Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Did you TRY The serp sting spec with CHIMERA? It should do 30% on Refresh!...... CHimera has a 2nd dmg phase to it. when serp sting is appd with that tallent its 30% dmg. and if its not doing that its prob bugged -.- or they need to change the tooltip

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    Did you TRY The serp sting spec with CHIMERA? It should do 30% on Refresh!...... CHimera has a 2nd dmg phase to it. when serp sting is appd with that tallent its 30% dmg. and if its not doing that its prob bugged -.- or they need to change the tooltip

yeah that talent for 30% damage is basically the replacement for chimera shots 'extra damage proc after its fired" per say... (and it dosen't crit, i spam serpent sting on multiple mobs/enemy players)

chimera only use now is a "refresh venom/stings" only now, no"'additional damage proc"

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/53209/

It may be intentional removal of the "proc of damage"... (or they jsut forgot to addit to the new tooltip AND removed its damage proc when serpent sting is up.. but I doubt it....)

Well refreshing the timer isn't the same as re-applying the sting, would've been nice if it worked, but all in all that might be too much of a damage increase for chimera for 2 talent points.
    it might not work for the reason that blizzard don't want to force you down a talent tree (or so they keep saying..) if you'd go MM for pve.. you'd sorta need to get that improved serpent sting in SV aswel if they worked in combination with eachother.
    So personally I don't htink it'll start working together.. unless they put it somewhere along the way in the Marksman tree, but really it'd fit better with the Survival tree considering it's mastery bonus gives added damage to elemental damage.

maybe! atm explosive shot seems really.. pathetic compared to kill command and aimed shot

Surv hunter seems more like a .. warlock now haha

as for hunter PVE I made a video demonstrating it here VS Lv83 and Lv85 mobs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkn6_Mpt-Y
    left the combat log on so you can see just how much serpent sting does + chimera shot (although my crit is pretty much nonexistant from 55% on live wotlk server so...)

ps

firing serpent sting a 2nd time on a mob you get in your combat log
    "Serpent sting was refreshed" no "30% damage proc"
    Same message for shooting chimera shot at a mob (no 30% damage either from "Serpent sting was refreshed")
    Maybe disapointing? anyway with the deaths choice + ap or agi proc from trinkets, serpent sting ticks for 3000's and crits for 4500's (for 21 seconds) as MM...

Hmm I thought Chimera shot had a 6 second cooldown, or so it says on wowtal, guess they either changed that back or didn't implement it yet.

I'm liking the damage on the serpent sting ticks and the regeneration you get from rapid fire. Also it seems like getting that aimed shot off, in a pvp situation at least, is going to be the way to go since it hits like a truck.

I'm kind of curious now, I saw you have a bit of haste there, how does haste work for hunters now, does it lower our global cooldown? does it make our focus regenerate faster?

Also on the SV comment, more like a warlock now.. as in a dot spec? since you're not exactly getting that much more survivability from SV in my opinion at least, so you can't exactly wait the dots out, so not sure how that'll play out.

And one final question.. if you compare damage of each spec, those being BM, MM and SV (wether it's pvp or pve I don't really care) would you say a certain spec is just dealing way too much damage while another deals too little damage or would you say MM is fine, SV is too weak if you compare it to other classes you've seen perhaps and to the specs themselves..

Thanks for the video =)

In the vid You didn't have the 30% dmg talent? Thought u said you did... Lol.... Im told when you do chimera with that talent it dose instant 30% like the talent states.... Thanks for the Vid tho interesting what they did with stats on gear and such ... I thought haste was going to increase your focus gen? guess they didn't add that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    In the vid You didn't have the 30% dmg talent? Thought u said you did... Lol.... Im told when you do chimera with that talent it dose instant 30% like the talent states.... Thanks for the Vid tho interesting what they did with stats on gear and such ... I thought haste was going to increase your focus gen? guess they didn't add that yet.
    I have another video I'll post later that I do have the talent.
    Focus regen is slowed during combat a bit, I really can't tell if haste does anything for focus regen ;/
    Global cooldown was reduced to 1sec for hunters in cata

SV I mentioned is like a dot class because, black arrow and sting are its "Major damage" abilities, black arrow ticks for several thousands and serpent sting, explosive shot ticks about same as serpent sting crit damage.

I am unable to test BM due to a bug that has permanently disabled my pet. it cannot be res'ed/summoned/stabled/tame and get another/replaced. Will have to wait for patch to hopefully fix it. Considering BM's buffs to the pet and damage it does with kill command.. in pvp you could just spam "kill command" and rape people, without every touching someone with any other attack (6sec cooldown) crits like 8K on MM. My Lv 52 BM in greens as BM crits for 4.5K

Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva View Post
    I have another video I'll post later that I do have the talent.
    Focus regen is slowed during combat a bit, I really can't tell if haste does anything for focus regen ;/
    Global cooldown was reduced to 1sec for hunters in cata

SV I mentioned is like a dot class because, black arrow and sting are its "Major damage" abilities, black arrow ticks for several thousands and serpent sting, explosive shot ticks about same as serpent sting crit damage.

I am unable to test BM due to a bug that has permanently disabled my pet. it cannot be res'ed/summoned/stabled/tame and get another/replaced. Will have to wait for patch to hopefully fix it. Considering BM's buffs to the pet and damage it does with kill command.. in pvp you could just spam "kill command" and rape people, without every touching someone with any other attack (6sec cooldown) crits like 8K on MM. My Lv 52 BM in greens as BM crits for 4.5K
    ^ Holy shit.... I had ideas Bm would be like a new pvp spec but this confirms everything! lol a lot of dmg from BM seems to revolve around kill command. Also Cant wait to see how fast BM attacks because cobra shot is a 1.5 sec cast yea and GCD is 1 sec instead of 1.5 so serp swiftness for 20% haste... cheya and then when u do that one thing to take ur pets frenzy buff u get like 30%!?!! for 15 secs.... OMG>>!!>.

Bm hunters in pvp had the prob where the phys dmg really wasnt hitting hard anymore and with Rhumba and cobra shot it should be amazing sauce...

Thanks for all the posts and vids you have been throwing up btw =D I hvnt found any other hunters doing it

!Off Topic!

What's the name of the song in that video?

Audiomachine - Waves of Fire

To me it looks like a mix of ab and wsg but thats not a negative thing
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Can't wait to see this BG in action when everyone is organized and in pvp gear.

Seeing how that Shadow Priset reacted to your assault nearly had me screaming at the screen. lol.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow