Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is the stupidest thing, talk about lazy, "We can't balance things so we are making talent trees smaller."

So we're basically doing 31/21/0 ish specs? Or are they reducing the talent points we get per level?

Smaller talent trees sound good to me. Having looked at most of the early drafts of the various trees for most classes, they were just as boring. All they had done up to a certain point was remove a couple of boring talents, yet kept most of them.

At least now they seem to actually be going for the previously stated design goal.

I can't wait to see details... Want to see pally stuff so I can decide whether to retire her hehe

Hmm, interesting. I thought blizz said that they wanted to promote diversity and get away from cookie-cutter specs? How is this accomplishing that goal?

Also, "blizz uses Smokescreen, but it was ineffective..."

Quote Originally Posted by Metian View Post
    Ohh can't wait to check this out.. Wondering when the new build is coming.. ?.

Gonna lol QQ-comments about how bad it is.. while nobody even tested it yet :'D.
    Noone can say YAY or NAY on this change.. we don;t have a CLUE how it will play out.

But all I CAN say is... it will take a good long while to balance all 30 trees...

I am SOO glad I have 8 80's.. SURELY the only 2 OP classes won;t be the ones I only have 60's of.. LOL

Challenging indeed, but if real ID change goes live, there will not be cataclysm, blizzard will lose backbone of his community, nolifer-paranoids.

Blizzard cast smokescreen it is super effective

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm...interesting. but what if I want combination of talents because it gives me the best performance? do I have to wait to level up to have best combo available?

Blizzard has to be messing with us, have they gone crazy?

I can see how for newer players it might make more sense to gray out the other talent trees until 31pts are spent, but really: they should make it so you can opt-out of the 'forced path'. Unless they do a 100% damn good bang-up job on the trees, I can see how some classes would want to mix between trees. Hell, my level 60 spec as a priest was 27/24/0 -- not a 31pt talent in sight and a *damn good* spec for the time.

Great Post. Finally we will have a smaller talents tree like Diablo 2, where we choose the baseline abilities and then with the remaining points we choose utilities!
    A little breeze of fresh air after the drama fest about forum changes XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    This is the stupidest thing, talk about lazy, "We can't balance things so we are making talent trees smaller."
    I'd like to see you trying to balance it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Uses Smoke Screen

IT IS SUPER EFFECTIVE!!

OT: We can't say this is good or bad untill we see the details.
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2010-07-07 at 04:43 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    incredible!

level 10 twinks unite!

"For example, having Lava Lash and Dual-Wield right away lets an Enhancement shaman feel like an Enhancement shaman. Other role-defining examples of abilities players can now get for free at level 10 include Mortal Strike, Bloodthirst, Shield Slam, Mutilate, Shadow Step, Thunderstorm, Earth Shield, Water Elemental, and Penance."

This alone makes it awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    FUCK YES passive offhand damage increase and bloodthirst right away. I always thought it was fucking retarded to have to spend 5 points on a mandatory as hell talent like that. Hopefully they will get rid of Unending Fury, Wrecking Crew and the other annoying MUST HAVE NAO 5 point bullshit talents as well.

I like the idea of 31 point talents... but I'm not sure I like not being able to select talents from a different tree until I have spent at least 31 points in my chosen tree. I'll still have to wait until they release a preview before I decide if I like it, but my confidence in blizz is really low after the whole Real ID thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Blizzard Uses Smoke Screen

IT IS SUPER EFFECTIVE!!

OT: I can't say this is good or bad untill we see the details.
    Smoke screen? *shrugs* I for one like the Real ID thing ^^

what is this I don't even?