to be seen).

10+ Year Old Account
    I support longer que times! I think everyone would agree with me when I say the best part of doing bgs is waiting for the que. Anything that would make that que longer is a good idea!

By the way I didn't mean that to be sarcastic.

But I did mean that to be sarcastic.

What if i wanted to play some BGs with my less geared friends? Not everything has to be sorted into geared and not geared

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxcis View Post
    What if i wanted to play some BGs with my less geared friends? Not everything has to be sorted into geared and not geared
    Y'know what, I think you just nailed it. I just thought 'hey, the blue PvP geared paladin could still get off his HoJ on the healer and getting wtfpwned, and his team wins because of it.'

So, in reality, running BGs with lower end gear is more about knowing your limitations, I think. OP, it would seem the people you end up with just don't know when to quit.