Enhancement DPS help

I'm new to Enhancement and I wanted to make sure I understood this correctly. Basically all I do is make sure I have weapon buffs and lightning shield on and use fire elemental/wolves/shamanistic rage every time it's off cooldown. When these things and my totems are up I then:

Storm Strike
    Flame Shock (and only refresh when the DoT is about to wear off)
    Earth Shock (when the Flame Shock DoT is still on target)
    Lava Lash
    Fire Nova

While doing this I use Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning whenever Malestrom Weapon has 5 stacks. Is this the right way to DPS as Enhancement?

Also, should I do something different when fighting trash in dungeons? Things die very quickly (often before I can get 5 MW) and I start to run out of mana due to putting down totems every 10 seconds to keep them in range.

Thanks for any help!

For dungeon trash i dont even bother with totems for the most part. if theres alot, i might drop magma and spam fire nova... all the while auto following the tank.

More than one target, CL is superior. Single target, LB is the way to go.

Be careful with FS, clipping more than 1 tick is a DPS loss, better for it to fall off than waste DPS.

Maelstrom Weapon x 5 stacks - Lightning Bolt
    Flame Shock
    Stormstrike if debuff not active
    Lightning Shield if not active
    Fire Elemental
    Magma Totem if not active
    Spirit Wolves
    Shamanistic Rage <~~~ Only with t10 set bonus.
    Earthshock
    Stormstrike
    Lava Lash
    Fire Nova
    Magma Totem
    Lightning Shield

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldanis View Post
    I'm new to Enhancement and I wanted to make sure I understood this correctly. Basically all I do is make sure I have weapon buffs and lightning shield on and use fire elemental/wolves/shamanistic rage every time it's off cooldown. When these things and my totems are up I then:

Storm Strike
    Flame Shock (and only refresh when the DoT is about to wear off)
    Earth Shock (when the Flame Shock DoT is still on target)
    Lava Lash
    Fire Nova

While doing this I use Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning whenever Malestrom Weapon has 5 stacks. Is this the right way to DPS as Enhancement?

Also, should I do something different when fighting trash in dungeons? Things die very quickly (often before I can get 5 MW) and I start to run out of mana due to putting down totems every 10 seconds to keep them in range.

Thanks for any help!
    As the poster above me pointed out, SS only goes before shocks if your target isn't SS debuffed. Beyond that he's just blindly copied the BiS sheet which I doubt is accurate for all gear levels. I've never had serious issues with mana from keeping totems down in heroics. Drop mana spring, use SR before the pull, pull totems back up afterword and you should be okay for the most part, unless you're wearing a lot of leather or something. Obviously if you get unlucky with SR you might need to skip totems on a couple packs.

What you originally said is correct. Always use your totems in 5 mans, str, windfury, and magma/fire nova are going to be very important for your dps. Pop sham rage right before a pull, every time it's on cooldown.

Of course for me my rotation is a little different when your dealing with 3 way overgeared dps in a heroic. Flame shock while running to target + Drop totems + fire nova + SS + LL + ES. This is mainly because when things die so fast, and you aoe every pull, it's important to use your aoe skills before you're down to only 1 mob left.

If you haven't picked professions yet, do your self a favor and roll alchemy. I keep the endless mana potion on cooldown in heroics, it helps loads with going Oom - and still being able to drop totems for the next pull.