Deleted

Question Cataclysm : 31/0/45 for shadow possible ?

dunno but 31/0/45 seems good to me , trading some dmg for PI , i even calculated mastery loss it turns out you are losing 1 % dmg 1%crit and some % to gain shadow orb and dispersion but you get pi cheaper instants more mana , reflective , barrier and some fillers... the dps loss shouldnt be that great . we need new spreadsheets : \ hit from spirit is ridiculous and i dunno how much dmg you lose from twisted faith tho you retain a % from glyph of mind flay... smn test this plox :P
    spec:
    http://www.wowtal.com/#k=QsfkFcVQ_4aJM7.9gq.priest

yeah i know ... dont start on me i was trying to get the missing "POP ALL YOUR CDS NAO" cooldown we never had ... cause shadowfiend is gay cd for dps :P

+ some glyphs are going to change so we gotta w8

Giving up on Spell pushback, when you know you're going to be taking damage?
    You may be having cheaper instants, but you're losing your mana return from Dispersion, and your Spirit -> Hit conversion.

Glyph of Mind Flay and Twisted Faith stack, so you're still losing that. Your desire for an additional cooldown isn't really necessary, now that you have a burst damage spell without a cooldown (Mind Freeze), and Shadowfiend on 3 minutes is a cooldown.

Power Infusion is something you bribe your Discipline Priests for, not something worth getting yourself, not at that cost.

Now if it switched places with Barrier, that's another story!

Deleted
    the main idea behind dishin anti push back was imp pw:s and reflective which you probably keep up all the time

Quote Originally Posted by voodoohoodoo View Post
    the main idea behind dishin anti push back was imp pw:s and reflective which you probably keep up all the time
    But then you're wasting a global cooldown to do zero damage, in the hopes of keeping up your regular damage (assuming your shield doesn't break) and maybe? a free bonus?

I really just can't justify that big of a trade for a gimmick that just promises to let you down:
    Either the shield will break early, and you'll do the damage right away but have pushback to contend with, or you'll use a GCD doing less damage than you could have with a Mind Flay.

Mind Freeze spam seems to qualify for a "cooldown/burn" phase, and it's looking to do so quite nicely.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-07-01 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    :/ true , i assumed that new martyrdom would make up for that(partially) , but i guess bribing teh discs sounds better :P afterall the fights which you get many interrupts arent too many but who knows ... anyway i think it would make a decent 5man spec with good itemization or not ?
    Last edited by mmoc419b146f30; 2010-07-01 at 07:28 PM.

(Discipline's) Power Infusion + Shadowfiend + Mind Freeze spam = droolfest? I'm scared to see how that's going to turn out.

Edit: You're using the shield to protect from pushback, not interrupts. So Martyrdom wouldn't be much help here, at all.

With good itemization, it might be fun for 5-mans, but you'd have to drop it the second you stepped out of your heroics for a "real" Shadow Spec.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2010-07-01 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    (Discipline's) Power Infusion + Shadowfiend + Mind Freeze spam = droolfest? I'm scared to see how that's going to turn out.

yeah i was havin a wet dream about that and thus this thread was inevitable
    Last edited by mmoc419b146f30; 2010-07-01 at 07:31 PM.

so you wanna give up 10 percent damage on mind flay and blast as well as dispersion and a bunch of utility for a better shield and pi? You also lose some mastery damage prob about a 5 percent or so dps loss and the ability to basically have one set of gear for healing and shadow. Also dispersion is amazing for avoiding many fight mechanics and you are actually becoming less mana efficient and wasting globals to achieve the same thing. You would probably be better off making a smite spec.

As was already discussed in this thread. Point's been made, but it was left open if there were other variations or things to be added. You've done neither. Back off.

Might just be WoWTal, but the link isn't working. It loads the page, but the area where the talent trees should be is blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".