Thread: Gearscore BG's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ok, the name of the title is moot, get past that and look at the idea. I like the idea about # of healers, but I am not sure why people are saying longer queues. Maybe I am just lucky and get instant queues for randoms, but I though since the change to go battlgroup wide with BG's the problem was fixed.

And there most definitely is a relationship between gear quality and win chance of teams when one has at least relentless/wrathful and the other is in deadly/furious at best.

Well, I guess depending on your battlegroup... the q's for mine are pretty much instant. I think the idea is solid, but I also think you have to realize that the only quick way to get PVP gear is to PVP... unless of course you have tons of emblems you wanna spend on the gear. Limiting someone to only be able to get PVP gear by farming heroics would suck. But as one person said, this is an issue that will be fixed in Cata. Not only with rated battlegrounds, but with the introduction of craftable PVP gear for each new season.

On a side note, get over the GS hate. Seriously. When someone mentions it, it isn't always to say 'LFM NAXX MUST HAVE 6K GS!'

sig by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Emee View Post
    Well, I guess depending on your battlegroup... the q's for mine are pretty much instant. I think the idea is solid, but I also think you have to realize that the only quick way to get PVP gear is to PVP... unless of course you have tons of emblems you wanna spend on the gear. Limiting someone to only be able to get PVP gear by farming heroics would suck. But as one person said, this is an issue that will be fixed in Cata. Not only with rated battlegrounds, but with the introduction of craftable PVP gear for each new season.

On a side note, get over the GS hate. Seriously. When someone mentions it, it isn't always to say 'LFM NAXX MUST HAVE 6K GS!'
    Now it's "LFM WSG MUST HAVE 6K GS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilifan View Post
    And there most definitely is a relationship between gear quality and win chance of teams when one has at least relentless/wrathful and the other is in deadly/furious at best.
    Sure, but as I mentioned, that situation is not very likely since ppl are chosen randomly (at least as far as we know). There may be unbalances at times but you'd almost never get a full wrath against a full deadly/pve/blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilifan View Post
    Ok, the name of the title is moot, get past that and look at the idea. I like the idea about # of healers, but I am not sure why people are saying longer queues. Maybe I am just lucky and get instant queues for randoms, but I though since the change to go battlgroup wide with BG's the problem was fixed.

You really haven't thought this through.

1. GS doesn't take into account PvP vs. PvE. So the same way that people boost their GS with PvP gear to get into raids.. they'll do the opposite to get into BG's. Which results in Actual Inspection Gear Checks for WSG. Terrible.

2. PvP gear does not mean the player is good. You can get full relentless from PvE badges and still not know proper PvP/BG Tactics.

3. Gear is not what is making you lose. If you genuinely think that, there's a good chance that you're one of the weak links on your team because you're clearly mistaken about what it takes to win.

its a good idea in principal but have to figure a couple issues:

- Queing in bad gear and putting it on at start (wows a haven for loosers...)
    - Playing with friends, you in wrath them in 18khp

But yea I'd agree

at first on my priest who basically was an alt even in nax 10 time (he got like 2-3 runs, couple of 200 epics) - so I said to myself when I gear that char I'd get furious healing heroics. well... its not fast enough... 5 badges per instance even robe is 75, thats *takes socks off* 15 instances for one item - if I did 5 in a row i'd die a little inside, so didnt want 70 instances for 5 furious.

So? so I qued with like 19khp - felt a bit bad but did what I could to avoid gear being an issue (in vehicles/bombs in soa, power infusion/pain supression geared casters, full buffs, dispell spam everything)

But it would have been more suitable for me to be vs 20khp peeps and not get in the way of some wsg/ab matches where people would literally stun and kill *cheapshot killing spree dead*

Oh and gearscore people - its a great tool - I want it mandatory for every aspect of wow and want to dance around laughing at those who suffer from it - I hope everytime you want to pug in wow you feel redundant because you are being left out based on your gearscore.

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2 View Post
    Oh and gearscore people - its a great tool - I want it mandatory for every aspect of wow and want to dance around laughing at those who suffer from it - I hope everytime you want to pug in wow you feel redundant because you are being left out based on your gearscore.
    Except for new 80's who have Crafting alts that make them TOC and ICC gear to boost their GS to get into raids they don't have enough experience at the class to be getting into. That's always awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    I think Mmo-Champ should ban people who start Gearscore threads.
    This
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Just make a premade.

troll. thread stealer. bia
    If your raid is bad, bind your Hyperspeed Accelerator to hearthstone!

I support this idea, otoh I got instant queue's being ally on Twisting Nether...

One of the most widely-cheered announcements during the Game Systems panel was the introduction of rated battlegrounds and the reappearance of old PvP titles from the now-defunct ranking system. It's a question we've seen asked a lot -- plenty of people out there aren't fond of arena but love battlegrounds, and many of them chafed under the inability to get up-to-date PvP gear. It looks like Blizzard will be trying to reward better battleground play without punishing people who have the bad luck to land on an indifferent PuG. Here's what we know so far:

nuff said

the difference is in pve you always face opponents of the same difficulty. but in pvp if your team has 1 guy with 14k hp, the opposite team usually does too, therefore makeing the opponents easier, so in the long run it'd be balanced(even tho it wont be every single game)

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly problem is not for low-geared people in BG's but problem is they dont know their limitations.
    Example from todays matches in 70-79 bracket. I am prot warrior with self-buffed 20+k HP. It is WSG (Call To The Arms) and my personal Win/Loose is about 1/5. Mainly happens this a clothie goes and grabs flag while he has level 70 (or so) and barely 10k hp with buffs and of course he gets killed in instant and then whines about not begin healed or rest of team cant protect him.
    Only win was there where BL told everyone that only I take flag because of my large hp (He was rogue). Everyone else had max 15-18k hp.

So people are dumb and somewhat ignorant

Happens a lot this - I always despise new guild members who always have the grasping childish mentality of above - hunter mispelling "LF 2 TNAKS 3 HEALERZ ICC100 CMON!" and he's in level 78 leather ungemmed helm etc etc, I just want them to quit or repeatedly suffer/loose due to trying stuff beyond them. I will gladly step aside for a better geared player (by a sensible margin) if I know im not quite ready for it, I don't do stupid crap like the above. I guess its just immaturity and good old fashioned greed.

Guess once you have a good guild and realise the rewards are higher for being a decent member in a decent guild you start to learn, some people are hard wired though and will hopefully quit out when they realise their methods get them shit all.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    This
    I agree with this "this"

I'd rather have a dude with full furious with barely 5k Gearscore than some PVE hero with 0 resi and 6.2k GS.

10+ Year Old Account
    O'rly
    Do not like you not sure why. It goes ORLY? anyways.

I think Mmo-Champ should ban people who start Gearscore threads.
    Absolutely this...

Statistically speaking, for every guy in your team who has just reached 80, there is one on the other team too. If you find it necessary to play only with people who already have pvp gear - even though the undergeared people are not bringing you down an average - you can do that with a premade group.