Question Who's worst in PvP enh or ret...

Ok before you vote read this post...

i just wanna knw overall whos worst in pvp in these sertant catagories...

- whos deadliest?
    - who has more damage?
    - who has more cc?
    - who has more survivability?
    - whos better overall?
    - whos harder to play?

place your vote in each catagorie.
    also enh has no wolves/hero and ret has no bubble n wings.
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-07-05 at 05:12 PM.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends, are you looking at solo or group play?

I'd say Paladin is better solo and the Enhance shaman is better group wise.

They are both equally bad.

Retribution is better off with a greater variety of comps in arenas and being able to maintain consistent burst even without wings and survivability even without bubble.

Enhancement is a SHITLOAD of fun...'til you start doing to absolute bads due to the inherent nature of the class being based around RNG (maelstrom) and two major cds for any reliable burst and survivability... then again, you ARE more survivable than a warrior's 3 minute enraged regeneration cd (hooray for STILL being the most healer-reliant class in the game).
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Ret just needs gear to take off, literally, then again, without gear they get pissed on, don`t think enhance has that many problems at lower lvls.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuva View Post
    Ret just needs gear to take off, literally, then again, without gear they get pissed on, don`t think enhance has that many problems at lower lvls.
    I'm talking about 80, read post then vote!

I have both, and before I even answer I will go ahead and tell you that enhance is almost worthless without wolves.

- whos deadliest? Enh against casters/healers, Ret against melee
    - who has more damage? Enh single target, Ret if there's a group
    - who has more cc? Enh
    - who has more survivability? I would go with Enh... they both have instant heal procs, shields,pally has bubble (which can be dispelled or shattered) while Enh has wolves and shamanistic rage....
    - whos better overall? Depends on what you want, Ret has more defensive utility while Enh has more offensive utility...
    - whos harder to play? Enh by FAR

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to agree with merlin except for the part about ret being easier to play, it may have less offensive options but it has a shit load of defensive utility & using any of it at the wrong time when solo or in a group can mean your going to lose. The fact that it has allot less offensive utility also means you will want to bash your head into a wall when fighting certain classes like hunters, mages, warlocks etc. because there is almost nothing you can do to them if they don't have their head up their ass.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormhusk View Post
    I'm talking about 80, read post then vote!
    You better be baiting...
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

Deleted
    I have to agree with what zcks said, as ret you destroy melee's but warlocks/spriests/mages and the like are a real pain when you face them alone. Then again, rets perform outstandingly well in groups, can cause serious harm and protect the ones around them, when played accordingly.

Not counting in major cooldowns favor rets even more, since their selfheal/survivability especially with close to 800 resil, sacred shield and optional sword & board is really strong even without bubble, and their burst trumps enh shaman damage anytime again even without wings from what I've seen.
    Wolves are an enh shamans only tool to be a serious threat to people, while being a major defensive cd at the same time, which makes wolves even better, but the shamans performance wihtout them even worse.

In addition, I don't know if there are viable enh shaman comps in 2v2 and 3v3 except beastcleave variations, but blowing everything off the bat and having matches never last longer than a minute might be your thing when you're tired of doubleheal/protret
    As ret there would be ret/rogue, ret/mage, ret/non pally heal, RRP, PHD..basically get an MS class to pair with you, since that's what you lack in 3's
    Last edited by mmocea490e6ad4; 2010-07-07 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    You better be baiting...
    i dont understand what ur implying...

---------- Post added 2010-07-07 at 02:27 PM ----------

how is ret harder then enh? enh has wind shear, cleanse, totems, offheals, ghost wolf, hex, attacks, shamistic rage(gota time it for defense instead of mana regen and everynow n then its frustrating), maelstrom to cycle around which is a huge pain imo and like 90% of those have to be set focus also. on the other hand ret only has 4 moves including exorcism, cleanse bubble and HoF, and set focus some of those...thats it...

idk if u guys think ret is harder idk but imo enh is by a long shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Its like I said before though ret focuses much more of defensive capability then enhance does, sure we have judgment exorcism, crusader strike, divine storm, hammer of justice & repentance But we also have hand of freedom (which is the shittiest gap closer in game btw) hand of protection, divine shield (might be powerful but we are balanced around it and the Cd sucks & 2 of the most popular arena classes can dispel it) divine protection, hand of sacrifice, sacred shield, seal of light, seal of justice, seal of command & seal of righteousness.

Knowing what seal to use when & what hand buffs to use when will make or break a fight & because of the ease at which shaman, mages, priests (& hunters to a point) can dispel our defensive buffs they are near useless because as soon as we use em they get spam dispelled.

That is the main problem with ret as well, it simply focuses way to much on defensive capability as a dps spec, it can do that well but not nearly as well as a healer or tank spec but because it focuses so much on it it suffers by not having many of the standard melee dps offensive utility abilities such as snares, interrupts a gap closer that is not a joke etc... (btw for those who do not know why hand of freedom is a crappy gap closer because even with it & pursuit of justice it takes us over 310 seconds to get in melee range of a target that started running from us at 20 yards away assuming they use no CC or ways to create distance, there is also the fact it can be dispelled easily)
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.