Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What's the verdict on Balance Druids?

Anyone out there experienced with the balance spec get a chance to try out the new talents yet? I gotta say, out of my 7 80's balance looks to be the most OMFGWTFTHISISAWESOME as far as the changes go, though i realize some/most classes aren't done yet...

is the knockdown/silence as awesome as I'm thinking it is? also looking forward to exploding mushrooms :x
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Balance seems the most exciting, in my opinion, because it was the crappiest before. Eclipse was implemented in a really awful way, and them adding a real balance element to the spec will, by itself, make it feel way better to be a moonkin.

Starfall needs to be nerfed. Came across a multiboxer in AV couple weeks ago, 5 balance druids ran into a group of 8-10 ally, we were backcapping towers and we were all in PVP gear, some had more resil than others I grant you. The multiboxer hit Starfall on all his druids at the same time, he wtfpwned us.

It wasn't even close, is the thing, its not like it was a little OP, we were all dead in 5 seconds. And all he did was Starfall. I was on my hunter with 1000+ resil.

5 mages with living bomb can do the same thing, 5 shaman with CL/LVB can too... lets not jump to conclusions on the "OPness" of a spec just because of stupid crap like multiboxers ...

also, i think they nerfed starfall already- it no longer does aoe damage around the targets it hits (no more aoe in our aoe.. lol) just hits the target.
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    Starfall needs to be nerfed. Came across a multiboxer in AV couple weeks ago, 5 balance druids ran into a group of 8-10 ally, we were backcapping towers and we were all in PVP gear, some had more resil than others I grant you. The multiboxer hit Starfall on all his druids at the same time, he wtfpwned us.

It wasn't even close, is the thing, its not like it was a little OP, we were all dead in 5 seconds. And all he did was Starfall. I was on my hunter with 1000+ resil.
    Any class with burst can do this. Boomkins starfall burst is currently the only thing going for them on live. In beta I have not seen anything yet.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Boomkins are getting a lot of utility, enough to make us really solid (Perhaps even great) in PvP. Unfortunately, as things are currently (I know things will change), Frost mages just get a crazy amount of abilities. Mage armor knock back, no cooldown Cone of the Cold at 35% health (and frost nova too!) and most ridiculously of all is improved polymorph. So while boomkins are getting a ton better, they're still out-classed.

ack. wrath being a 2 second cast instead of 1.5 is going to suck. especially if they nerf nature's grace with it... making it scale off our current haste value? so we'll need to stack crit to proc it, and stack haste to make it useful!? what kind of crappy design is that?

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    ack. wrath being a 2 second cast instead of 1.5 is going to suck. especially if they nerf nature's grace with it... making it scale off our current haste value? so we'll need to stack crit to proc it, and stack haste to make it useful!? what kind of crappy design is that?
    You have no clue about moonkins.

Let me explain it for you:

A 1.5 seconds wrath, fueled with Nature's Grace(20%), Wrath of air(5%), and your own Moonkin aura(3%) and just a measily 401 haste rating already GCD caps your Wrath! (401 is very, very easy to achieve)

Now crank it up with half a second and you get: better scaling and more power from haste
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Thumbs down

Hmm if only there were a way for BALANCE druids to acheive some sort of benefit from these two different stats at the same time. Maybe some sort of BALANCE between them... I dunno though... sounds kinda out there to me for some class to benefit from two stats at the same time...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris37879 View Post
    Hmm if only there were a way for BALANCE druids to acheive some sort of benefit from these two different stats at the same time. Maybe some sort of BALANCE between them... I dunno though... sounds kinda out there to me for some class to benefit from two stats at the same time...
    wow aren't you clever? the problem with a talent that scales with crit scaling off haste even more so than it does already is that *gasp* there's scaling issues at high level of gear because it will scale exponentially. If they take this into account and "balance" it for high level gear, then it wont be "balanced" at low levels and will just suck.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that this is a pvp thread... at least CURRENTLY for pvp, there's no way to get enough haste to cap wrath with NG up while still maintaining a required level of crit for boomkin to function unless you're in full wrathful and have access to wtfamazing pve trinkets/offpieces/weapons or something.

I'm fully aware in pve that wrath has a very low soft haste cap, and that sucks, but it's a pretty big nerf to pvp to just increase wrath cast time when it was beneficial that in pvp NG made up for us needing to stack crit, when they already said it'll be much harder to reach the haste/crit caps in cata in the first place.

now they're increasing wrath cast time, redesigning NG, all with the new rating updates that make it harder to get haste/crit in the first place? just seems like complete overkill to me.
    Last edited by fizikz; 2010-07-03 at 04:00 PM.

Most of Balance's defensive abilities were tied into Moonkin form. In the beta builds I'm seeing, a lot of that was removed.

I don't play a critchicken, but I tear them up frequently enough. Moonkin need something more impressive than Barkskin and Typhoon to stay alive. Offensive interdiction + CC isn't going to be enough by itself.

