Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Led Zeppelin Appreciation Thread

Because the world could use a little more Lead.

I would usually link a YouTube video of some sort but there are too many great Led Zeppelin videos and songs to count. In a bleak and dreary world it is always good to know there is still rays of light shining through the darkness, perhaps from a time 30 years past, but that era is when real music died. Some may claim me a tad nostalgic, i do not care.

So without further adieu, let us begin appreciating the masters.

P.S. R.I.P John Bonham

Edit: Ah, what the heck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEiyG...=youtube_gdata
    Last edited by Zeppelin535; 2010-06-29 at 06:34 AM.

I like Zep, but to be honest, they are the most overrated band I've ever seen.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.
    He would be allowed to use speed hacks in Battlegrounds- if he needed them.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He is- The Most Interesting Player in the World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethbob View Post
    Blasphemy!

More like truth.
    If he were to defeat you in a duel, you would have to fight off the strong urge to thank him.

They are so popular because they were so amazing. I am quick to judge things as overrated, but LZ does not number among them.

I do not like Led Zeppelin.At all.But I appreciate them for being the ones to pretty much create metal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    "Can you handle the Paperwork please?"
    "The only escape is death..."
    "Umm, ok, but would you mind? It's not much, really."
    "Stick Around!"
    "I'd love to, but i've gotta get back to the meeting"
    "BOOOOONESTOOOORM!
    *Marrowgar knocks the paperwork off the desk in rage*

They are not overrated. The only reason people can say that is because they like 3 songs by them. Kashmir, Immigrant Song, and Stairway to Heaven. Those are well known by the general population who have heard the name. I guarantee most people think Led Zeppelin is a person, not a band. Imo the best song I've ever heard is "The Battle of Evermore". The acoustic in that song blows my mind.

Nah, i've listened more deep into Zep and just don't think much of them. I don't think of them as this "legendary" band. They're okay, but nothing special.

I really have to disagree with you Sethbob, Led Zeppelin is one of those bands that if you listen to their music you can almost feel like you are wandering into their soul; a thing I think many performers lack now a' days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

Too many hardcore deathmetal heads on this forum tsk tsk... joking really, or maybe not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeppelin is overrated, when you get down to it, all they do is moan. It sounds awesome at first but gets at you after a while.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    My first real encounter with Led Zeppelin was about 12 years ago. I was 15 and randomly grabbed a one of the tapes my dad recorded for my mum when they were still together. Black Dog blasted out into the living room and I was blow away. I'd just started playing the guitar and the riffs mesmerized me. For me personally, they're not overrated. It's my favourite non-contemporary (as in when you start listening to a band way after their glory days) band.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfyre View Post
    I really have to disagree with you Sethbob, Led Zeppelin is one of those bands that if you listen to their music you can almost feel like you are wandering into their soul; a thing I think many performers lack now a' days.
    I get what you mean, and to some degree agree with music not having that affect now, but it doesn't change my opinion on them. It's like Pink Floyd's "The Wall". I can listen to that straight through with my headphones on, in complete quiet, and it's really mesmerizing to get into, and that doesn't happen with a lot of other bands/artists I listen to, but that doesn't make them better or even higher on my, say, top 10.

Even if I liked Led Zeppelin, they are one of those bands whose song you listen to about half of because it's boring. It's a good song, sure, but you're done with it pretty quick and find something better.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion they're the greatest band of all time, Ramble On kicks ass.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhdCslFcKFU

10+ Year Old Account
    Posting my appreciation.

Oh Bonham, why do the good die so young.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Jimmy makes me eargasm. And orgasm. He makes me everythingasm.

have you heard of the beatles? or the rolling stones? or hell, even aerosmith? those are the most overrated bands of all time.

don't get me wrong, late-psycodelic beatles is pretty good, but they are still extremely overrated.

led zeppelin = greatest rock band of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    have you heard of the beatles? or the rolling stones? or hell, even aerosmith? those are the most overrated bands of all time.

don't get me wrong, late-psycodelic beatles is pretty good, but they are still extremely overrated.

led zeppelin = greatest rock band of all time.
    I agree with Aerosmith. Stones/Beatles not so much.
    I feel that Led zepplin came and went before they could start making crap.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 zeppelin