10+ Year Old Account

Cache not being saved

Since the update to 3.3.5, I constantly had to accept the new EULA, license agreement, etc. every time I started WoW. I looked into my cache files and I saw that there weren't any! It looks like they are simply not created or deleted after closing the game. I have run a repair but that didn't help either.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Windows' user access control is preventing you from writing into \Program Files\ directory by design. There are several ways to fix this issue, but by far the easiest is moving WoW out of there and into root, like for example c:\WoW or d:\WoW. No new installation is needed, you can just drag the whole folder and create new shortcut to desktop or change the old to point into right place.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Windows' user access control is preventing you from writing into \Program Files\ directory by design. There are several ways to fix this issue, but by far the easiest is moving WoW out of there and into root, like for example c:\WoW or d:\WoW. No new installation is needed, you can just drag the whole folder and create new shortcut to desktop or change the old to point into right place.
    And make sure the first run in the new location is via the launcher (Launcher.exe) instead of direct (WoW.exe), as the launcher will re-write all of the necessary registry keys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks very much for the replies, the problem is solved!