Despite Solar Beaming awesomeness and MOAR BURST Starsurge I think Balance PVP isn't done yet.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direpanda View Post
    Most of Balance's defensive abilities were tied into Moonkin form. In the beta builds I'm seeing, a lot of that was removed.

I don't play a critchicken, but I tear them up frequently enough. Moonkin need something more impressive than Barkskin and Typhoon to stay alive. Offensive interdiction + CC isn't going to be enough by itself.

Despite Solar Beaming awesomeness and MOAR BURST Starsurge I think Balance PVP isn't done yet.
    most moonkins are bad and don't know they have healing buttons... it's really sad. :\

most moonkins are bad and don't know they have healing buttons... it's really sad. :\
    heals != def cd just for info...

5 mages with living bomb can do the same thing, 5 shaman with CL/LVB can too...
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Any class with burst can do this. Boomkins starfall burst is currently the only thing going for them on live.
    lolno.

no other class can take out 10 players at once using 1 BUTTON. bladestorm isnt even close. killing spree, no. 5 shamans could prob 1 shot ppl with chain lighting and will 1 shot anyone with lava burst. but thats just 1 target at a time. retarded abilities like starfall needs to be removed. as a affli lock i could only dream of doing the same. why does things have to be so unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by wrathofdoom View Post
    lolno.

no other class can take out 10 players at once using 1 BUTTON. bladestorm isnt even close. killing spree, no. 5 shamans could prob 1 shot ppl with chain lighting and will 1 shot anyone with lava burst. but thats just 1 target at a time. retarded abilities like starfall needs to be removed. as a affli lock i could only dream of doing the same. why does things have to be so unfair?
    any class can take out 10 retards at once using 1 BUTTON.

lolno.

no other class can take out 10 players at once using 1 BUTTON.
    No, you've got that wrong. You're saying that when 5 people use an AoE skill together that has a large range, 10 people die. Your rationale is that we should balance classes around extreme situations like multiboxing in a BG (or are the top 100 5v5 teams 5 balance druids because this is clearly SO OP?)

Enough starfall multiboxing QQ -.-

Does anyone out there actually have any real feedback on how balance is doing?

ps:
    heals != def cd just for info...
    I'm fully aware of that, but it's so sad to see a boomkin/rogue[or whatever] team in 2's or a boomkin in a bg with loaaads of gear not even heal ONCE. They're completely failing at being a hybrid, trying to be a mage when to play your class to its fullest (at least in a 2v2/bg setting, 3's its dangerous and very situational to heal) when you're not shifting out to heal at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    any class can take out 10 retards at once using 1 BUTTON.
    like what? also starfall does crazy dmg even when only used on 1 target, but it hits everyone within its range, thats what makes it retarded. its not like you could multibox mages and spam aracne explosion and get the same results

A multiboxer fire mage can be far more destructive for a much longer time. I've seen a multiboxer mage go and wipe horde on balinda just by himself with mirror image and living bomb spam. your argument that balance is OP because multiboxing is OP is completely irrelevant.

ps: I'm fully aware of that, but it's so sad to see a boomkin/rogue[or whatever] team in 2's or a boomkin in a bg with loaaads of gear not even heal ONCE. They're completely failing at being a hybrid, trying to be a mage when to play your class to its fullest (at least in a 2v2/bg setting, 3's its dangerous and very situational to heal) when you're not shifting out to heal at all.
    You should ask those resto druids who spec into moonkin just for bg why they dont heal hint>"hate retard dmgdealers in bg". Or better you should try heal with balance spec in bg, im sure that u didnt try it... there is reason why moonkins dont heal any1 only self in bg (if they dont get personal healer).

like what? also starfall does crazy dmg even when only used on 1 target, but it hits everyone within its range, thats what makes it retarded. its not like you could multibox mages and spam aracne explosion and get the same results
    you put 10 stupid and undergeared players into row. they will stay there and do nothing just eating 1 kind of spell from that 1 player what is using 1 button.

Quote Originally Posted by Madus View Post
    You should ask those resto druids who spec into moonkin just for bg why they dont heal hint>"hate retard dmgdealers in bg". Or better you should try heal with balance spec in bg, im sure that u didnt try it... there is reason why moonkins dont heal any1 only self in bg (if they dont get personal healer).

you put 10 stupid and undergeared players into row. they will stay there and do nothing just eating 1 kind of spell from that 1 player what is using 1 button.
    Are you blind? did you even READ MY POST? No, even if you did, you obviously have zero reading comprehension skills.

I play balance. I use healing spells as balance. Balance is absolute garbage other than for 10 seconds every minute if you don't at least do SOME healing - the ONLY EXCEPTION is if you're sitting there with a healbot. you are not a mage. you are not a warlock. you are a hybrid, and if you try to be a mage or warlock, dealing damage while completely neglecting your healing abilities, you are SEVERELY GIMPING YOURSELF.

Please stop derailing my thread with your terrible grammar, arguments, and assumptions.