Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What does ''QQ'' mean?

Everyone keeps saying this in about every freaking thread on MMO Champ, but what does it mean?

It means that someone is whineing, and if you look at the QQ letters, it actually looks like 1 pair of eyes crying.

are you for real or.... ? its mean cry cry QQ if you look at it its supozed to be 2 eyes and they are wel sheading tears at the bottom

^ poor guy even made a account just to exsplain that to you :P
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

Originates from Q_Q I believe, an emoticon for two eyes with tears in each. So I would assume it means whining or crying.

1. type "qq" in google
    2. see this -
    Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes. In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
    3. ????
    4 PROFIT

Q
    QQ
    QQQ
    QQQQ
    QQQQQ
    QQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQ

The QQ Stairs

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it's basicly that people are 'crying' about stuff, you know when a child (let's say 5 years old) wants a new toy, they usually start crying and yell "I WANT THAT TOY MOMMY", or when they don't like something but they have to do it (such as go to school) they usually go "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SCHOOL MOMMY /cry". And if you look close into "QQ" you can see that they look like 2 eyes with tears, Q.Q. So basicly everytime someone tells someone to stop QQing they're basicly saying to stop whining about useless things etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    ontrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes. In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
    My internet beats you guys

"QQ" looks like two eyes with teardrops on the bottom, with a little bit of imagination. Hence if you're "QQ'ing" it means that you're whining about something. It's generally used to indicate someone who's whining about something or to indicate ones emotional state.

HOWEVER, originally QQ is from a Warcraft game (I think) where you could press the key combination of Alt + 2x Q (Alt and two times the Q key) and quit the round AND the game instantly. Hence people would tell noobs to quit playing by pressing Alt + QQ. The term morphed into whining eyes over time.

EDIT: Damnit Potfur, you beat me to it... :/
    Last edited by Rycul; 2010-06-30 at 03:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potfur View Post
    1. type "qq" in google
    2. see this -
    Contrary to popular belief, QQ is not a set of crying eyes. It actually originated with the advent of Warcraft II. On battlenet, you could press ALT+Q+Q to immediately exit the match and program. Thus the term "QQ" was to tell people to just quit because they are unskilled. The term later developed and lost it's origin and is usually mistaken as crying eyes. In contemporary gamer culture, QQ has become the mainstream emoticon for crying eyes, though it is still often used in it's traditional sense.
    3. ????
    4 PROFIT
    holy crap...someone else actually knows what QQ is?!

You sir, are my hero.
    Your sig exceeds the maximum allowed size of 500px wide by 100px high by 50kb. Please see the guidelines for more information.

Deleted
    1. type "qq" in google
    2. see this -
    3. ????
    4 PROFIT
    haha epic

haha, its from starcraft or warcraft 2 when you could press some button and then press "q" twice, then the game would quet. when people used to nerdrage people sad "omfg noob why dont you just qq?".

I thought it was crying eyes too with tears, but I guess not.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

In warcraft 3 we used to use TT or tt made, from T.T
    Both QQ and TT means to cry - just like cryin eye..

Made a picture for that some times ago...

There you go :

=)

1. type "qq" in google
    2. see this -
    3. ????
    4 PROFIT
    ^ This ^

15+ Year Old Account
    "QQ" however is insanly misused. If someone complains, the response is often QQ because most people think it equals "whine", as mentioned earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. type "qq" in google
    2. see this -
    3. ????
    4 PROFIT
    Its true!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
    They laugh in the face of our pet, they laugh at our traps, they laugh at our slows and backleaps. We have but one final weapon up our sleeve. We can play on their far weaker and feebler minds to impress on them the illusion that we have died! Yes we can confound and befuddle our enemies into thinking we have slipped off this mortal coil. Of course, a fellow hunter knows different. he knows we are simply fooling them into complacency. For it is then, when they belive they have won... we strike.

i think it has something to do with crying, i could be wrong though