The Last Airbender, it bombed.

The Last Airbender, a movie about a kids show. The kids showing being really good, mixing story and action together brilliantly, and the movie bombing into the ground with lots of CGI, crappy dialogue and no story.

Don't watch this one folks. Know a few of us were looking forward to it, but just don't.
    http://beta.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_airbender/

Also, the video review is in the Rottentomatoes show. Couldn't find any video's that primarily reviewed only said movie. But it also reviews Twilight in a negative way, so yay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4ofwKBxko
    Last edited by Daginni; 2010-07-04 at 02:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to be surprised because I kinda like M.Knights movies. BUT the reviews and trailers really tell me everything I need to know. From the real lack of dialogue in the trailers I assumed they were hiding some crappy acting and/or writing.

my thoughts:
    whos idea was it to make aang sound like oong?
    and whos idea was it to make zuko and the firelord mexicans?(no offense)
    why so much movement in bending?like holy shit it took like 9 earthbenders to move a rock.

I wanted to walk out 10 minutes into the movie. I stayed because I thought that the end of the movie would maybe possibly have Aang turn into Koizilla like in the show, which I thought wasn't a far-fetched idea because it would be visually brilliant, which was the only thing the movie tried to do. I guess I shouldn't "spoil" the ending, though calling it a spoiler makes it seem like the ending is good at all in any way and that revealing it would "spoil" it. The movie spoils itself by existing.

The acting was terrible, the story was choppy, the bending was extremely lackluster, the characters didn't follow any of their counterparts and the only one who even looked like their character was Aang, and that's stretching it.

I really TRIED to ignore my rampant fangirlism and appreciate the movie for its own merit, but there was no merit to it. It was awful. There were few attempts to capture the humor from the show, which failed miserably. Sokka was an incredibly serious character when he is (in his own words from the series!) the "Meat and Sarcasm Guy". The only part of the movie that made me even the least bit satisfied was the recreation of the Blue Spirit freeing Aang from Zhou's imprisonment. It's barely worth mentioning that the events leading up to Aang's capture weren't even close to what really happened, but that scene was quite literally the only part of the movie that was close to what really happened in the series, and ODDLY ENOUGH, the only part of the movie that gave depth to the involved actor's characters.

M Night Shyamalan decided to pronounce all their names wrong because he said he was pronouncing them in the "correct Asian" way, ignoring the fact that the show is American made with Asian influences, and not an actual "Japanese Anime". It's freaking Nickelodeon.

I would have rather been stabbed in the face than have sat through this movie.

CGI fights were decent, just not long enough. the chicks were cute. M. Night shits the bed again, continuing his life quest to match Uwe Boll for the shittiest movie character throne.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The ugly remake of the avatar series yay more monney income

So i finally caught the movie, it was a bit off from the comics and the TV show, ok who am i lying too? it was alot off. but in some way i understood why it was off. i think i would have been alot more bored with the movie if it followed the TV show or even any of the comics. it showed the story in a new way. it left out alot of vital parts and even homoginized several chapters in 1. alot could have been changed but off from that. if i wasnt a fan of the series yes i would have loved this movie. the movie was good for 1st timers.

i know alot of important characters were left out i will list the following important characters that were left out.

Suki- kyoshi warrior.Sokkas 1st girlfreind.
    The Kyoshi warriors- hard to expalain would need there own paragraph.
    Jeong Jeong- Ex fire nation general. Aangs 1st fire bending teacher.
    King boomy- king of Ohmashu.Aangs childhood freind. second best earth bender until part 4 of sozin's comet.
    Avatar Roku- the actual Roku not his flying dragon pet/...i wanna use the word mount dont laugh at that.

this also tells me that Piandao, Sokka's master will not be involved in the show nor will Ba se sei be taken back. also "The order of the White Lotus" will be either non existant or have very few members.
    i had very mixed feelings about the movie i could see myself seeing book 2 but seriously drastic changes may be needed and that would mean its gonna need to be longer then 106 min maybe closer to 180 min and explain alot more.

1 big detail i think was missed here was the comedy. it was barely there and to be honest Aang didnt get serious until Appa was stolen. those entire 15 episodes were intentionally made to "Mature" the cast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    CGI fights were decent, just not long enough. the chicks were cute. M. Night shits the bed again, continuing his life quest to match Uwe Boll for the shittiest movie character throne.
    Now all he needs to do is make a Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing movie, and he'll surpass Uwe Boll!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    The Last Airbender, a movie about a kids show. The kids showing being really good, mixing story and action together brilliantly, and the movie bombing into the ground with lots of CGI, crappy dialogue and no story.

Don't watch this one folks. Know a few of us were looking forward to it, but just don't.
    http://beta.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_airbender/

Also, the video review is in the Rottentomatoes show. Couldn't find any video's that primarily reviewed only said movie. But it also reviews Twilight in a negative way, so yay.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X4ofwKBxko
    Haha! Dude! It's Hollywood!
    No-one in their right mind expects anything good out if it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the cartoon, heck it was better than most of the animated crap that gets produced nowadays.

And then I went and saw the movie... big, big mistake. There was no humor, there was no emotion and I can't help but wonder what the hell was M. Night smoking when he wrote the script. I now officially hate M. Night as much as I hate Uwe Boll, and that's saying something.

How could they suck the life out of the characters so much? How did the slumdog guy seriously have the best acting? WTF!!!!

i think we all would have like it better if the comedy was terrible and over done then having none at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    needed more asians imo

i mean really come on they arnt white ppl in the fakeanime

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah jeez eltrollo.. here we go.

/nerd on

They aren't anything in the cartoon. The kid actually looked as close to Aang as they were going to get. Really the only people who really "looked" asian in the cartoon were Zuko and Iro. The rest of the people were generic giant eyed cartoon faced people.