Thread: Total Biscuit.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Your avatar looks like a scrotum wearing a tophat. Just saying.
    I consider my avatar a roschach test for internet people. Do you see a biscuit/cookie with a hat and a foul temper? Congratulations, you're normal! Do you see a scrotum/testicle wearing a hat? Seek help.

Anyway, haters gon' hate. It's a tired rationale but whenever you're going against the grain in a major manner (ie. the vast majority of posts thoroughly disagree with you), it's much easier to put it down to personal, subjective preference than anything else. I was extremely honest about my complete lack of alliance knowledge (real men roll Horde), the Stormwind video was done due to the amount of people asking for it. If people STILL want to get upset after that, then I would suggest they find another video to watch, rather than posting an entire thread on the issue. If everyone posted a thread when they decided they personally disliked something, there wouldn't be a forum left to post on.
    Last edited by TotalBiscuit; 2010-07-08 at 08:38 AM.

...Moar Worgen plz.

I've mostly enjoyed his videos so far that I have seen, they have been wonderful looks at what's to come for those of us that don't have a beta invite.

That said there are a could things that grate on me a little when I watch them. Firstly are the few things here and there that are incorrect statements and some generally uninformed statements. Things like his comments on some of the quest tracking/quest item features that have been in the game for a couple patches now. I know he says that he doesn't quest at all, but its the kind of thing that that just seems...I don't want to say unprofessional, but maybe just "uninformed".

Secondly, a lot of his jokes are just plain corny and not funny.

I don't say this to whine, because I do enjoy the videos, there are a just a couple of things that just grate on me a little.
    If you don't like it, go on the internet and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by wadark View Post
    I've mostly enjoyed his videos so far that I have seen, they have been wonderful looks at what's to come for those of us that don't have a beta invite.

That said there are a could things that grate on me a little when I watch them. Firstly are the few things here and there that are incorrect statements and some generally uninformed statements. Things like his comments on some of the quest tracking/quest item features that have been in the game for a couple patches now. I know he says that he doesn't quest at all, but its the kind of thing that that just seems...I don't want to say unprofessional, but maybe just "uninformed".

Secondly, a lot of his jokes are just plain corny and not funny.

I don't say this to whine, because I do enjoy the videos, there are a just a couple of things that just grate on me a little.
    Humour is subjective, can't please everyone. I should also point out that it's not like I'm being dishonest about any of this, I clearly stated in the video in question that I had not quested since 3.0 and had never seen those quest features before as a result (why quest when you can make money on the AH? Like asking why you'd want to work at McDonalds rather than run your own business)

Tb is awesome, you think you can do better? go make your own show, i still remember him from planetside & INI, keep it up dude

OP is a massive idiot, TB is the best thing to ever happen to the WoW community.

ALSO, OBLIGATORY "HATERS GONNA HATE"
    Yes, i'm an idiot for voicing my opinion.
    Like i said, this was mostly a test thread, to see if people liked or disliked, like me. You don't have to flame me and call me a retard, or a massive idiot.
    Tb is awesome, you think you can do better? go make your own show,
    Never said I could do better, actually.

Personally, I like TotalBiscuit's videos. I've been watching them since that... Well, he was killing gold farmers near Karazhan in Vanilla. Been a small fan since then. And seriously, if you find his voice/accent "annoying", then I think you're mighty intolerant. That's just my opinion though. I think most British accents are cool myself. But so many people get so defensive about British accents. It's weird.

Also, I thought British humor was always kinda corny sometimes, but that's one of the qualities that makes them funny. Then again, I could just have something mixed up and be talking bullcrap right now.

Anyway TotalBiscuit, keep up the good work! *thumbs up*

Really everyone, are you that pathetic?

Not that I agree with him, but the OP was just voicing his opinions, and seeing if anyone else agreed. All he did was call out what he disliked about the video, and wanted to see what others felt about his opinions and why they liked it so much. There's really no need to start attacking him for being an ignorant dickhead trying to troll and hate on TB's videos, and calling him out for being stupid for watching it if he doesn't like it.

Please, show some decency and respect next time.
    Last edited by Tylanir; 2010-07-08 at 02:19 PM.

