Post Kinship - Xheoul's Bio

((I wanted to write a Bio that would slowly evolve into a story, hopefully this does not break the rules. I added another character of mine, Ghantz into Xheoul's story since, in my mind, there's an actual connection between the two. There was something about paladins joining the Horde that sort of clicked with me and my main character. I will post Xheoul's background a bit more in detail later on but I think this sort of speaks to what my character is all about and some of his past while keeping a certain degree of mystery...Sometimes, you just want to forget. Hope you enjoy it.))

Name: Xheoul (Formerly of the Dusksong house)
    Class: Elf Forsaken Rogue
    Affiliation: The Horde

Likes: Battle, he very much enjoys lurking in shadows, stalking his target. Crafting weapons, trinkets and gems, it's something he learned from the troll that trained him. He often gives protection charms to those he respects.

Dislikes: The Alliance (mainly humans), cowardice, dishonor, murlocs

Personality: Xheoul is very reserved, however he does feel a sense of camaraderie with other members of the Horde, specially trolls and blood elves. He highly respects whoever honors the battlefield since he views it as the ultimate way of getting to know your enemy and your brethren. He is one to joke around when he is among good company, however he is very wary of strangers and may come off as cold and calculating.

Note: His master who taught him the ways of the sword was a troll. Since Xheoul could not speak due to missing his jaw when he was risen, he crafted a voodoo pendant as a gift. This pendant works so Xheoul's thoughts are immediately voiced and transferred. He speaks, however he does not need to move his mouth (or what's left of it). If he goes on a long period of time without using the pendant, he becomes very exhausted due to the inability to "breathe" properly. The pendant has very dark voodoo involved but this does not seem to bother Xheoul in the slightest.

=======================================

Betrayal. That's the way of the hidden dagger. You're born alone, you live alone, you die alone. That's what they taught me. The only problem is: Undeath changes things.

Two figures sat in front of a small campfire in the open field of Durotar. A bright, somewhat tall figure covered in shining golden armor sat slumped forward, staring into the fire as the wilderness played its song. The other was a dark, cloaked figure with flimsy cloths all over it, covering most of what would be its skin. A pair of bony hands clasped each other in front of the campfire, pretending as if they can feel the warmth of a past life. "That's not how I see the world, Xheoul." A young blood elf replied with a sad look about him. "Nights in Durotar are cold...Too cold. I miss the warmth of my - our homeland." He added. The bony fingers moved in gestures, rejecting the idea of a place he could call home. As the hands moved they slowly revealed some rotting flesh underneath a dark cloak. The word "Home" could be softly heard in a weak, guttural voice from underneath the shadowy mantle. "How far are we from Orgrimmar, rogue?" the blood elf added, seeking some conversation, but he got no answer.

Xheoul stood and slowly shambled away from the campfire. He searched his bag which he always kept distant, for he always felt the need to shy and hide away. He grasped what seemed to be a dark stone with a supernatural shimmer to it, it also had various charms dangling from it. As he clenched it in his fist, the blood elf could hear what seemed to be air filling the undead's shriveled lungs. "Is that...magic?" - "No, Ghantz" Xheoul muttered as he tried to catch breaths of air. "It's a lot more like...Voodoo." The blood elf pulled back a guffaw. "You don't actually believe that, do you? And besides, you don't look like much a troll." He smirked. Xheoul walked slowly, a bit more straight than before, towards the campfire again and sat down. He dangled the rock towards the paladin in a taunting gesture. The ethereal glow curved around the blood elf's gold and crimson armor and a slight bright aura flickered as if two small forces of good and evil clashed on a gilded plane of blood.

