Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues also have this problem, mages can CC them forever in frost specc and almost forever as arcane/fire, enough to get help or escape

you often see 1 mage keeping 3 or so melee from killing him for up to a minute

Quote Originally Posted by raubez View Post
    Rogues also have this problem, mages can CC them forever in frost specc and almost forever as arcane/fire, enough to get help or escape

you often see 1 mage keeping 3 or so melee from killing him for up to a minute
    if you have problems against fire or arcane mages, the problem is you, not the mage
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    mah warrior, which i stopped playing like 6 months ago because i was playing with 1m connection and around 180 latency. Now with 8m my latency is around 25 and it feels like a different class. If you are playing with high latency you are going to get eaten by most casters because you never get good reflects off.
    Wait what, you quit playing because of 180 latency? I'd kill to go below 250 latency

10+ Year Old Account
    note its 1974 vs 1675 MMR his team rating maybe even at 1k or less
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Quote Originally Posted by Vevilair View Post
    I couldn't really read your post without my eyes wanting to break, but, I'll let you know, Ice Armor is awful. And if you can't beat someone that uses it, you deserve to lose.

Rage, silly warrior.
    why would you ever use molten armor?

Even though ice armor is 100000% better than molten armor, esepcially vs ret/rdruid, why would you ever even think about molten armor over mage armor? -50% spell effect time? what could molten armor possibly have over mage armor? The fact that you get like 50 spellpower from it from your spirit? Probably not even, I don't play a mage so I don't know, but you don't have spirit on your pvp items/your pve offsets, and if you do its 1 piece, possibly 2 max. You do 300 damage to attackers? You also break cc/novas with it, too. And you don't get frostbite procs.

Edited out the unnecessary part. ~Lysah
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-07-07 at 08:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree frost mages are op.. They really have everything to counter every class..
    -100 different slows and snares
    -2 shields
    -blink away and get rid of stuns every 30 sec...
    -silence and interupts with a way to short cooldown
    -a freaking 5sec stun with 30sec cooldown
    -iceblock, oh yeah lets sit 10 sec in a block of ice so my cooldowns r ready O_o
    -mirror image and water element, yeah gg blizz, we just love getting killed by some pets..
    -invisible, so freaking anoying when the frostnub has his pets out...
    -managems and manacycloonthing or whatever its called, GG, let em waste all mana on a freaking shield and allow em to restore all in 6 sec..
    -polymorph, only thing i like about it is the free improved healregeneration..
    -coldsnap, allow em to use all their frostcooldowns again, lovely O_o
    -to many instants, gahh cant interupt

Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    I agree frost mages are op.. They really have everything to counter every class..
    Just wrong... a Shadowpriest rapes every mage (frost/arcan/fire).
    also an Affli-lock should win against a mage.
    not quite sure about ele, melee shamans or hunter but i think they should win as well.

so basically it comes down to rock, paper scissors and there is nothing to complain about.

Excuse me sir.

But il blow up anything 1v1 even shadow priests,

although they are prolly the hardest with barrier dispel full dot lololol

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    i wonder why retardins are your second favorite spec... congratz in getting cleanse removed haha

L2P op, good warrior gives a good mage a run for his money

Lol..BS, "Great Warrior" gives bad mage a run for his money!

Quote Originally Posted by autodidact31 View Post
    Wait what, you quit playing because of 180 latency? I'd kill to go below 250 latency
    I agree i sit at constnatly 300-400 ms in australia

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    WAR's and Pally's are probably the 2 classes in their best states in a long time, i find it funny they're complaining about mages. WAR's cry so much these days its pretty laughable considering how much better they've gotten since TBC, and pally's always woe is me when they are the only class with 3 viable pvp specs, and 2 being OP'd fotm.

Lol...warriors and ret pally's are in their "Worst" states in a long time. Where have you been???? Especially warriors and all the non-stop nerfs to both arms and prot! Lol, I pvp in arena and barely even see a warrior in threes anymore!!!

I'm sorry I had to stop reading OP cause I couldn't understand what he was saying.... anyone care to translate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    if you have problems against fire or arcane mages, the problem is you, not the mage
    if you have problems against rogues as a mage, the problem is you, not the rogue.*

c wut i did?

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post
    OP getting trolled.

There is no point in telling anyone who hasnt played a warrior, what its like to fight a frostmage.
    Because there is no other 1v1 situation that is so horribly lopsided.
    Your charges will never connect, since I even taught my cat how to jump them.
    Youll never oom them
    Youll never stand next to them long enough to do more than 1 attack
    and if they know how to fake cast, youll only get lucky reflects.
    Bladestorm, does not hit any frost mage worth his gear.
    They will jump the intercept and not need to blink, saving it for BS. Worst comes to worst, Ice block. Its on a short cooldown which is covered by their ability to chain root you.

