Thread: Monitors or TV

Monitors or TV

Im trying to figure out which im going to get the most out of i got a 22in flat panel monitor thats really nice and sleek and i also got a 32in flat screen i watch tv on sometimes and i also play wow on this tv sometimes to. Its quite obvivious that both monitors can produce HD quality video at 1080p or 1080i so basicaly i would like some opnions on how anyone fells about playing on a huge tv or a 22in monitor please let me know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a 32" and absolutely love it. Push 1920x1080 to it, works perfectly. Monitors might me a little more 'crisp' overall, but I hate gaming on anything smaller now.

Why do you ask though? What do you mean "get the most out of"? Go with whichever you like and roll with it!

Quote Originally Posted by coldtrix View Post
    Im trying to figure out which im going to get the most out of i got a 22in flat panel monitor thats really nice and sleek and i also got a 32in flat screen i watch tv on sometimes and i also play wow on this tv sometimes to. Its quite obvivious that both monitors can produce HD quality video at 1080p or 1080i so basicaly i would like some opnions on how anyone fells about playing on a huge tv or a 22in monitor please let me know.
    Are you sure the TV actually shows 1080p ie. is FullHD or just HD Ready? Most 32" TV's are just "HD Ready" and run at very low resolution, usually something like 1340x768 which will produce much crappier picture than the monitor.

If you have FullHD TV, there's no problem with hooking your PC on it and enjoy bigger screen. Only problem comes from text being too small to be readable if you're sitting on the couch at normal TV watching distance.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Recently bought a VIZIO 32" 1080p 120hz and it is true HD. HD ready was a scam and most TVs don't have that anymore.

What TV are you looking at getting?

Gaming wise I played WoW on 1980x1080 and it did look a little different coloring wise then my 22" HP monitor but I found more details on my TV if that makes any sense.

If you are a fair distance away from your monitor get the 32" TV you will love it but if you are in a office or very close get the monitor.

Monitors have are designed to run higher pixel count, refresh rates, and color depth.

If you want the best of both worlds get a 30" monitor.

Where I recommend a 2560x1600 monitor at that screen size, there are a few tv's that get heralded as amazing buys in the 32" area that have little to no input lag. The Vizios and Samsungs are known for horrid input lag due to them using VA panels.

You want an IPS based panel TV to use as a monitor. The current model Panasonic S1 1080p 60hz has been heralded as one of the best tv' to use as a monitor and can be had for under $500. Stay away from 120hz tv's to be used as a monitor, they cannot accept a true 120hz signal from your gpu. They accept a 60hz signal and do interpolation. Leave that job to true 120hz monitors.
    2x Intel Xeon 5680 12 Cores (2x6 Cores)@ 5.0ghz.* EVGA Classified SR-2 Motherboard.*Kingston Hyper-X 48gb(12x4gb) DDR3 1600.* 3x OCZ Colossus SSD 1.5gb (3x500gb) Raid 0.* 2x Enermax 1250W PSU. 4x EVGA GTX 480 Quad-SLI.* Samsung F3 1TB Storage Drive.* Custom Watercooled (EK 2xCPU/4xGPU Blocks, 2xMCP655 Pumps, 3xXSPC Dual Bay Reservoirs, 3x480 GTX Radiators, 24x Scythe GentleTyphoon AP15 Fans in Push/Pull).* 3x Dell 3008wfp 30" IPS Monitors.* ASUS Xonar D2X 7.1 PCIe