Bio - Cross Dawnshroud

This is veeeery much in the... aaaah... beta phase. I'm just hesitant to go further until I got some opinions and ideas, confirmation and denial - according to WoWwiki, the hybrid might not even truly exist. But even if that one lone half-troll is lying, I'd argue that it's theoretically possible. After all, Elves and Trolls might have once been the same species. So, it's possible, right? Right? After getting some (hopefully) constructive feedback - I'll work on actually finalizing and fleshing out the character, including coming up with more of the recent history. Give it a little bit more work than "he joined the Argent Dawn and fought stuff good!"

Oh, and the writing isn't exactly the best in the world.

Name: "Cross" Dawnshroud
    Race: Half-Troll/ Half-Elf (high)
    Class: Templar/ Priest
    History:
    Cross' story begins over a hundred years ago with his mother; Kyali Dawnshroud. She was a proud ranger of the Farstriders - a wouldbe hero of her people and a fierce warrior. It didn't take her long to rise in the ranks of the Farstriders, nor did it take her long to upset a few people in the wrong places with a few inappropriate comments. Kyali wasn't so much a revolutionary, or particularly outspoken. She was just never particularly bright. Those who opposed her came up with a fitting punishment. They gave her command of a small unit - and sent that unit to help eradicate the trolls that had harassed them in ages past.

Without question, Kyali obeyed. And so it was that her entire unit was decimated. It was a strange stroke of (bad) luck that Kyali was taken alive, and not devoured for dinner. A mossflayer troll took a strange interest in her, and kept her as his.

Fifty years later, and Cross was born. Most of his life he was a test subject. The trolls viewed him with curiosity. It was a hybrid that no one had expected to have happen. Cross' mother was nearly revered - at least as revered as a concubine could be. After that, she was no longer simply his fathers slave. The entire tribe would have her.

Cross grew strong of heart and of body. He was resilient. The barbarism that the Mossflayers put him through went against every instinct in his body. The rituals left his body scarred and defiled. Quickly he learned to ignore physical pain. Quickly he discovered how to hide in his own mind. His master - the troll that he would call Zal'Jia - taught him to speak. Zal'Jia was learned. And Kyali had taught him more. Rarely did Cross get to see his mother. Only in passing did they ever meet. He was never even given a proper name. The trolls would not let her give him a name. They called him Boy-Slave, if they were even that polite.

It was in his private world that he first named himself, and discovered the Light. Cross. That was his name. He was a cross of elf and troll. An unnatural cross blessed by the Light. He clung to that light. It fueled him. It was the reason he survived. Although he had very little time in private - the bit he did, he spent in practice or meditation. He taught himself to channel the Holy Light.

When the plague began to spread, he found things rapidly changing. For the first time he was given some freedom in the chaos. He spoke at lengths with his mother. He learned a little of his past - of his people. He learned his family name. Kyali confessed that she had never thought of a name for him. That she was afraid if she ever even considered a name for her baby - that it would curse him. He wept as the disease wracked her body. The light wouldn't save her. Nothing could save her.

Cross kissed her forehead as she died. He was gone before she came back.

Escape was easy after that. With the trolls distracted, it was a simple matter of murdering his dying father and escaping under the cover of night. Finding a place to go was much more difficult. It was perhaps the greatest bit of luck in his life that he discovered a paladin fighting the Undead threat. Cross learned from this man, and revealed little. However this Knight is the one person who knows anything of Cross' past. Cross admitted that he had been a troll slave. He told this man of his mother, and of his own birth. In return, Cross discovered how to wield the Light properly.

He later join the Argent Dawn, and Cross would follow. Cross would never reveal anything of his past to anyone else. That man, Sir Darvis Fellos, would become one of the earlier Templars of the Argent Dawn. On his recommendation, Cross joined after.

Personality: He has one.
    Appearance: He wears clothes, has hair and ears. He's kind of attractive. And has skin. And scars. Many scars.
    'Cause what the world needs now
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted my bio like an hour after yours. Maybe flesh out personality a little bit more? Creative

An attractive half troll half elf with many scars?

ew..... give him more personality and give us a description of his looks, does he resemble a troll or an elf more? does he have tusks? whats his hair like? physique? what colour is his skin? Hair?

I doubt any Elf would find love with a troll, be it night elf or high elf, after a lot of stuff in lore.

I know for sure Half Elves had to fight some trolls on their regions, and pretty much hated them as they hate the scourge... but I was under the believe that Night Elves also hated them just as much, just that I don't really know exactly why in particular.

If I was you I'd go with one of the other, not with both....

---------- Post added 2010-06-29 at 07:29 AM ----------

Reading now, I see that it was a result of rape, so there's no need to get lovelygoodie... but I'd still say to stay away from it if what you said about WoWwiki not mentioning it is true.

Troll/Elf mix is like trying to mix water with oil, it just doesn't mix in (at least in my opinion, you could probably like it). I still suggest going with one or the other.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

As I said (to Tylanir and Potosi) - it's not finished. I just kinda added those in as a joke. I didn't really want to fully flesh out the character if the resident lore buffs deemed half troll as a no-no. I don't really want to spend more time creating and typing up more about the character if I'm just going to scrap him.

WoWWiki mentioned that one character boasts about being a half-troll, and although it might have been in jest - it is unlikely that the character would have made such a boast and not denied it after. http://www.wowwiki.com/Half-troll But it does seem kind of a stretch... Yet it could also prove that it's not quite impossible.

This character (and his not particularly too creative or inspired backstory) is simply in existence because the idea of a half-troll fascinates me. I put up the bio early because, as said, I wanted to get the opinion of others about the race and the story itself. If most of the responses are like Elizabeth's, I'll probably scrap the character all together and come up with a different concept and story.

I just see it as an interesting possibility =o)

Thanks for the replies, and I look forward to a few more before I decide completely.
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.

i'd like to see the article about the half-troll in question, before anything.

EDIT: oh it's there... reading it now.

---------- Post added 2010-06-29 at 11:16 AM ----------

According to lore, night elves are the evolutionary descendants of trolls, while high elves, and then blood elves, are the evolutionary descendants of night elves (yeah, they're different races now, from spending so much time doing such different things in a different enviroment, and the blood elves are slowly growing away from high elves.)

If it were at all possible to have a troll-elf mix, it would be with the night elves.

I wasn't sure about that. I kind of assumed that High elves would share the same genetic compatibility with their night elf ancestors. Sort of makes sense that they don't though. Shoots my character in the face, though. Oh well! Back to the drawing board.

Thanks Madgod =o) I think I'm going to come up with a different (and hopefully better) back story for a half nelf/half troll (I will not surrender that easily!)

Out of curiosity - would a half night elf/ half blood elf coupling be possible? seems like it should... I don't remember any such coupling appearing in lore though...
    is a new Frank Sinatra
    so I can get you in bed.