Grunt
    15+ Year Old Account
    I really can't agree with you OP. I watched all of his videos in 720p and fullscreen (thanks for the quality). After that I subscribed to him on YouTube and the podcast rss feed.

In my opinion you should be thankful someone is actually taking the time to put out videos about Cataclysm in good quality.
    No, no! I love how YOUR mind works.

I really love his videos and humour!
    And Trolls accent was just hilarious (as well as intro to Trolls starting zone!)

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanir View Post
    Really everyone, are you that pathetic?

OP was just voicing his opinions, and seeing if anyone else agreed. All he did was call out what he disliked about the video, and wanted to see what others felt about his opinions and why they liked it so much. There's really no need to start attacking him for being an ignorant dickhead trying to troll and hate on TB's videos, and calling him out for being stupid for watching it if he doesn't like it.

Please, show some decency and respect next time.
    Those who seek equity must do equity. The old internet rule of 'someone will defend it' springs to mind when reading this. He is ignorant, his OP was full of factual inaccuracies far worse than anything I've ever said in my videos. He doesn't even think I'm British, what a hilarious joke.

Like i said, this was mostly a test thread, to see if people liked or disliked, like me.
    No it wasn't. You posted little more than a flame OP which was filled with lies (or just plain ignorance, whichever you prefer) and were surprised when the vast majority of posters disagreed with you. Practice what you preach next time and learn your facts before posting anything on the internet.

You can dislike me all you please, it doesn't matter to anyone, but I'd appreciate it, if the next time you criticised me, you knew what you were talking about. The entire OP stinks of troll, bad troll. If you really wanted a discussion, you'd have posted something of substance. The only valid point you had was on the subject of Tinkertown and no, many horde players don't know where it is, because they have no reason to care. Get someone else to do it? Who exactly? Ahh yes, allow me to just email over 30gb of raw footage to some alliance guy... Talk about unrealistic.

The rest of it... what a bunch of codswallop. People reacted badly to you because you posted something stupid and disrespectful, most of which was flat out wrong, rather than constructive criticism which could be useful in making better videos in future.
    Last edited by TotalBiscuit; 2010-07-08 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrez View Post
    Uhhhh...

what?

- To be honest I liked the area's he showed... You know you don't have to listen to him.... I think there is something on the left hand side of the video screen where it like... can go up and down... you know that bar? yeah that thing.. i think that makes him shut up.. maybe..? If you don't like his accent then don't listen to him. (I think he sounds hawt)
    I hear you can also click a button to remove sound, its quite amazing...

on another note, i find his videos to be fun, even if he lacks the knowledge.. he posts videos to show things, his narration is just there to make the video more fun to watch (in my opinion)

10+ Year Old Account
    yes well if you think he's rude it's just to make his videos a little bit more interesting. Would you prefer whatching a documantary on the changes of STV with a guy that has a flat voice and no emotion? I don't think so...

He sounds like a shit Alan Partridge.

His vids are good to see and I thank him for that. Mucho appreciado fellow brit but the voice is like nails on a chalk board so I turn the sound down. Even english radio hosts don't over exagerate the psuedo americano accent that much, Well not since the 80's anyway. Again though thanks for taking the time to make and post em.

Deleted
    Sorry OP, it's you vs the world.

TotalBiscuit, although your navigation skills are horrible and you fall into lava far more than any normal person, I salute you!

/salute!

I enjoy his videos tremendously. Not only I find his commentary enjoyable, I find his ignorance at times extremely hilarious to listen. He also shows exactly what I want to see about the new world before it launches. Nothing more, nothing less.

I give him 9+/10. He does go slightly past hilariosity to the zone of ashamity at points.

Deleted
    I love TotalBiscuit's vids, I keep refreshing the page every 5th minute for more xD hilarious commentary and with his accent it makes it even better ^^, Keep 'em comming!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit View Post
    (real men roll Horde)
    This is the only thing that bugs me about his videos.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    I enjoy his videos tremendously. Not only I find his commentary enjoyable, I find his ignorance at times extremely hilarious to listen. He also shows exactly what I want to see about the new world before it launches. Nothing more, nothing less.

I give him 9+/10. He does go slightly past hilariosity to the zone of shame at points.
    Fixed