LastLast
    Field Marshal Selyn Shadowstorm's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Bio- Selyn Shadowstorm

Bio for new Character

Name: Selyn Shadowstorm

Race: Night Elf

Classification: Druid

When Selyn was born, she bore the sign of greatness within the Night Elven society with her Amber eyes. Malfurion Stormrage himself called her into the druidic society a few years after she was born. From that point on, Selyn became one of the more advanced druids among his pupils. When they had been teacher and pupil for around 400 years, the Demigod Cenarius started stepping in to take over the teaching of the young prodigy because Malfurion entered a deep sleep. Selyn is almost as advanced in the druidic arts as any of the druids and she has a gift that allows her to shapeshift to any form and shifts at levels unknown to any other druid of any age. After the Orcs killed Cenarius, Hamuul Runetotem took his place in teaching Selyn. Whenever Malfurion entered the Emerald Dream last, Hamuul stepped in to give a different side of teaching than Malfurion himself. With this diverse learning she has been receiving, she has stepped in to become a powerful druid. She has hibernated with Malfurion twice, during their training together, and entered the Emerald Dream with him in those few thousand years.
    Even though she did not witness the Sundering, she knows of it because her father was one of the many that fought the burning legion in the events preceding it. Her mother told her of this event right before Cenarius came to take Selyn away for her advanced skills.

Her fighting style consists of Cat and Bear Form, clawing and scraping, and naturally can heal and use the nature around her very similarly to Malfurion, like a druid. She dislikes to fight alone and rather would assist others to do the job for her. However, she is very capable in combat alone, she just dislikes it. She rides a Nightsaber named Ellemayne which means Reaver in Darnassian.

She is deeply connected to her mother and dislikes anything that may harm her. She does not participate in 'Factions' and is of the Cenarion Circle. Her only allies are fellow druids, Night Elf and Tauren alike, and because of that is allowed into every faction city. Although that may change in Cataclysm when Garrosh takes control. She's a very nice woman and she always tries to see both sides of an argument, a normal peacemaker.

She is a normal looking Night Elf, with Amber Eyes of course, and has silver hair. Beginnings of antlers showing on her head.

She has taken part in the defeat of Naxxramas, Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, and the events that occurred at Ulduar and Icecrown Citadel. When Malfurion called for assistance against the Emerald Nightmare, she stepped in and was with Varian when he battled in Stormwind. She was inducted into the Archdruids 27 years ago and is rightfully among the more powerful Druids in action right now.

Several years ago, Selyn was in mount Hyjal overseeing the healing of the World Tree with Malfurion, when a message came from Maiev Shadowsong requesting aid on the Broken Isles, Malfurion quickly mustered the nearby druids and Sentinals, including Selyn, and set sail for Maiev. Selyn fought Illidan's naga near the tomb of Sargeras, and accompanied the Kal'dorei forces to pursue Illidan over to the land known as Lordaeron. There they met Kael'thas and his caravans, and they helped him pass across the river in safety, but they lost Tyrande in the process. Selyn met a travelling high elf called Tylanir Oaksong, who was a self-proclaimed bard. He requested to join the elves in whatever quest they were on, and during their skirmishes against the Naga and Scourge, Selyn and Tylanir became good friends. After Illidan was unsuccessful using the Eye of Sargeras, Selyn traveled with her new friend Tylanir across the northern continent, until they departed each other at the human down at Darrowshire. They rarely see one another now, but they keep their friendship strong through missives carried either by spell or birds where magical means were unavailable. As of now, her powers at her fullest, she travels the world looking for places that need her help and listening to whatever her superiors command her to do.

EDIT: Added in my mount.
    Last edited by Selyn Shadowstorm; 2010-07-06 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Added in Nightsaber

10+ Year Old Account
    we need more info one her!
    Try adding her likes/dislikes, how she fights, how she looks even her personality!
    I'm also not sure there are Nelfs that young, but I could be wrong.
    Sounds like a good char though, first "hero" we have had on here, I like the idea

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

well, sadly, Malfurion was asleep around 200 years ago. The druidic sleeping cycle is one where the druids sleep for over a thousand years, if memory serves. He was only brought back relatively recently.

Also, being taught by the two greatest druids is somewhat overpowered. Perhaps there was a druid who was not asleep (maybe they take shifts?) who taught her.

Ok, I have a multitude (That's lots and lots kiddies) of small issues.

220 is VERY young for an Archdruid. And prize pupil of Malfurion? That's very OP if you would ask me (But I'm a mod). Cenarius took her mother away? Dang, that is a VERY POWERFUL family you have there. Maybe tone it down, but I like the idea. Also, technically, the bosses in the BC instances are never dead, but whatever.

@Mad, dangit, stop beating me.

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 08:18 PM ----------

Oh, and Shadowstorm is a very dark name for a Night Elf druid
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

I am cooking, so shush you.

---------- Post added 2010-06-27 at 08:22 PM ----------

Once, I was tanking yogg-3rd phase 25 man, and I had to poop really bad. I'll say I bought a new gaming chair.
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    ah so your into THOSE type of ladies madgod, thats cool! (jks)
    perhaps she could be taught by the prized student of Malfurion, instead of BEING the prized student? thats still pretty BA if you ask me.

Cooking has time where you can multitask, whereas tanking a boss kinda requires much more attention :P

By the way, whatcha cookin?

.. BHARGH stay on topic! (but after you answer my question!)

EDIT: Malfurion taught a lot of people. A prized student would have to be pretty hardcore.

Uhm somethign I suggest is instead of trying to make your character as powerful as can be, make them as in-depth as can be. There's some detail missing in your history, and Stalling pointed out a couple things that could be added.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like the idea of her being there for ulduar, icc ect... it is supposed to be "our characters" doing all that stuff in the lore.
    Last edited by stalling; 2010-06-28 at 06:36 AM.

How was she born 220 years ago when her father died almost 10,000 years ago?

Edit the original post and add the info, and not make a new post like that... easier for us, and it's a lot easier for people who need to reference your character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, kinda new. Done. Better?

Much better.
    Best of 5 years!

Mr. Runetotem isn't immortal, though. He's but a tauren. Did you know this, and accidentally worded your bio badly, or did you not know/forget this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sadly they do have hamburgers in Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Mad, major flaw. Fixed. ^_^

rightfully one of the most powerful Druids in the entirety of Azeroth
    Maybe slightly OP ^_*

Maybe one of the wisest/powerful in Darnassus at this time?
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    alright, that better?

Yes
    Best of 5 years!

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, Sweet. Ill jump in some threads next week. Going outta town.