Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    This ain't quite the same but, I remember playing runescape, years ago and I had saved my gold for weeks and weeks to buy a set of dharoks armour and a abyssal whip, I was so pleased, then I fought a boss in a remote location, I had almost killed it, then...KABLAM the boss hit me for much more the i expected and I died...lost everything I had saved for weeks well months... I cried my arse offhand got banned from playing it lol

Hmmm... never for sadness, once for "epicness", when i was 14 and entered stormwind for the first time with my lvl 14 or 16 mage, that awesome music blaring and the scale of it (at the time it was a big city :P)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYidb1LvMs8 <---- that one

10+ Year Old Account
    grom hellscream`s death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luuUE0x7-TY i thought he`ll be the warchief of the horde truly one of the greatest moments in video games

Realizing that The Lich King had elaborately planned the whole Ice Crown Citadel as a test to make us into his generals, then toyed with us, then was only defeated (not even really by us) but by Ashbringer and Tirion. His speech therein about The lion before the lambs. That realization followed by the cut scene where Arthas talks with his father. Someone was obviously cutting onions.

Deleted
    hmm most where already posted.

Final Fantasy 8 (save rinoa!), 10 (road to zanarkand) and 13 (Oerba area) made me cry.

also Kingdom Hearts (Kairis Hearth), Tales of The Abyss (every death of the rivals except the last one), Beyond Good & Evil (the whole last level was filled with sadness) and Guild Wars 2 (Claw Island, Source of Orr).

But the one i cried most was Suikoden 5. Really long game with much story.

1. the queens death
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0YcFStMRTM

2. roys death
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DU2ct0cENbA

3. Sialeeds death
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGv4bW8go8

Deleted
    Never cried while playing but I have been touched and like close to cry and that have been in MGS3 snake eater. Touching ending. In some FF game, dont remember if it was FFX or FF13/13-2.

Beside those hmm dont think so.

ending of FFX definitely still makes me cry like a baby
    “The only thing that really worried me was the ether. There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. And I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon. Probably at the next gas station.”

When your horse dies in Shadow of the Colossus

My Awesome Sig Made By Shyama - Thank You!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh God, I don't even know where to start. I'm such a baby. Hormones? Some memorable ones:

Valkyria Chronicles: The death of Isara. ;-; I won't forgive the game for that. So sad. Oh, and it wasn't just the video game. Episode 19 of the Valkyria Chronicles anime was way too powerful for me. I lost it at the end of that episode. Like, fuck me. Totally lost it.

Final Fantasy X: This is low on my list of favorite Final Fantasies but the ending was amazing! Although I didn't like Yuna all that much (Tidus totally should have grabbed Rikku while he had the chance >.>) it was a wonderfully emotional ending and I felt for her. Nobuo also nailed it with the instrumentals. Lovely.

Final Fantasy IX: Okay, this isn't like a sad kind of crying but I definitely wept with happiness at the end. Again big props to Nobuo for the FANTASTIC music~!

Red Dead Redemption: I'm usually not one for westerns but the death of a main character hits me hard. I was way too emotionally involved in that game. Bastards.

Legend of Dragoon: Laviiiiiiiitz!!!! I was totally caught off guard with that.

Lost Odyssey: I didn't really lose any sleep over this game, but I teared up during most of those beautiful stories.

Gears of War 3: I'll be the first to admit I didn't actually play this game. I watched my brother play it by chance when I visiting home. And by chance I happened to come in just as Dom dies. I was upset with him for a while but I caught him crying (he was 18) so it's all good.

Heavy Rain: What the fuck is all I can say to this one. I was exploring endings andI understand his reasoning...sort of. But Ethan's suicide caught my COMPLETELY off guard. It's not really something you expect in a video game.

There's a ton more but if I keep thinking about it I'll get more depressed.

Not sure if I actually cried on any of those, but some scenes that made me sad at least:

The scene where Gau is reunited with his crazy father in Final Fantasy VI. Not going to spoil how the scene plays out but I love it.

The Rachel flashbacks in FFVI, and the last scene with her when Locke is recruited into your part in the World of Ruin.

The death of General Leo in FF VI.

The backstory book in Super Mario Galaxy.

The post battle scene against the Pirate mothership in Megaman Legends, where it appears that the Bonne siblings have perished.

It's not often video games really tug at my heart strings, let alone really make me cry, but it does happen from time to time.

The scene where you're leaving Earth in Mass Effect 3.

The end of Assassin's Creed 3. I forced myself through that entire game, an experience that for the most part was akin to jamming my balls in an oven door, just to see the conclusion of Desmonds story. The letdown when this accomplished, after all the effort i'd put into forcing myself through that painful experience, made me cry.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Final Fantasy 7: Seeing Aeris put to rest...that....hurt...it felt like I just lost a great love....and taken from me. Too bad your characters don't get a free limit break cause that would totally have made it awesome.

Final Fantasy 10: Yuna saying I love you to the main character before he leaves. I knew how they felt but....yeah was such a painful one that and I had a crush on her to >_>

The final Death of Arthas in WoW: I kind of...got choked up about it.

Thrall wanting a love life and family....it reminded me of my own personal desires and it made me feel even worse...gosh.

Seeing that female Pandaren losing her lover.....ouchies...

Seeing Chen mourn one of his relatives he hardly knew, didn't make me cry but it was emotional for me.

Not many video game moments but I'm sure there's more that I'm not thinking of.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

:'( still makes me sad
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-12-27 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Only The Walking Dead End made me cry, can't think of any other game.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Walking Dead episode 3 & the end of 5 killed my soul.
    Dat game man, goddamn.

WoW makes me a cry a bit sometimes in battlegrounds. On a more serious note, dark souls made me cry a few times.

the destruction of the world in the latest final fantasy mmo

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    fairly certain ive never cried over a video game so none for me

Suikoden - Gremio, nuff said.

The death of Aeris in FF7, as described by the OP, is the only game ever to have made me roll a tear. Hence, I still consider it to be one of the best games in existence.