Bio - Mardon Frost-tomb Remade

Race: Undead

Class/Skillset: Frost Deathknight

Personality: Mostly distant, strongly pursues his revenge against Arthas after splitting of the Scourge. Patient until he lays eyes on Scourge troops. Does not grieve fallen comrades, instead he honors them by killing more foes in their name. He appears incapable of feeling love. Friendships do not come from caring for that person, but from respecting combat skills.

Fighting Style: Reckless and disregards his own safety in battle. Likes to freeze enemies in their tracks and shatter them with his large two-handed mace. When fighting with allies, will take the front lines, charging in to kill as many foes as he can. This does not always work out well.

Appearance: Normal human height, he bends over slightly, making him seem smaller than he is. Thin black hair barely covering ears. Has the distinctively blue eyes common among Death Knights. Holes in his flesh where his left kneecap and right lung should be. Very pale. Never replaced his Death Knight regalia.

(http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items...66:39322:39245 )
    Likes: Killing Scourge. Also he has developed ice sculpting as a weird pasttime, though he tries to keep this a secret, as if ashamed.

Dislikes: people who ask many questions, overly complex battle strategies.

History: Born in Goldshire as Mardon Duldom, second of three sons of a human luitenant in the human army. After his father left them to join the Alliance Expedition, Mardon, aged 6 at this time, was somehow worried that he wouldn't see him again. After hearing that his father would not return from the now shattered lands of Draenor, he swore to follow in his footsteps and join the ranks in the Army of Lordaeron.

He underwent rigorous training under the best, or worst depending on point of view, instructor in the army, Rellid ''The Mad'' Bolan. Though life was harsh, his memories of his father allowed him to push through it all, and as he did he grew better and better in his fighting skills. When he got his promotion to a luitennant, he recieved a large solid steel mace from his old teacher. This weapon has been part of him ever since, being carried by him even in undeath.

At the age of 24, when the Third War was raging, Mardon's mother and both brothers were slain in the battle that followed King Terenas' murder at the hands of his son. Devastated with grief when he heard the news, he charged into the undead horde toenact his vengeance upon then. Though taking out numerous of the smaller undead, he stood no chance when an Abomination noticed the fight. he was quickly struck down and raised into undeath.

During the events in Northrend, Mardon was one of the undead who regained their will and splintered of with Lady Sylvanas Windrunner. After fighting numerous battles for her to secure a place in the world for the Forsaken, he was deployed in Silverpine Forest to battle with the Human and Worgen presences there. However, this did not last long. Mardon felt that this was not where the Forsaken, or anyone else for that matter, should be putting their energy. The Scourge should be fought, not these beasts and definetly not over petty land. When he heard of the efforts the Argent Dawn made against the undead in the Plaguelands, it did not take him long to leave his station and wander in the direction of the Argent Dawn camp there.

After joining the Argent dawn, Mardon was assigned to Commander Thomas Helleran, and he took part in many raids on the Scourge active there. Earning respect among his fellow men, Mardon thought he had found his rightfull place. But fate had another thing in store. On a particularly rainy day, Helleran's squad was assigned to take out a Scourge Plague Cauldron at Gahrron's Withering. During the assignment, the squad ended up facing way more numbers than they expected, and they had to abort the mission and run. They chose to flee over the surrounding mountains, knowing that if they could not escape, the higher grounds would surely give them a fighting chance. However, when climbing the mountains, the Priest from Mardon's squad slipped over the wet rock, and fell 10 feet away from the Scourge forces. Mardon bolted back down, picked up the dwarf and slung him higher up the mountain. But the Priest's fall had ruined the rock there, and there was no way for Mardon to climb back up. So he implored the rest of his squad to go on, and did what he could to slow the scourge forces down before being overwhelmed.

Recognized by the Lich King through resisting a large force of undead not once, but twice, he had his memory surpressed and was then raised as a Death Knight. Taking part in the events that lead to the destrucion of New Avalon, he split away from the Scourge once more under the flag of the Knights of the Ebon Blade, led by Highlord Darion Mograine. Now he resides in Northrend, fighting Scourge wherever he can as a new being. As a Death Knight.

