Page 1 of 2
LastLast

and Spain has won it!

Spain have beaten Holland to win the FIFA World Cup Final 2010 in South Africa!
    Big fat gz and sorry to all my dutch guildies!

(and Paul the octopus was right yet again!)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have some Dutch guildies that will be miserable after this, at least they did better then my team though xD

That octopus is intriguing, maybe if I cook it and eat it, I'll ingest it's psychic powers @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Crumpet View Post
    I have some Dutch guildies that will be miserable after this, at least they did better then my team though xD

That octopus is intriguing, maybe if I cook it and eat it, I'll ingest it's psychic powers @_@
    Yeah, a lot of the Dutch will be sad, but to be honest the way the Dutch players played was terrible.
    Tripping the Spanish at every opportunity.
    Spain deserved it as well.

And if you did ingest it's psychic powers that would be so cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, the Dutch didn't play as bad as England did, that WAS appaling, I've seen a game of bowles played with more enthusiasm. Octopus is actually REALLY delicious, I'm surprised it's not a much more common dish.

Yeh :P England was terrible.
    And I've ate squid but never octopus I wonder if tastes the same :P

Ooeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeoeooeoeoeoeoeoeoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk
    The goblins have allied with the horde in the past, so i assume that the Alliance force thought that the Goblins are once more in league with the goblins.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it! Holland should've won

Big, big congratz Spain!!
    You've earned this

Deleted
    I am both surprised and disappointed at the lack of meme's. Usually about 100 have surfaced within 5 minutes of any major public event.

Losing coz a player scored that should get a red card after an action that should've been disallowed coz of out of play, which on his turn should've never been there coz the dutch should have gotten a corner... and the rev against you... Sucks to lose like that

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Spain has won completely rightfully, and I am glad they did. (This comes form a German ). The Holland team might consider shifting to rugby, their play style would fit wonderfully there. De Jong should leave ball sports all together, and be imprisoned for assault, or given to some martial arts group. Distasteful game.

Yeah , i am from Germany too and when Iniesta scored i was like "YEEEEEEEES!!!!XXD". I'm very happy , for this is Spains First 1st place in a World Cup. <3
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2010-07-11 at 10:29 PM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats to them. I don't really follow soccer/football but grats :P

Felicitaciones espana. Pero juegais lento.

I fell asleep and missed seeing a movie with my friend XD

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Slack A Lot View Post
    Losing coz a player scored that should get a red card after an action that should've been disallowed coz of out of play, which on his turn should've never been there coz the dutch should have gotten a corner... and the rev against you... Sucks to lose like that
    Considering that Netherlands should have ended the first half with two less players (Van Bommel and De Jong), you shouldn't be complaining to the ref...

Fuck yeah, I'm from Spain and that's completely amazing! Xavi should win the Gold Ball this year.

EDIT: I'm editing this post just to add a GIF. After the first match some english press blamed Casillas' girlfriend. She's a famous sports journalist here in Spain and she was covering the World cup for the TV. Here's the interview after the match

Last edited by Izzard; 2010-07-12 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzard View Post
    Considering that Netherlands should have ended the first half with two less players (Van Bommel and De Jong), you shouldn't be complaining to the ref...

Fuck yeah, I'm from Spain and that's completely amazing! Xavi should win the Gold Ball this year.

EDIT: I'm editing this post just to add a GIF. After the first match some english press blamed Casillas' girlfriend. She's a famous sports journalist here in Spain and she was covering the World cup for the TV. Here's the interview after the match

Considering that the ref whistled against The Netherlands at LITERALLY every opportunity (don't even try to argue with me on that because I watched the whole thing with a hawk's eye ) I would say that the ref was biased, going as far as giving The Netherlands enough yellow cards to actually put them out of the game. Though I do wholeheartedly agree that Nigel de Jong should have had a red card I would say that Spain had his fair share of yellow and red cards that they didn't get. I don't give a shit about football but I hate it to see that a game gets molested by a biased ref who doesn't even try to be subtle at it. In other words, congratulations Spain. You earned it because you had a high chance of winning even if the ref was a different one.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2010-07-12 at 08:08 AM.

As I said. I don't give a shit about football, ask anyone that really knows me and you'll know. But I am going to take the initiative and do imply that they have been treated unfair, but yeah. You're calling me biased whilst your own opinion doesn't seem all that balanced itself. Going as far as to even deny that Spain didn't have huge ''luck'' at not getting punished for lots of their fouls.

As I said, I'm dutch, I don't care about football, I'm no bitter loser and I think Spain played well and that it's nice that they have won but I am not going to leave the fact that the ref made the game less exciting and more repetitive out like that. Say what you will : )

Holland was unacceptable. There's no way to defend them. Some decisions favoured Spain as well, nothing to say against it, but Holland didn't either play football: they just went with the idea to destroy Spanish initiative in such a dirty way I've never seen in any World Cup Final and I've rarely seen in matches of any cathegory or tournament at all. Spain was the most fair team during this World Cup, they even got the Fair Play award. There's little or no point to complain about Spanish fouls when it was Holland to bring the match on that ground, without being penalized enough for it. A couple of red cards against Holland in the first half of the match and you wouldn't have a chance to complain about Spain being dirty as well.

u dutchs should be ashamed of your team, you've earned every yellow card, van bommel is just a terrorist and de jong should be in jail, its sad how they returned that two balls to casillas, but in the end skill wins over dirty game. germany should be 2º and uruguay 3º. gz spain