Thread: Disc - HPS

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The reason for bringing two discipline priests is really quite simple for 25HC LK... you need shields on everyone as much as possible, and one disci priest simply can't do that due to the high damage breaking shields early. There's also room for error and emergency response with two disci priests. I've shielded my half of the raid, got weakened soul up, and suddenly someone goes to low health. I can penance them without worrying about falling behind in shielding because I simply can't shield my half of the raid for another few seconds.

Healers are all about playing it safe; that's what our job is. OP, you need to explain to your GM the benefits of having pre-emptive healing/absorbs, rather than reactive healing which has the potential of being too slow. Not only do you weaken incoming damage by effectively giving everyone in the raid nearly 50% more health, you can do so on lots of people because the nature of your absorbs means you can prepare for damage, something the other healers can't do nearly as well. If your GM can not comprehend what a benefit this is, then they honestly should not be GM, OR, they should not have any say in raids, and instead delegate raid-leading to someone who has a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by patrins View Post
    90% (no really 90% i didn't just pick a number) as disc should come from glyph of PWS, the actual PWS and divine aegis. absorbs show up on world of logs so I'm not sure how your guild is giving you shit about it.

heres our guilds healing on deathwhisper which is a decent disc fight

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...?s=1099&e=1678

heres BQL (amazing disc fight)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...=11525&e=11833

like 10-15% of your heals should be from penance/flash/poh... the rest is pom and shield spam
    How are your holy priests so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Nisala View Post
    The reason for bringing two discipline priests is really quite simple for 25HC LK... you need shields on everyone as much as possible, and one disci priest simply can't do that due to the high damage breaking shields early.
    Or you can bring a Holy Priest and give them a group or two to prayer instead of the 2nd Disc Priest, and have Guardian Spirit available for the tanks and a much more powerful Divine Hymn/POM available. It isn't reactive healing at all. The beauty of prayer is if you target intelligently you can pretty much guarantee a heal to 5 people. I play holy for our LK 25 attempts and time my prayers to go off as infest hits. COH is strong enough now with the 25% buff now that it often covers an entire additional group in a pinch. POH one group->COH on another. The COH smart targets itself on a group granted everyone else had a shield or were topped up with POH.

It's not terribly difficult for a Disc Priest to get MOST people. Jhazrun from Paragon missed a shield here and there but was solo Disc in the world first kill. Things do get hairy if the Disc is grabbed but there are useful raid cooldowns to help counter this. When our Disc is grabbed we have our shadow priest pop his divine hymn, have the druids Tranq their groups, and pop Aura Mastery Shadow.
    Last edited by meddle; 2010-07-12 at 02:04 PM. Reason: clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Nisala View Post
    and one disci priest simply can't do that due to the high damage breaking shields early.
    It is actually quite easy solo healing it as discipline. If high damage breaks shields early, you have to wait for weakened soul anyway.

Besides, there shouldn't be any high damage on anyone except for the tanks, the shields "should" never break.
    http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/1...p10records.png
    Signature too large, resize please.

your guild has no fucking clue how to play this game

Quote Originally Posted by Calendra12345 View Post
    If high damage breaks shields early, you have to wait for weakened soul anyway.
    This. Unless people are tanking ghouls due to aggro no shields should "break early," given you are also playing smart with defiles and remembering to let your shields/weakened souls fall off at the end of transition phases to cover the subsequent infest.

It wasn´t mentioned here before: Even if we didn´t heal as much as other healers - but we do! - our shields give everyone in the raid additional 10k+ HP which is a lot. That´s 25-30% more room for failures. Especially great for slacking Mages with the plague at PP hc.
    It´s also a big difference if Infest ticks once against the shield or if you have to catch up because it started burning HP.

So, yes. Shield as much as you can and bench your trees for everything except Festergut and Lanathel. With a disc in the raid a tree is useless in all fights where the duration of the shield is near the duration of weakened soul.

Maybe your g-leader is a tree? ^^

WHERE IS HARKY DAMNIT?

Anyway, the fact that 90% of holy priests are bad doesn't validate that spamming shields as disc is winfest. For aura fights, even if shield absorbed as much as hots per cast (so every second) (which they don't btw, a good shield is 13-14k, a good hot is 17-18k easy) -- shields dont provide the same stability that hots do because the target takes no damage for 6 seconds and then takes full damage. The hot stabilizes raid health by 'steadily' counteracting the aura.

The only typical example where disc bubbles are invaluable is when people would go to 100%-0% hp very quickly/instantly. In practice, this makes disc a good crutch for bad guilds on fights like LDW 25 hc. If your melee are slow and retarded and are prone to eating 2 ghost explosions, disc bubbles will save many lives, and this is very important.
    Apart from that example, the only fight that warrants blanketing shields is LK and that's because infest is a unique mechanic.

