Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by invader View Post
    yup im well aware of what it is and what it does
    And yet here you are. Still writing walls of text with no useful information. All the while denying how amazing haste is. Haste is amazing for instant casters. Its probably bettter for you than someone who uses poh and gh etc. But have fun being "super"
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 12:29 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    To the first part, you've succeeded. You've emphasized a stat whose primary benefit is one which you have no use for whatsoever, instead of a number of other stats that would contribute more directly to your healing effectiveness. It's your character to play as you like, diversity is great, but encouraging others to follow your gearing strategy isn't in their best interests if they want to be of as much benefit as possible to their raid, especially when you're self-admittely pursuing Int just to see how high you can get it despite having expressed no need for the mana it provides. There's a reason there are "BIS" lists and "cookie-cutter" specs that are mostly agreed upon for different classes when a primary healing (or for that matter, dps) role is defined, and that's because they simply are better built vehicles for healing.

If you have 4 set for holy, use it for disc as well. If you're generally bubble spamming (as you indicated you were) you won't pick up enough SP to match the 5% bonus to your PWS from the set. Just because you don't want to be like everyone else doesn't mean you have to intentionally select gear to ensure your performance is lower, even if the other healers are able to shoulder the unnecessary burden. On a side note, bauble is pretty much horrible for PVE, so hoping you can pick up just about any other trinket. Even the old Spark of Hope is light years ahead of it. Again, just change the ESD meta to the IED meta for a massive difference in your regen and leave it there forever for holy, or till you have replaced every other socket with a runed SP gem for disc.

You're right in that this thread isn't about you, but it is about the argument for and against recommendations made, so that the OP and others interested in improving their gameplay can benefit. In your last statement you made a recommendation which exposed lack of awareness of a core element of the game's mechanices (haste affecting GCD, thereby increasing frequency of casting instant cast spells). It had to be corrected for the benefit of the less-experienced who might read it and weight it in as fact in making their own decisions. When you choose to post an opinion, you effectively put yourself forward as an authority to one degree or another on the topic, and as such open yourself to consideration. You need to be prepared to present reasoned, evidenced support initially, and in followup to counter-arguments and scrutiny.

look im well aware that haste is a great stat, i love haste, my mage loves haste, my priest loves haste, we all hail the haste/spellpower/crit too etc .. but this ridicilous buff now in ICC makes it so that the 4 set bonus (although great i agree) isnt as effective as it was without the now 25% buff, so i can afford to mess about with my gear/specs/gems etc when im bored, (i seem to pick up gear noone else wants so i use it for fun YES FUN..... to see how it works. these forums are for people to share how they play etc or so i thought,,,,, i havent said for anyone to copy exactly what i do, or take what i say as gospel im just sharing some of my experiences, meaning i just mentioned what i do from time to time.. its only a game folks,, its there for you to mess about to your hearts desire, to potch is to learn i say,, i bet this time next week ill be totally gemmed or specced another way when im bored, i get bored a lot lately,, so yes folks its only advice thats given here not ORDERS, weigh up all advice on offer and dont be afraid to do some trial and error, were not all elite jerks i play for FUN FUN FUN
    what would you say if i told you i raid in frost on my mage now n again when bored lol
    Last edited by invader; 2010-07-03 at 11:49 PM.