Page 1 of 3
LastLast

When do YOU use Shadowflame?

As a nearly-useless skill in PvE, I thought I'd get maybe some humorous answers.

I use Shadowflame for:

+ In slow DPS heroics (or soloing): Seed+Tab+Seed+tab+Seed+SHADOWFLAME. (Explosions!~)

+ When all the mobs in a pack die, I run up and Shadowflame over their corpses and pretend I was trying to get a hit in.

+ Make new warlocks feel awesome about the spells they will later find out aren't as useful as they thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeKv
    Yes I take candle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sometimes try to position my camera perfectly so that the shadowflame is breathed directly into my screen.

Yes, I do that while idling in Dalaran.

... Yes, I wish I had 3D glasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Just when I thought I was done with class changes, they pull me back in!

I use shadowflame on cooldown for fun always while waiting for the boss encounter to start also to finish mobs that are left on very low hp

its a fun way to gank, run around the low lvl then fry its head off

PvP

also great that when some people think cleansing the immolate off to prevent conflag =)

I use it when idling or when im in heroics and I am bored of Seed of Corruption.

I used to use it in Arena with the glyph but I don't anymore.

"Shadowlame" :P

I use it in Dalaran from time to time. Otherwise I only use it when I'm too lazy to cast SoC in HCs. :P

To kill critters of course!

Kinda funny story,

The guild and myself are running back from a wipe on some arbitrary heroic ICC boss, and one of the hunters of course is running with aspect of pact on to help speed it up.

I pass by a rat and shadowflame as we move towards the boss, and by the grace of lag (and possible the horrible spell itself) the rat manages to hit me as i kill it, and i get dazed.

I just laughed and vented to the guild how worthless the spell is.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&cn=Smokelock

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyphed in PvP actually has some uses.
    PvE... yeah, just for the pretty colors.

wtf? am I the only one finding a use for this at PvP?? I mean.. c'mon! glyphed its -70% movement speed AoE instant cast spell? hell yeah!! I love when a warrior charges at me and i just hit shadowflame and the warrior goes all slooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww and i get time to escape from him and hit conf. too :P

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never use it. (Rarely pvp.. and I dont tend to respec when I pvp... just brute force with 15k+ crits)

Thanks Sokogeka<3

People use shadowflame? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jaesaces View Post
    As a nearly-useless skill in PvE, I thought I'd get maybe some humorous answers.

I use Shadowflame for:

+ In slow DPS heroics (or soloing): Seed+Tab+Seed+tab+Seed+SHADOWFLAME. (Explosions!~)

+ When all the mobs in a pack die, I run up and Shadowflame over their corpses and pretend I was trying to get a hit in.

+ Make new warlocks feel awesome about the spells they will later find out aren't as useful as they thought.
    Ya, except even in the first example, after three seeds the SoC's will explode from the first seed going off.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunt View Post
    People use shadowflame? lol
    lol go try pvp

When a melee is on me i use SFlame, Conflag - Teleport (as destro ofc)
    Afflic: when you are pushing a dps/healer and dont want to drain for some reason

In PVE only on trash,Seed Seed Seed Demonform, Charge, Immolation Aura, Cleave, Shadowflame,aaaaaaaaaand teleport out
    Generally useless on bosses Xcept for Worms on Lootwalker

All spells have their uses if used in time, some are less usefull, but all can be viable, stop making stupid threads about a certain spell

Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    lol go try pvp

When a melee is on me i use SFlame, Conflag - Teleport (as destro ofc)
    Afflic: when you are pushing a dps/healer and dont want to drain for some reason

In PVE only on trash,Seed Seed Seed Demonform, Charge, Immolation Aura, Cleave, Shadowflame,aaaaaaaaaand teleport out
    Generally useless on bosses Xcept for Worms on Lootwalker

All spells have their uses if used in time, some are less usefull, but all can be viable, stop making stupid threads about a certain spell
    Ewww, don't waste conflag using it off shadowflame

Its not even on my hotbar. It doesn't deserve a keybind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zamtard View Post
    wtf? am I the only one finding a use for this at PvP?? I mean.. c'mon! glyphed
    Oh HAI TER, have you met my friend Cone of Cold lately?

Deleted
    Uhm, I use it when I'm mc'ed @ Lady Deathwhisper, that's about it... xD

i use it when i see hordes of naked gnomes..
    makes me want to puke pink fel magic all over them..

Actually, i use it when bombing large, and i mean LARGE packs of trash like in ICC, it's not THAT bad if you have like...30 shadow flame dots ticking through (sindragosa trash whelps) with an instant spell and it's nice if you combine it with immolation aura and seed of curruption, or in magister's terrace on those little mana eels in the hallway to the second boss. 3 Seeds, then shadowflame and they go boooooom.
    I also use it when doing rotface, when the whole raid stands behind him, and he starts casting slime spray in our direction i cast shadowflame and corruption while running through him.