Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    don`t spit, just blow normaly
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

I just spit all over my computer am I doin it rite?

Anyway what kind of shops can you buy a compressed air can? I'm interested.

15+ Year Old Account
    Almost any local electronics store should carry it. I'm not sure where you're from, but in the US you can get it from Walmart, Target, Best Buy... sometimes even the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
    Probably because he's right. Manually blowing into your computer just isn't safe. Yeah, 95% of the time you might be ok, but do you really want to risk shorting out a $150 motherboard and $200 CPU because you were too cheap to get a $4 can of air?

There should be available power connectors from your power supply or even split from another nearby fan. Just look for a matching plug (most likely a 4-pin molex... 4 pins, about 1/3 inch high by 1 inch wide, usually white).
    The fan that is unplugged is a two pin connection.

to all nordic people

you can get cheap from here
    http://www.komplett.dk/k/ki.aspx?sku=429485
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    To be completely honest, ive had decent computers for the past 5 years - ive taken the side off, and blown around to get the dust out every.... 3-4 months? i havent broke anything, as long as your not retarded and take a drink of water when u do it, its all good.
    This is not to insult you, or the original person that asked this question.

This is the Internet. You have to assume that somewhere some else out there wanted to know this as well, and stumbled upon this article. I don't mean you're an idiot, or that anyone else in this topic is an idiot...but...My general rules of thumb for the Internet are:

Everyone's an idiot 'til proven otherwise.
    Everyone is male 'til proven otherwise.

Regardless, while blowing dust out of your PC with your mouth isn't a feasible option, it's fine when you don't have a can of air around. I don't recommend it, just because there always will be one idiot to blow saliva/water all over they're motherboard, and then blame me.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    some anti-static equipment (suck as a rubber band attached to something)
    Touching something metal (I.E. inside of a metal chassis, or a doorknob) will remove the presence of static electricity. I've never heard of a rubber band do this. Maybe you were thinking of this?: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16899888207