Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Shadow's Daughter (Private SRP)

Morzath and his new apprentice, Xana, teleported onto an island in the middle of a lake. The water was murky, and in the distance, one could see dead grass and dying pine trees. The island itself was devoid of life, though once it was a small villa. The island was essentially a hill. At the top of the hill, lay an eroded mansion, where one of the richest families in the Eastern Kingdoms lived. This was Caer Darrow, home to the late Barov family, and the location of the Scourge's necromancer school.

Scholomance waited for the pair.

Deleted
    Slowly stepping forward, Xana was caught by a looming fear again. It resided deep inside her heart, as darkness was a size she had never meddeled with. Xana's senses were screaming for her to run away. Death was hanging thick in the air, in the ground, even in the walls of the mansion above.
    Urging her to run away, Xana's body trembled for a second, yet she had no clue where she was, so running away would be a certain mistake.

"What is this place? Where are we going?" Xana turned her head, to look at the cloaked stranger. Even he was having a scent of death about him in this place..

Seeming unnafected by the evil of the place, Morzath said "This is Caer Darrow. It was once home to a wealthy human family, but when a necromancer named Kel'Thuzad came, he made this villa into a ghost town, and the mansion's underground network of twisting corridors and rooms into a school for necromancy for his cult of the damned. It is now called the Scholomance, and is a perfect place for you to learn."

Seeing that Xana was still afraid, Morzath put a calming hand on her head, and said "Do not worry. The place was cleared of the cult of the damned and their minions a long time ago, before the first assualt on the necropolis Naxxramas. Nothing will hurt you, as long as I am here. Now come along."

Leading the pair up the hill, and to the mansion, which despite it being slightly run down, still held some grace. To try and aleviate her fear a little more, Morzath pointed to the rooftop. "Do you see the rooftop, and how it's open? Every evening, if you so desire, you may climb up there, and watch the moons, as I saw you doing when I first saw you."

((EDIT: trying that new color for talking system :P))

Deleted
    Xana looked at Morzath.. "Oh, I don't know if you know.. My name, is Xanatir. You can just call me Xana, master." Slowly she turned her attention towards the mansion again.
    So Scholomance it was. The place to be her home from now on. Xana wondered what the other Draenei's were doing, if they'd even bother that she hadn't returned and probably never would again.
    "The Moon is what glows in the darkness. Just like I will" She said with a confident smile.
    Then, something hit her of what he had said. School of necromancery.
    "You intend to teach me Necromancery?" She asked, as she followed by his side. The only thing she really knew about Necromancery, was the tales she was told about the walking dead. Frightening powers..

They stopped at the door which lead to the subterranean chambers. "Necromancy, shadow and fel magics, fire magics, and some arcane magic. Each one is powerful in its own right. Learning but one would be bad, for then your enemies can counter your spells."

"Now, let us descend."
    . With that, he unlocked the door, and they walked down the stairs, into the Scholomance proper. When the stairs ended, they were on a balcony of sorts, which led across a room, to the main hall. Guarding the enterance to the main hall was a pair of skeletons, clad in black plate mail. With a gesture, the skeletons stood at attention, and bowed, unlocking the door for them. The pair walked through, and into the main hall.

Deleted
    It was all very new for Xana, and extremely interesting. With eyes wide opened, she kept turning her head trying to take in everything at once. This left the girl with a minor headache, from all the new scents, views and not least, feelings. As they neared the skeletons, Xana was caught by fascination. "Woow.." She muttered astonished as they bowed for her master. Looking from the skeletons to Morzath, Xana smiled. "..Somehow now, I want to learn more. You've made me curious" Shrugging, Xana followed as they entered the main hall, readying herself to behold the new world..

The main hall was essentially a library. Bookshelves covered every wall, each filled to the brim with arcane texts. There were several tables scattered around the room. The center of the hall was fairly open, with many rugs on it.

"This is the main hall. We will be using it as a library of sorts. There are several more areas that we will be using."

Going over to a door, he opened it with a creak. "Come along, Xana."

Now giving her a tour, Morzath showed her all the halls of Scholomance, from the alchemical study (which used to be the quarters of a lich known as Ras Frostwhisper), to the tourture chamber, where eviscorated humans were hung on hooks from the ceiling, to the Headmaster's Study, now a foyer to the many rooms which were to be used as bedrooms. They did not venture into the crypts, for when Morzath came back to the Scholomance, after it was emptied, he sealed them off. They were unimportant for his new lair.

Deleted
    Xana followed, watching and taking everything in. It was a lot of dread, horror and gloom, but being young as she was, Xana accepted this as her new world. A part of where she would live, and train. What her masters goal for the young student was, she couldn't properly tell, yet she was sure she'd find out eventually.
    "Do you expect me to read a lot?" She asked wearily. It would take forever for her to read just half of theese books, especially considered the different languages, accents and districts in wich the books were written. Though, unlike humans, Xana would have a very long time to study, if she had to.