"My master made it for me." Xheoul said while reminiscing the days he used to wage war against the Alliance in Warsong Gulch, relearning how to fight and how to value the sense of Brotherhood. "Without it, I cannot speak. I'm sure you wouldn't understand what it's like to be captured by humans, the ones that used to give you shelter and food and then be tortured, mocked and humiliated. Be called an abomination." He clenched his fist. "They destroyed my face, smashed my jaw and left me to bleed somewhere in the woods, near Lordaeron...They fed me to the ghouls. Do you know the terror...the terror and agony one suffers, when your flesh is torn from your body? You scream from the top of your lungs, yet a sound is never uttered." Ghantz's eyes were wide open, captivated by the story of the forsaken. "What happened?" The paladin asked with slight fear in his voice. "The rest is history" Xheoul added. "I was recruited into the Horde, fought, killed and earned my place as Blood Guard of the Horde." Xheoul's sentence ended abruptly.

Ghantz was fascinated by Xheoul. They had been traveling for days trying to reach Orgrimmar so Ghantz could be properly initiated into the Horde's ranks. By what Ghantz understood, the Horde had been short on forces after the crusades against the Burning Legion started in Outland. Many battalions where lost once they had passed the Dark Portal. Many messengers arrived with updates from the battlefield but the warriors' faces were not seen for months. "We need to speak to the Warchief." Xheoul continued as he stood up and looked over the rocky formations. "Razor Hill is not too far off from here so I suggest we carry on. Don't want to let your guard down where quillboars roam." Ghantz looked at Xheoul and nodded as he stood up,sheathing his mace into its holster. A small glimmer between the rocks had given the two hope that they had finally reached Razor Hill. Their instincts did not lie. The giant stone buildings towered over a handful of workers. Banners of the Horde were being displayed in full glory as they softly undulated in the cold desert sky over the patchy tents that served as roofs. Xheoul and Ghantz stood with a sense of welcoming comfort as they were greeted by an aroma of meat,timber and molten rock. The pounding of the Blacksmith's hammer could be heard loudly even within the cozy inn's walls. There would be no sleep tonight.

The pounding of the hammer brought back memories of a past life. A mission, a torture, death. Later on being replaced by reawakening, honor and brotherhood. Xheoul never wanted to go back to the life he used to live. A life of mistrust, trickery and deception. The ones he would otherwise call brothers would trick each other into their deaths. He survived, he had passed the training. But at what price? To serve as a hired blade that would kill in the name of Lordaeron and keep it secret? No one knew of the assassins the human lords hired to eliminate one another just for land and petty gold. There was no chivalry. His death had sheathed the dagger of mistrust and unsheathed the sword of honor. The battle for Warsong Gulch had taught him that. If it weren't for what he learned from the Horde, he would've never made a brother in arms like Ghantz. And if it weren't for Xheoul, Ghantz would have been more blood spilled in the name of the Alliance.

End of Part 1
    Last edited by Xheoul; 2010-06-29 at 03:22 PM.

sorry if I didn't understand well, but your character, Xheoul, is an Elf Forsaken Rogue and Ghantz is a Blood Elf paladin right?

Also could you put somewhere the basic information other Bios have? It's ok if you want to continue it as a story, but you at least should have that so people know your character better. Stuff like:

*Name:
    *Likes/Dislikes:
    *Personality:

The * should not be avoided, the others like Age and Affiliation can be avoided or filled as "Unknown" or "???????????"

You should also add anything else you'd also like people to know about your character as basic info, and then expand on it in History (which would be the Story you posted).

Finally a wow model viewer model/ draw/ picture you think resembles your character would be nice.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Elizabeth View Post
    sorry if I didn't understand well, but your character, Xheoul, is an Elf Forsaken Rogue and Ghantz is a Blood Elf paladin right?

Also could you put somewhere the basic information other Bios have? It's ok if you want to continue it as a story, but you at least should have that so people know your character better. Stuff like:

*Name:
    *Likes/Dislikes:
    *Personality:

The * should not be avoided, the others like Age and Affiliation can be avoided or filled as "Unknown" or "???????????"

You should also add anything else you'd also like people to know about your character as basic info, and then expand on it in History (which would be the Story you posted).

Finally a wow model viewer model/ draw/ picture you think resembles your character would be nice.
    Done and done! Thank you Elizabeth!