^^ Agreed

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by butterzz View Post
    -100 different slows and snares
    -2 shields
    -blink away and get rid of stuns every 30 sec...
    -silence and interupts with a way to short cooldown
    -a freaking 5sec stun with 30sec cooldown
    -iceblock, oh yeah lets sit 10 sec in a block of ice so my cooldowns r ready O_o
    -mirror image and water element, yeah gg blizz, we just love getting killed by some pets..
    -invisible, so freaking anoying when the frostnub has his pets out...
    -managems and manacycloonthing or whatever its called, GG, let em waste all mana on a freaking shield and allow em to restore all in 6 sec..
    -polymorph, only thing i like about it is the free improved healregeneration..
    -coldsnap, allow em to use all their frostcooldowns again, lovely O_o
    -to many instants, gahh cant interupt
    there is so little understanding of mages, specifically frost, or PvP in general in your post that my sperm have started getting bent tails after reading it. thank you, my children will now have three eyes and a pig snout because of you.

---------- Post added 2010-07-08 at 03:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post
    They will jump the intercept and not need to blink, saving it for BS. Worst comes to worst, Ice block. Its on a short cooldown which is covered by their ability to chain root you.
    if they blink away from bladestorm, you use your fancy cancelaura macro and intercept them.

also, how the hell is ice block on a short cooldown?
    BfA Beta Time

this kind of threads about Frost PvP makes me laugh hard tbh.
    lol m8 L2P, i have 213-245 mix gear i mesh all Fmages in 5 sec, lol Fmages are not an issue, yee use spell reflect
    mage is dead, and 1 troll(sorry for troll race;P)mage trying to look like a real pro by showing some screenshots, and another troll mage says that there is so little understanding of mages and more....

First of all, as a frost mage with 2,7 k arena ratings in last 2 seasons, I must say that Fmages are godly good about CC With very short colddowns that are very important so that you can kite whenever you want in 1vs1 1vs2 even 1vs3 to escape or can survive until help comes.

a frost mage with 1,2 resillence and 3,6 sp can kill you with shatter combo and brain freeze very easily.

If you really want to see the whole issue, i reccomend you all to read galvangers post, he summerized it very well.
    real problem with this class is you cant touch them and you have not enough time to oom them or to hit them, because of their extremely well desined CC abilities which are quite OP and some wow-clowns and rookies call it best rounded class in wow right now.LOL HARD .

mages in general have all yes ALL kind of abilities to counter everything and have extremely high survivability and mobility in all kind of tricky situations against all classes.If they cant beat them, they have always an OH SHIT button,dmg absorbation with shields make Fmages even more OP, even players catch you then shatter>> you are frost novad again LOL. I dont want to talk about invisibility, mirror image and pet abilities totally fail design.Ice Block is the most OP ability in the game although many cry about bubble.yes bubble seems OP but if a paladin had repetance on 30 yard and has 1 daze and 1 silence spell to catch casters but IT IS NOT.when you are in IB ,your all colddowns ticks which means when you are out of it you have always something to counter snare, slow,blink away so that you can survive longer then many classes and more over you can reset it and use after an very short colddown again;P. so dont try to troll and prove the oppsite about OP frostmages plz.

I agree with OP on all aspects and he is totally right if i will be honest.

all mages know that but no one wanna say that yes Fmages are unfortunetly not little but very OP.
    stop QQ ffs, Blizzard will nerf us as they did to paladins.
    so in cata as BGs on focus, you will see many grand marshal/warlord inflation with mages.
    Imagine that they will get more health, more armor and new insane OP CC abilities lol, we call them shammmage instead;P
    as melee just walk away in BGs, when you see a Fmages AND yes even Shadow priest will be a crazy and one of the most OP class in BG too.

how to balance?
    the more CC aility,the lower dmg.
    give old school blink back.
    cant put ice barrier/mana shiled and armor at the same time.
    when you are in IB, all colddowns WILL NOT TICK.
    give ice barrier longer colddown like bubble and remove IB from cold snap,rename the abilities and spread to other trees.I dont say nerf like that but make some small nerfs to poor mages so that players can sometimes touch them.

OP tried to explain the Fmage issue from warrior side, what about paladins with their BROKEN system without cleanse
    and many DK players think that their copy ability will make a differnece 2 min colddown, last 8 sec, no thx.
    WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF CLOTHCRAFT.

HAHA i wanna see the QQ wagon after that tbh, sometimes you have to be honest sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    to be honest you have to be honest? sigh. i'd like some proof that you are a 2.7k rated mage in 3s. because, as it stands, i am a 2.8k rated warrior, death knight, hunter, and paladin and i think your point is wrong.

ba burp.
    BfA Beta Time

I'll go with others on this one.