How many subscribers does WoW have?

I heard back in 08' it had 11.5 Million, but now that it's fallen to less than half that, how many subscribers does it have now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not 100% sure and I can't provide links but from what I've heard blizz still has around 11 Million. This number being from another player who had links as evidence.
    Signatures are overrated.

Most likely not much less than the 11.5 million they reported back in February I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    I heard back in 08' it had 11.5 Million, but now that it's fallen to less than half that, how many subscribers does it have now?
    Where did you see half of 11.5 million?

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
    Source? Or just your opinion? Because I think you pulled that out of your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Source? Or just your opinion? Because I think you pulled that out of your ass.
    Source for what ? That WoW had 11.5M subscribers back in 2008 or that it is half now ?

According to http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...rs-have-peaked and http://seekingalpha.com/article/1931...a-growth-story WoW still had 11.5m in February/March this year.

I guess numbers are a bit down during the summer time and the waiting for Cataclysm tho.
    Last edited by Amorac; 2010-07-04 at 09:17 AM.
    ~Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.~
    ~Every damn thing you do in this life, you have to pay for.~

The OP has no source.

The source is the common belief "Oh no moar China! WoW players must be cut in half!".

A lot of Chinese players keep playing on Taiwan/Korean servers avoiding China's restriction to WoW.

Wow, why do you guys have to be such assholes about a simple question?

Thanks for answering "lol".

its clear to me the subscriber number are way down in the US, im seeing less players in the game and i have been on 3 realms/3 diferent BG in the last 2 years. we have way more working ppl play wow on their jobs and players play from internet cafes than ever before. it wasnt like this when i started in 2008.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Chinese players keep playing on Taiwan/Korean servers avoiding China's restriction to WoW.
    This also being true helps keep a large number of WOW's Subscribers.
    Signatures are overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by hornybullie View Post
    its clear to me the subscriber number are way down in the US, im seeing less players in the game and i have been on 3 realms/3 diferent BG in the last 2 years. we have way more working ppl play wow on their jobs and players play from internet cafes than ever before. it wasnt like this when i started in 2008.
    Same thing happened when TBC and Wotlk were .coming

Deleted
    could be interresting to follow the numbers at the release of cataclysm