[Feralas] New Alliance quest hub - return to Dire Maul! Highborne!

In Feralas

The Highborne and Saving Warpwood
    are breadcrumb quests to Dire Maul (see below).

Signs of Change > More Than Illness

The Northspring Menace

Dark Heart

Looming Threat

Tears of Stone
    opens up after More Than Illness completed

The Land, Corrupted
    opens up after More Than Illness completed

Sealing the Dream
    opens up after Tears of Stone and The Land, Corrupted completed

General Shandris Feathermoon
    opens up after Sealing the Dream completed

In Dire Maul

This instance received a lot of love

• Many packs of mobs removed from the instance.
    • Each instance has quest givers by the door.
    • Possibly some bad news for The Insane grinders though; Knot Thimblejack doesn't offer the quest to free him and I did have the Shackle Key. However, they may have made a 'new' Shackle Key which just didn't drop for me. Also, Lorekeeper Lydros doesn't currently offer the Libram quests for raising reputation with Shen'dralar.
    • Many things indicate this is still a work in progress.
    • Boss loot and tribute chest loot has not yet been re-worked.
    • The Crescent Key is no longer needed to enter any wing of Dire Maul. It has been removed from my keyring.

East
    Mob levels 36-40

Pusillin the Thief

Lethendris's Web

Shards of the Felvine, Alzzin the Wildshaper and An Unwelcome Guest require you to kill the respective bosses inside, and I forgot to cap them

West
    Mob levels 39-42.

The Cursed Remains

The Shen'dralar Ancient
    This leads to The Madness Within and The Treasure of the Shen'dralar which are old Dire Maul quests.

The Warped Defender

North
    Mob levels 44-46. The 'tribute run' quests A Broken Trap and The Gordok Ogre Suit both appear intact, as does the Unfinished Gordok Business quest offered by Captain Komcrush after you become the king. I didn't run through them though. Stomper Kreeg still sells booze and offers the The Gordok Taste Test after you're king.

King of the Gordok

My other Cata posts:
    Last edited by Hoddie; 2010-07-07 at 08:33 PM.

Keep up the good work with these threads, really informative
    All things in moderation,including moderation

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice find

Keep it up!

Just me noticing the misspell in the first quest?

There are loads of them all over the place. I'm beginning to think English is the second language of their quest designers. People seem to be reporting them on the forums and, I imagine, in-game too so most will be picked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are the highborne really reclaiming their city ?
    Could someone tell us if the highborne reputation is still neutral and if the highborne are working closer with the high elves ?

Thank in advance.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is a very nice change. It needed some TLC

Deleted
    They should burn Darnassus and move back into Eldre'Thalas. I always liked the feel of ancient Roman architecture shown in Dire Maul.. much better than the Chinese architecture that is currently in use.

awesomeness, i honestly didn't suspect they'd ACTUALLY work with dire maul more because of the highborne that joined the night elves came from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

im going to be extremely angered if there is no more goblin or someone to save in there for reps.

Also, since i havent started turning in my massed librams, i will rage aloud if the librams become useless. :X

I did a little checking and you can still pick up the quest items like Blood of Heroes and the Abom Stitching, so chances are it's a temporary blip, or they're allowing you to gain rep in easier ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    I did a little checking and you can still pick up the quest items like Blood of Heroes and the Abom Stitching, so chances are it's a temporary blip, or they're allowing you to gain rep in easier ways.
    easier?? Gahhh. im so close to getting the insane now.. I'll be quite disappointed with blizzard if the insane will be turned into casually insane. lol im QQ'ing.

lol next beta build might show more. I'm with you btw, the Insane would a little daft if it was easy. Not that it's hard as such, it's just time consuming or expensive depending on how you want to do it, either way it requires a lot of effort and this shouldn't be made any easier.

Wow lol. Taken straight from Worldofraids:

Something that hasn't been talked about much is the fact that with Cataclysm many of the classic dungeons are being touched in some form or another. A few of them are actually having their intended level range altered rather dramatically. Below is the list of dungeons with each of their level ranges. You'll immediately notice that Dire Maul, Scholomance and Stratholme are now all lower level than they were originally.

These level ranges are from the dungeon finder. The first number is the minimum required to queue, the second is the highest allowed to queue.

# Deadmines (15 - 21)
    # Ragefire Chasm (15 - 21)
    # Wailing Caverns (15 - 25)
    # Shadowfang Keep (16 - 26)
    # Blackfathom Deeps (20 - 30)
    # Stormwind Stockade (20 - 30)
    # Gnomeregan (24 - 34)
    # Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard (26 - 36)
    # Scarlet Monastery - Library (29 - 39)
    # Maraudon - Purple Crystals (30 - 40)
    # Razorfen Kraul (30 - 40)
    # Maraudon - Orange Crystals (32 - 42)
    # Scarlet Monastery - Armory (32 - 42)
    # Maraudon - Pristine Waters (34 - 44)
    # Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral (35 - 45)
    # Uldaman (35 - 45)
    # Dire Maul - East (36 - 46)
    # Scholomance (38 - 48)
    # Dire Maul - West (39 - 49)
    # Razorfen Downs (40 - 50)
    # Dire Maul - North (42 - 52)
    # Stratholme - Main Gate (42 - 52)
    # Zul'Farrak (44 - 54)
    # Stratholme - Service Entrance (46 - 56)
    # Blackrock Depths - Prison (47 - 57)
    # Sunken Temple (50 - 60)
    # Blackrock Depths - Upper City (51 - 61)
    # Lower Blackrock Spire (55 - 65)
    This affects:

- All 4 Goblin reps (Assuming Knot or a replacement will still be in DM North for freeing,)

- Shen'dralar: Skin of Shadows will be easier to obtain, Blood of Heroes will be easier to farm with flying mounts, Frayed Abom. Stitchings aren't any easier I don't think, maybe they go down a few levels of difficulty. Large Brilliants will be a tad harder to obtain, but LBRS doesn't pose much of a challenge anyways :P. Pristine Black Diamonds will probably be rarer as well.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, and yes with every expansion comes easier old-world content, but I'm just really concerned on the difficulty of this achievement. I don't believe it needs to be dumbed down any, it truly is an insane achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zongo View Post
    Wow lol. Taken straight from Worldofraids:

This affects:

- All 4 Goblin reps (Assuming Knot or a replacement will still be in DM North for freeing,)

- Shen'dralar: Skin of Shadows will be easier to obtain, Blood of Heroes will be easier to farm with flying mounts, Frayed Abom. Stitchings aren't any easier I don't think, maybe they go down a few levels of difficulty. Large Brilliants will be a tad harder to obtain, but LBRS doesn't pose much of a challenge anyways :P. Pristine Black Diamonds will probably be rarer as well.

I don't really know where I'm going with this, and yes with every expansion comes easier old-world content, but I'm just really concerned on the difficulty of this achievement. I don't believe it needs to be dumbed down any, it truly is an insane achievement.
    I don't believe they would intentionally make the insane title more sane. I think it's just a result of what they had already planned. I would certainly hope they wouldn't base levels of dungeons on how difficult it would make one FoS.