10+ Year Old Account

Question (Cataclysm) Gurubashi Arena

So what's going to happen with the Gurubashi Arena after the cataclysm strikes? It seems like it's been nearly forgotten. I'm hoping it becomes what it used to be.. a fun place to watch and participate in some very interesting 'free-for-all' pvp. Perhaps with a new, more shiny chest as well. Has anyone seen info released about it?

I don't think Blizzard cares about that old "stuff". Me, myself, love the Gurubashi Arena among other things from the past in wow. But they can't see the love for those things, only the love they have for new things.

The Gurubashi Arena will most likely die I'm afraid. But it wouldn't surprise me if they made a new arena, like in Orgrimmar or something.

Field Marshal Herald of Garrosh's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckmeat View Post
    I don't think Blizzard cares about that old "stuff".
    Thats why they havent revisited azeroth and updated all of the old world.

Let them come! BLOOD AND THUNDER!

Only change to that arena I've seen is there is a "horde only" Lv 85 or so NPC (doesn't aggro alliance till you hit it) that gives you a PVP quest to "fight a champion" (2min repeatable) for 2K honor or so. NPC has like 200,000+ hp or something

Not too hard, seems its always a warrior? it sure does use alot warrior abilities though like hamstring, charge, heroic leap, intercept, intimidating shout, shield wall, last stand, etc etc. Also has 80,000 hp against my Lv82

A new trinket? *crosses fingers*

same old trinket in the chest :P
    the "spawn pvp guy" does nothing special for repeatedly killing the spawned pvp npc.

only change I expect is... an alliance npc for them to have something to kill for honor.

I wonder if the spawned npc will go randomly attack people...

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't sound like much, yet. I hope there's more added as the beta progresses. Perhaps a daily or two, to potentially draw more people?