Thread: This is a first

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I personally disagree with gemming intellect in any form as discipline, unless you require mana boosting.

This - 100 times this. Do not gem Int, do not gem SP/Int, not once you're wearing ToC gear and beyond. Especially not when you're still using an Int trinket. Also never ever ever gem Crit as a healer. If you want to get the yellow socket bonus and you use the gear for holy too gem SP/Haste. If the gear is just for disc +SP in ever socket except for meta activation.

Use darkglow embroidery perhaps, since lightweave now has too long an ICD to be much use for healing.

You might really want to give your specs a look too. They're both less than optimal. Check the FAQ thread around here for the cookiecutter specs that work both for the gear and content you are aiming for.

I doubt this is a first

edit: Let me rephrase this. The only first here is that you were judged on gemming/spec instead of on gearscore. A step in the right direction I think.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

blue = spell power spirit if you play disc and holy equally, spell power mp5 if you play disc full time

red = pure spell power (def disc), spell power haste or spell power intellect

yellow = spell power haste or spell power intellect (def disc)

meta = 21 intellect and chance to restore mana on spell cast, if mana is not an issue than 11mp5 and 3% increased crit (holy priests), and 25 spell power 2% intellect (def disc)

also change that boot enchant to tuskarrs vitality, a priest that's alive will do more healing than a dead one.
    Last edited by muto; 2010-07-13 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    blue = spell power spirit if you play disc and holy equally, spell power mp5 if you play disc full time

meta = 21 intellect and chance to restore mana on spell cast, if mana is not an issue than 11mp5 and 3% increased crit (holy priests), and 25 spell power 2% intellect (def disc)

also change that boot enchant to tuskarrs vitality, a priest that's alive will do more healing than a dead one.
    If you are going to give advice, at least do it properly?

Do mention that the one and only reason for which (s)he should ever gem a blue slot with a blue gem is to activate a meta.
    At no other point in time is a blue gem worth taking over say a pure spellpower one.
    The mp5 and crit meta is utter crap. If he's droping the IED he should get the spellpower and int one. And 3% crit and mp5 for HOLY?! Seriously just shut up if you don't know what a class is about...
    There is a great thread up now about what and when you should gem posted by someone who, luckily has good insight on how his class works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I've focused my gemming far more towards crit. It's worked quite well for ICC thusfar, especially in Lich King 10 (crit bubbles for healing + no damage from Infest = ).
    PW:S scales about 9 times more from 1 sp than it does from 1 crit rating, and that assuming the crit meta. For it to be worthwhile to match a yellow socket with a sp/crit gem, you would need to get a 10 spellpower socket bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post

bad, so bad