Morzath nodded. "Reading will be involved, yes. However, you won't have to read all of the tomes here."

They were now at the enterance to the foyer which lead to the bedrooms. "You will have to pick your own room. However, the room one floor below, and straight ahead is mine. As well, as you may have guessed, the books I mentioned previously are written in more than one language. So you can read, and speak many languages, without the use of that ring you're wearing, you will have a tutor."

Snapping his bony fingers, a perfectly preserved zombie wearing a somewhat torn, dusty tuxedo walked into the room. Bowing, he said in an even tone "You called, Master?"

"Yes." Patting Xana on the head, Morzath said, "This is Xana, my new apprentice. See to it that she learns Common, Gutterspeak, Thalassian, Darnassian, and Kalimag." Turning to Xana, he said "This is my chief servant, Halus. He will be your tutor"

((EDIT: I'll be back in an hour-30 or so.. gotta go grocery shoppin :P))

Deleted
    "That's a relief, I don't think I'd ever finish"
    Pick your own room. Xana would have to spend a while looking every single room through, finding the one that matched her needs and personality the best.
    "Any areas wich are off limits?"
    She was quickly interrupted though, as a zombie walked in. As Xana was pat on top of her head, she closed her eyes and seemed to enjoy it. There was actually someone.. who cared about her.
    Xana bowed her head in a gesture of respect towards Halus, as he was introduced. "Halus, since you're the chief servant, maybe you can help me find the best room?"
    Xana smiled with a girlish glow in her eyes.

((haha there was actually a little hiccup in the plan so I'm about to leave right now :P))

To answer Xana's first question, Morzath replied, "None are off limits, aside from my own room. There is still five rooms to pick from, however. I am confident at least one will be to your liking."

Smiling, Halus answered her second question. "But of course, little Mistress. Which would you like to see first?"

Deleted
    "You decide, I'll follow and give my verdict on the rooms." Xana smiled to Halus, making gesture for him to lead the way. "When will I see you again, master?" She had turned to Morzath, throwing off the question just before following Halus towards the first room.

"It is late. Once you decide on your room, go to sleep. You will see me in the morning, for the begining of your training."

With that, Morzath left the pair, walking into his room, the doors magically shutting behind him.

"Alright, little Mistress.. Come along."

Halus then showed Xana each room. One had braizers which glowed with a purple flame, and an earthen floor. Another had the same braizers, with a stone floor and purple rugs. Another had a flooded floor with tables that had many candles on them, and a part of it elevated to be dry, with braizers that burned with a normal flame. Yet another, the last room, had green rugs, green banners, and braizers with green flames.

After showing her the rooms, Halus asked, "Well, that is all of the rooms. Which would you like, ma'am?"

Deleted
    "I'll be sleeping in the room where the floor is flooded. I suppose its because that room is the most interesting. Thank you for showing me around Halus, its appreciated. I wonder, would it be possible to get me some proper clothes? Ever since my parents died, I've been walking around in theese rags"
    Xana slowly walked towards the room she had picked for herself, hoping she'd be able to get some proper clothing. Maybe something fitting for living in a mansion like this?

"I'm sure something could be arranged, ma'am. They should be on your dresser by the morning. If you need anything, just ring the bell next to your bed, and I will come as quickly as I am able. Good night."

Halus then departed

((would this be nice, for a dress, you think?))

Deleted
    (( Purrrfect! ))
    "Thanks, thats very kind of you" She noted
    Xana sat down on her bed. It was strange, nearly like an alien abduction that you accept yourself. A while later, she took off the most warming clothes and tried to fall asleep. Pretending that today had all just been a dream, she was capable of pushing the strangeness far enough away, for her to fall fast asleep..

The next morning, Halus rapped the door, creating a sharp, clacking noise, and said "It is morning, ma'am. The Master is waiting for you in the main hall. Your dress is on your dresser, as promised."

Halius did not depart, in case Xana required assistance in locating the main hall again.

Deleted
    Xana woke up, and went to her dresser. It was classy, beautiful and elegant. It was as if the dress somehow gave her appeal, made her look older than she actually was. "I'll be right there Halius" Dressing up as fast as she could, she opened the door to walk outside into the corridor. "The main hall is.. this way?"
    To her, most of the corridors looked the same. You'd have to memorise wich way was the right one, rather than looking for points as of wich way to go. This place was practically a little maze.

Halus nodded. "Do you need assistance, ma'am, or are you able to go to the main hall?"

Deleted
    "I'd like to try finding my way, but I wouldn't mind you hanging around in case I get lost" Walking towards the main hall, Xana did seem to find her way quite smoothly.. Opening the door to the mainhall, she entered the huge library with steps that echoed.
    "Master, you present?"