He never regained his memories prior to becoming a Death Knight. In Northrend he first assisted in the taking of the Shadow Vault, where he was assigned to protect the entrance in the tirelessly assaulting Scourge. He has participated in the assaults on Naxxramas and Ulduar. He did not care for stupidity he called the Argent Tournament, and as such was not included on the assault on Icecrown, much to his anger. (depending on the timeline in the specific RP threads of course.)

Picture:

Last edited by Plaguedmind; 2010-07-12 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Pic

You realize that the Argent Tournament wasn't for selecting those who would participate in the assault of Icecrown? A good majority of the Ebon Blade and every other race didn't participate, let alone Sylvanas, Jaina, Muradin or Saurfang. The Tournament was just for the people who were going to actually go in and fight the Lich King personally. Might want to add that in, as I doubt the crazy merciless killer he is described as. Also why does he not remember his past? As far as I know, all undead who have regained free-will remember their past, and even some who still are slaves to the Lich King.

Actually Tylanir, quoting Tirion Fordring's speech he makes every hour at the tournament...

Combatants of the Alliance and Horde! You are welcome under the banner of the Argent Crusade.
    To the south lies our goal. We will march to the Citadel and cut out the heart of the Scourge where it dwells.
    But this is no task to be taken lightly.
    A massive attack with every able-bodied man would end in needless slaughter. Every soldier lost would rise as the enemy. Azeroth would be left defenseless against the undead threat.
    Instead, we require a small, concentrated strike force for the attack to succeed. For that reason, we have created the Argent Tournament. Within these walls, you will be tested. Your skill in combat will be matched against the fiercest dangers Northrend has to offer under the watchful eyes of your leaders.
    Your prowess, your might, and your cunning will be under close watch. These games will determine the best Azeroth has to offer.
    The victors will take their rightful place in the assault upon the Citadel. We will stand together in the face of evil, and Arthas WILL fall!
    Mr. Plagued has it right on the purpose of the tournament, from a lore standpoint.

EDIT1: Uh, some stuff I wanted to add... Though some undead lack knowledge of who they are when they rise, that's no excuse to not write about who he was. With the undead, it's always nice to know who they were before they died, and how their personalities changed through undeath.

Even after those events though, your history's barely a paragraph. Put some more detail into it; make it your own. Instead of following the pattern of quests and dungeons, make a story for your character that is outside of the bindings of the game's (relatively) linear path, but not outside of the bindings of the lore.

EDIT2: For an example of a character outside of the game's path, look at my own Morzath. I barely touch on the goings-on of the game, while the majority of his history is his own story.

That seems really stupid and silly but I guess I was wrong... thanks for the heads up.

Also, I know this isn't the place, but could you possibly take a loot at my bio? links in the signature.

alright, thank you for the tips, i'll get working on them tonight =]
    Last edited by Plaguedmind; 2010-07-06 at 09:56 PM.

Edits are in, comments are wanted.

In the third paragraph of the history, you should switch "parents" to "mother", because his father never returned from Draenor, as you said in the first paragraph.

As well, your memories aren't erased when you go into undeath, but they are lost, mainly due to the mental trauma of being risen into undeath and having your soul effectively stapled to a corpse. That is to say, they aren't erased, but they're surpressed/forgotten (both due to said mental trauma)

Switched. i must say you seem to know alot of the ''scourging process''. any specific wowwiki or other pages where i might be able to find more reference of that? would find it an interesting read =]

I don't recall any specific page, but I do remember reading on how some forsaken lose their memory, and losing one's memory is different from having it erased. It's prolly on the Forsaken's page.

I simply connected that fact to the fact that undeath would be highly traumatic, and used real life situations where one loses one's memory over a traumatic experience to prove it.

heh good enough ^^. anyway, no more objections to me making a join group request? =p

You should be fine. Put an app up.

By the way, none are worthy to use Richard as an avatar :P

i know, but someone must spread his menacing look everywhere!