Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relentliss View Post
    Mana burn may also become even more amazing. With Blue saying that Mana isn't going to be free anymore. Now each bit you lose is going to be more critical.
    This is actually a very good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoros View Post
    And why you want to survive 6-8 more seconds spamming heals and yourself in a BG? Just die and save your mates using Spirit of Redemption
    You've got a point but the solution you posted is situational. When I die that means we are outnumbered, in which case I wouldn't be able to outheal any incoming damage when holy, or their damage is not healable as disc and, especially, as holy. In both scenarios disc proves to be better for my style of playing.

Maybe with a little help of other healers you would be able to keep alive a large number of people as holy, but I don't find myself lately in situations like this.

Call me crazy but i'd rather go into shadow with the remaining points for imp scream, silence, vamp embrace and reduced CD on shadow fiend, that teamed with archangel mana regen will be nice

I see now that Blessed Resilience doesn't stack with Focused Will
    But I guess it won't matter with the new builds...

With today's announcement of having to dedicate at least 31 points to a single tree, all bets are off for the time being.

No one knows who will be te most "powerful" but the new talent system is going to shake pvp up, which is what is needed.

Seriously, as much as everyone tries to say that Arenas are amazing and the best form of pvp, all it comes down to is what the flavor of the month is.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I'm really looking forward to the disc tree changes, I love what they've done as far as the DPS talents and PW:B looks great. I'm hoping that new mana regen talent based on dps spells we cast works out well...

I was kind of hoping for some sort of escape-ish mechanic for disc... with absolotely 0 chance to get away from anything in a bg....they get kinda frustrating. druids obviously have travel form, pallies have freedom, and shammies have ghost wolf. makes me sad disc is the only healer without something of the sort. but i guess you can't have everything...i love my dps capabilities as a healer, only thing that keeps it interesting/hard/fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by keley View Post
    You've got a point but the solution you posted is situational. When I die that means we are outnumbered, in which case I wouldn't be able to outheal any incoming damage when holy, or their damage is not healable as disc and, especially, as holy. In both scenarios disc proves to be better for my style of playing.

Maybe with a little help of other healers you would be able to keep alive a large number of people as holy, but I don't find myself lately in situations like this.
    Even outnumbered 90% of times my mates don't die till Spirit of Redemption ends. You must try Divine Hymn or Guardian Spirit in Spirit of Redemption.

I would say disc does look pretty awesome in the upcoming expansion, i dont know if its just a bug on the beta, but the random pvp spec i chose to try out (i know their changing) my smite cost 297 mana. and i gained 5.1k mana back from archangel. You can work out yourself that when i spent 1.5k mana nuking my target i got 5.1k back and 15% increased healing. Ontop of this there is now a partial healing effect (not reliable but a small help) to smite spam so from what ive seen, disc's going oom from going offensive is going to be less common and possibly even more mana efficient to do so.
    However ovbiously if your spamming smite you cant heal so it has its downsides and upsides but im sure a good player can easily work out when to smite and when not to

Quote Originally Posted by Noodz View Post
    I would say disc does look pretty awesome in the upcoming expansion, i dont know if its just a bug on the beta, but the random pvp spec i chose to try out (i know their changing) my smite cost 297 mana. and i gained 5.1k mana back from archangel. You can work out yourself that when i spent 1.5k mana nuking my target i got 5.1k back and 15% increased healing. Ontop of this there is now a partial healing effect (not reliable but a small help) to smite spam so from what ive seen, disc's going oom from going offensive is going to be less common and possibly even more mana efficient to do so.
    However ovbiously if your spamming smite you cant heal so it has its downsides and upsides but im sure a good player can easily work out when to smite and when not to

Thats most likely gona get fixed, if not the priests will really be more like a DPS class, considering smites do hit quite hard already. And it being so mana effiecent is just...

Quote Originally Posted by Relentliss View Post
    Mana burn may also become even more amazing. With Blue saying that Mana isn't going to be free anymore. Now each bit you lose is going to be more critical.
    Problem is mana burn tends to burn your mana just as bad as it does theirs, sure its great if you can use it as pressure and extra damage but in the long run it just puts your mana equal to the other healer's

Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    Problem is mana burn tends to burn your mana just as bad as it does theirs, sure its great if you can use it as pressure and extra damage but in the long run it just puts your mana equal to the other healer's
    But on the other hand, Resilience will not reduce mana destroyed/drained either, so that's already an advantage.

Use it with PI.

Even with PI it drains your mana quite a lot compared to the amount its draining, the only way it really works is if you're draining while they're healing for extra pressure, in which case your team is just steam rolling them anyway

But how do you measure the power of fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    But how do you measure the power of fuck?
    volume of other classes Q_Q
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

Priests will be fine, they've always been bad at the start of new expansions!

Paladins ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I think you'll have more time to use all of your arsenal. i do belive damaging spells will be a big part of healing. seeing as shaman's lightning bolt will grant you 45% of it's damage as mana back =P
    That seems kind of overpowered to me unless every spell costs like 90% of damage you do with it o.O

Also, disc needs everything it can get defensively, if that "Defensiveness" is spamming smite onto a target and getting it to smart heal the lowest in your party so be it, but in the current state of things priests have issues not ooming and healing through MS (More so then shamans, lol 5k NS HW)

Even with PI it drains your mana quite a lot compared to the amount its draining, the only way it really works is if you're draining while they're healing for extra pressure, in which case your team is just steam rolling them anyway
    Which is why in arena, teams with a disc priest will probably have a hunter and or warlock to help drain.

This is one thing I'm worried about, is that arena matches will become mana wars again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellin View Post
    Which is why in arena, teams with a disc priest will probably have a hunter and or warlock to help drain.

This is one thing I'm worried about, is that arena matches will become mana wars again.
    How are they not mana wars atm? =P