@patrins tell your holy priests to stop being terrible. If you used fewer healers (and your other healers were better) you'd see the disc being much lower relative to the others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Well I do that as well but GM says im shit coz i get out healed by Spriests and what not. I have Skada but i gave up linking it coz they are just like blah blah shield spam fagot blah blah
    Um, at this stage...find a new guild. I play discipline. I also play with guild members that listen to my input of my spec, because they understand that I actually know what I'm talking about.

You seem to play with retards that think they know everything when quite clearly they do not. Find people that do, or that realize that you do. At this stage, that's your only legitimate solution.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Your whole guild should just cancel their accounts, sell their computers and go as far away from human civilisation as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    Well I do that as well but GM says im shit coz i get out healed by Spriests and what not. I have Skada but i gave up linking it coz they are just like blah blah shield spam fagot blah blah
    well. clearly they dont get the point of disc.

1:try to keep telling them why you are a good healer.
    2:link skada.
    3: leave the guild. get a better

Quote Originally Posted by ahtrend View Post
    tell your gm that he is an idiot and leave to a guild that does know how op disc priests are when shield spamming
    last time annyone said annything about my healing i linked him the prof P hc meter (25) and showed him my 30% of all healing done score on 6 healer setup
    shield spam is the way forward

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 11:55 AM ----------

easy , link them the absorb + healing meter , and show them the real position your at
    stil being assholes about your healing ? then sorry but no other thing you can do ^^

---------- Post added 2010-07-11 at 11:56 AM ----------

so true i do know a guild who done it without disc , but it changes so much 1 disc can do the job of 2 healers on that fight alone , and on manny manny others

You're an idiot. Absorbs do not equal healing or even anything helpful. You're basically telling him to link over healing and say "ha, suck that"

You're without a doubt the reason no one likes disc, because you have no idea when you are and are not useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    If you want to play the game how you want, do so, but don't do it with me. If you wanna play super mario brothers and just jump up and down until the clock runs out and you die, by all means do it when I'm not player two and waiting for you to stop being an asshole.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xfloggingkylex View Post
    You're an idiot. Absorbs do not equal healing or even anything helpful. You're basically telling him to link over healing and say "ha, suck that"

You're without a doubt the reason no one likes disc, because you have no idea when you are and are not useful.
    Oh, look. SOmeone let a troll into the priest forums. Quick, get Kel to smitespam this one out!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Oh, look. SOmeone let a troll into the priest forums. Quick, get Kel to smitespam this one out!
    Yes, because if I disagree with you I'm a troll.

Oh wait, actually I have a 5830gs priest that is both holy and disc. Usually the people playing disc and using the absorb meters are the terribles who can't play holy. See, I can troll if you want (though actually that has some truth to it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurikar
    If you want to play the game how you want, do so, but don't do it with me. If you wanna play super mario brothers and just jump up and down until the clock runs out and you die, by all means do it when I'm not player two and waiting for you to stop being an asshole.

Seeing as you can't do the hardest fight in game, LK heroic, without a disc priest, all those people need to l2p and learn that absorbs ~= heals and healing metres for healing are dubious at best as a way to see how well people perform.

go to festergut HM and just shield every1 in raid. start with group 5 and just roll in circles and keep every1 with weakened soul debuff on. and you will show them some HPS( or absorb PS? ) lol.

i managed to get 130k hps and like 15k effective.
    Amberkintribe Yogg+0 kill 10man.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuQ1_SjRxaA

tell your "guildies" that you for one night not gonna use any shields to prove em how much you do for em, trust me they will see, and other raid healers will QQ due much dmg

Holy Crap how dumb are these people lol, disc priests make healing for other players a lot less stressful Its a lot better when you don't have to worry about your tanks dipping below 10% lol.

Can I request a post of some of your logs OP? There are 2 things I don't like about disc, the first being the problem the OP and everyone so obviously pointed out. But the more subtle problem is people instantly siding with the person that gets the same type of discrimination as them. We don't actually know if the OP does in fact have to pick up some slack
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Parasha View Post
    go to festergut HM and just shield every1 in raid. start with group 5 and just roll in circles and keep every1 with weakened soul debuff on. and you will show them some HPS( or absorb PS? ) lol.

i managed to get 130k hps and like 15k effective.
    130k HPS? I'm jealous. My shields don't absorb anywhere near 100k each /facepalm

BTW, if you're not keeping PoM's bouncing and using PoH after pungent blight you're underperforming your potential in that fight.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic