Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    This makes me smile to see the stats are increasing in such a nice way as to gate out useless gea you've already been looking at for SIX MONTHS STRAIGHT. Seriously, who among you wants to continue looking at your tier 10 in September when cataclysm comes out for 5 more levels and dungeons?

What possible reason could you give for it? Yes, you get used to the same old Gear but it's an expansion. It's new content. It's supposed to be new and shiny. I'd love to replace all my gear in the first zone and look llike I should look, a character accustomizing himself to a new area and quests.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Most of these QQers in this thread never played during vanilla or BC obviously, ICC is not challenging content nor should you deserve to keep these pieces of gear until the level cap of the next expansion. Not to mention it really makes the game dull. Do you really want to have a repeat of WotLK where after the quest is complete you just quickly scan the gear for what vendors for most and ignore it completely? swapping gear after every quest is half the fun of leveling!

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see what the big deal is, we got rid of tier 9 after four or five months. ICC has been out for 8 months now. We've made use of t10 more than any other tier in this expansion. Besides, the point of buying Cataclysm is getting new gear to kill new dragons. I don't want to go into Tier 11 wearing stuff I've had since December. Whatever gear is going to help me progress the most in the starting raid is the gear I want, I don't care if the color of it's name is green, blue, or purple as long as it puts me in the best spot to succeed.

Seems like the only people who have a problem with losing tier10 are the people who have struggled to obtain it or have paid guilds 10k gold for runs to get one piece.

The fun part of the game is when you and your 24 guildies build up enough gear to slay the next bad ass dragon. Wearing lvl 80 gear to kill a lvl 88 boss would make it feel like less of an accomplishment.