Thread: damm you pve

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Problem is haste and ArP. If they were removed, the game would be more balanced.

The OP does make a point though.

If you level a new toon hoping to pvp with him, you'll have a hard time getting off in either category

PvE: You get mediocre weapons from dungeons, but you leveled to 80 with the intention of not doing pve, but now to stand a chance you need pve gear.

PvP: You don't stand a chance in hell as a fresh 80, but the best you can get is furious gear, which doesn't work well against relentless/wrathful players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    So only karate masters are allowed to be good at soccer?
    No, only people who actually put effort in get the best rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    The OP does make a point though.

If you level a new toon hoping to pvp with him, you'll have a hard time getting off in either category

PvE: You get mediocre weapons from dungeons, but you leveled to 80 with the intention of not doing pve, but now to stand a chance you need pve gear.

PvP: You don't stand a chance in hell as a fresh 80, but the best you can get is furious gear, which doesn't work well against relentless/wrathful players.
    PVE: Get tyranical beheader and pug ICC. The rating of 1800 can be achieved even with a weapon from ICC10 men OR the Bryntroll ( even more so ) which drops almost every time from Marrowgar25.

PVP: do what is above and get an arena rating that allows you to get wrathfull and relentless

In this game there are 2 ways of getting geared: PVE (raiding) and PVP (ARENA). You cannot super get cool gear from pugging ICC just as well as you cannot get super cool gear from casually doing arenas for points.
    Both require that you WORK for it.

Now, on the other hand, if you are QQ-ing bg hero crying a dk with shadowmorne touched his special in AV OR met a dk with shadowmorne at 1300 rating, then I can't help you there. Bgs are for fun and NOT to get geared and you WILL get stomped, facerolled, humilated and completely owned either by pve freaks wading through furious geared opponents OR pvp freaks in wrathfull and arena weapons.

My advice is to have some fucking patience until you get geared, stop sucking and stop crying. No one hits level 80 and then jumps in AV and smashes heads. There is effort/gametime involved before you can smash heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Bommer View Post
    Awwww...poor baby !

And, as someone who has pvp'd since vanilla, (167k+ lifetime hk's). In my opinion, all resilience should be eliminated from the game.
    So you can one shot clothies from 40y distance? Seems fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethermal View Post
    i haven't Killed lich king heroic yet but i'm sitting at 10/12 heroic 25man, and i can say that pve takes very little skill from every individual. our guild has carried countless scrubs through the content during their trial period only to see them kicked after their second raid. as far as i am aware people getting carried to high end ratings is rare. while i don't play much arenas at high ratings anymore i can definately say that pvp takes hell of a lot more individual skill. Pve relies on having a raid leader who can shout orders loud enough for the retards to hear it properly
    Wrong, this should read "Damn you 25% buff". Please turn off the 25% buff and try carry scrubs through or better yet try LK heroic a fight in which you can't carry scrubs through. Don't generalise PvE because you got a buff designed to enable scrubs to see the end content, Kil'jaden, C'thun, Illidan were all scrub inaccessable as was ToGC was back when it was new. Herald of the Titans, do it, see how many scrubs you can carry through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    No, only people who actually put effort in get the best rewards.
    So playing thousands of arena games at top ratings isnt putting effort in? Oh please...