Ele & Hpally 2v2- will it work?

Hi guys and girls of mmo champs,

just a quick question to see whether you think ele shaman & holy pally would work in 2v2 (were not looking at rank one or anything, just getting to 2k or so)?

me and a friend have played about 30 games just for fun and ended with an 80% win ratio, currently at 1900mmr.

Now at 1st i thought this comp would be pretty poor and we wouldnt beat any competent healer+DPS team that knew how to LOS, but after a pretty good run now im not too sure. we pretty much burst down a target in a hex>hammer of justice after theyve used trinket but once we get to a higher MMR I think were going to be having serious issues getting the burst off.

The only team we seem to struggle against is lock+healer and all double DPS seem to be doable so far.

Also if anyone has played this setup any tips are appreciated.

Thanks for your input in advance

HELL no it wont work! ele is one of the worst dps in 2s, in 3s tho with another dps its nice tho

ele healer and almost close to any other dps class.

ele in 2s just doesnt hold well, its bad CC compared to all other range in 2s.

best shot in 2s as ele is double dps, try..

ele moonkin

ele lock

ele spriest

^ my fav 3 ele 2s comps

It actually can work, but not terribly well; I wouldn't suggest running it. Just comes down to using well-timed Hexs/HoJs, and playing really offensive when something is CCed. Ele is a pretty blah DPS class for DPS/Healer though.

Quote Originally Posted by Razariel View Post
    It actually can work, but not terribly well; I wouldn't suggest running it. Just comes down to using well-timed Hexs/HoJs, and playing really offensive when something is CCed. Ele is a pretty blah DPS class for DPS/Healer though.
    lol people do overrate eles burst, cause ele is the tank of casters in arena and all ele cant cast nothing at all if sat on
    Last edited by Stormhusk; 2010-07-09 at 06:39 AM.

Ele Ret is also fine vs any double dps comp.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Comps that work

Ele Frost
    Ele Muti
    Ele Ret
    Ele Destro
    -----------------
    Ele Disc
    Ele Holy
    Ele IS Druid

These 3 setups under line can work but its too anoying and you cant get big ratings.

err... ele/holypally is very well capable of playing at very high ratings. just expect very long games
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    err... ele/holypally is very well capable of playing at very high ratings. just expect very long games
    tell me about it, lots of Lock/ Rduids on our BG, 45min draws FTL , if anyone has any tips against that comp (affli and destro, just to much passive healing or reduced damage from nether protection + HoT's) would be much appreciated.

Anyways thanks for the varied replies, its only for fun afterall so i guess we'll give it a try and stop when its no longer fun!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lemental View Post
    tell me about it, lots of Lock/ Rduids on our BG, 45min draws FTL , if anyone has any tips against that comp (affli and destro, just to much passive healing or reduced damage from nether protection + HoT's) would be much appreciated.

Anyways thanks for the varied replies, its only for fun afterall so i guess we'll give it a try and stop when its no longer fun!

Cheers
    Nerf Nether protection as affli pl0x. And no, there is no way to win.

Ele disc can be a decent setup but in general most ele - healer setups won't get very high.

From my experience it can work but you would be far better off with ele/destro, or ele/spriest, ive played both and they are decent.

play double dps. more fun, faster games, less frustrating losses (because you didn't just lose after 40 minutes - seriously) also more successful.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    This. I've ran it at 2400, boosting a shaman friend of mine, but it's very tiresome due to the huge-ass games.

Not to mention the counters that you will never ever beat no matter how badly you outplay them, then again, that's valid for most comps, including the most mainstream ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    This. I've ran it at 2400, boosting a shaman friend of mine, but it's very tiresome due to the huge-ass games.

Not to mention the counters that you will never ever beat no matter how badly you outplay them, then again, that's valid for most comps, including the most mainstream ones.
    the 2's bracket is full of counter-comping - another reason to play double dps and get the games you're gonna lose over with faster insted of outplaying them for 10-40 minutes then losing just 'cause.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Ele holydin definately works pretty well to high ratings, played against a few at around 2500 mmr on BG9(ie, actual high rating) that did some pretty insane damage.

Ele/boomkin is by far easier, you just need effective peels'n'heals and you can overcome several decent comps, including...
    Hpally/affl
    Hpally/DK
    Disc/rogue
    Rogue/mage
    Beastcleave
    Hpally/warr
    etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Imabaddielol View Post
    Ele/boomkin is by far easier, you just need effective peels'n'heals and you can overcome several decent comps, including...
    Hpally/affl
    Hpally/DK
    Disc/rogue
    Rogue/mage
    Beastcleave
    Hpally/warr
    etc.