The Problem With Dispells in Cataclysm (and now)

In Cataclysm, most of us know that Blizzard is changing dispell mechanics to make it so people can dispell magic from others even if he or she does not have a single buff on them to make the idea of dispelling less faceroll. In my opinion, the idea of dispelling is still completely faceroll. Of all things to create counters for, why is it that certain classes do not have a protection against dispells? I understand there are talents for a reduced chance for dispells to be successful, but why is there not an ability for a class such as a mage to protect the mage from dispells for XX seconds (this ability would be on a long cooldown.) I don't know about other classes, but I feel that mages are most vulnerable to dispells and something along this nature would be a very useful ability considering that every single one of our talents in the frost tree are dispellable such as Ice Barrier, Icy Veins, Deep Freeze, Ice Block, and Focus Magic; even our Fingers of Frost and Brain Freeze is dispellable, yet there are classes such as priests that are immune to dispells on their own talents such as Borrowed Time.

Anyone else see a problem with the fact that there are classes that have magical buffs that cannot be dispelled at all, and other classes that can be stripped of all their buffs in a matter of seconds?

Just an comment with an idea; please post positive feedback. Ty.

While I agree with you, there is also the issue where some classes cannot be killed without offensive dispells.

Its just a weakness in your ability - facing 1200 resil mages who can throw up two shields (frost/mana) and being counter spelled and slowed at the same time means A: You don't take small degrading damage (dots for e.g) because you can re-apply a shield B: you can LoS me because im slowed C: if I somehow manage to et you in the open you can counterspell my routine and shut me out.

If you were unable to be devoured by my fel puppy I dont know what I'd do - I'd genuinley have to ignore you, curse of tongues and go for your partner every time - im not saying you are OP and its bs etc, I've got nether protection as destro and thats rather BS too - but I can't do this at the same time as void walker shield use. Correct me if im wrong but dont arcane get 130 magic resist on their mana shield too? and frost mages have kite-on-hit ice armor.

Again, im not saying "lol mages are too hard already" - you do have flaws, you aren't "impossible" to down, but if you had dispell resist on top of your shields and in *one* spec 130 spell resist (which yes, I stack 130 pen for, but that shit aint budget free) I think you need the flaw.

Paladin bubble is pretty essential for a paladin being trained - if holy shock doesnt crit (and thus instant FOL) they are just sitting there ready to be kicked/mind freezed/whatever - so you could argue mass dispell is the same problem, it subverts a classes main protection, but thats whats fun about wow, theres *cough* always *cough* a way to overcome strong abilities.