Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Class Achievements!

The regular achievements are fun, but if Blizzard adds class achievements we got something to help you practice your class skills with!

Examples:
    Hunter-
    Tame "x" pet
    "3 Birds With One Stone": (PvP)Launch one Freezing Trap into 3 enemies
    "That's a sick puppy!": Win a duel with someone close to your level using only "Eyes of the Beast"

Rogue-
    (PvP)Kill two enemies with one "Killing Spree"
    "No One Can Complain Naow!": (PvP)Use no stuns for a whole pvp battleground with a minimum of "x" kills!
    Sap "x" faction leader (I know you can't sap them now but it would be pretty funny)
    "They Call Me Houdini": (PvP)Use Shadowstep 3 times in one minute
    "Please Count Backwards From 10": (PvP) Kill "x" enemies in a battleground using only anesthetic poison

Warlock-
    Enslave "x" demon for "x" amount of time

General-
    "Ultimate Faceroll": (PvP)Be number one in a battleground and have NO TALENTS! (Epic Tripped out Goblin Car Reward! or other...)
    "Numbers Mean Nothing!": Defeat someone in a duel who is "x" levels or more above you!

Of course Blizzard can come up with better names/achievements, but this would be great to add in! The ones I posted are mostly for novelty purposes, but I would really like ones that teach you how to use your class more effectively or teach you something cool about your class that you never knew before!
    Last edited by Vesheke; 2010-07-12 at 05:50 PM.
    Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold.

I like the ideas and while I would love to see something like this implemented I wouldn't hold your breath. I have never seen/heard of Blizzard wanting to do this in the near future.
    Seriously if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it'll spread over into the rest of you life. It'll spread into your work, into your morality into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level - Bruce Lee

I think the idea of class achievements is pretty solid. I don't think I've heard anyone bring it up before. I just think the only drawback is you will get players who take achievements very seriously QQing. They will probably moan that other classes have easier or more entertaining achievements or something. I think it would be awesome if they added in some, simply for the fact that other people could inspect your class achievements to see if you have the basic knowledge of your class. Although dueling someone with eyes of the beast won't really prove anything, some basic class ability tests could, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite View Post
    I think the idea of class achievements is pretty solid. I don't think I've heard anyone bring it up before.
    The idea is pretty solid, evidenced by its major integration with Team Fortress 2. It even includes achievements in very similar veins as the ones that the OP suggests.

It won't happen, though. Not for WoW. Class-specific achievements preclude the other 9 classes. Maybe once achievements go account-wide.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea...a lot. I think it would add some extra flavor to the classes.

Protection Paladin achievement...

QQ Moar
    -Make 100 opponents rage-quit a BG because they can't kill you...even when you're AFK.

Yeah, i think you are probably right on this one. I don't see how it could be viewed as "balanced" unless it went account wide either. Maybe they could class achievements be worth no achievement points? Or maybe they could make a choice of achievement rewards that everyone gets to choose from, once they have completed all of there class criteria... Something like a simple quest turn in with 4-5 mounts or trinkets that have no combat effectiveness. I dunno, i think the idea is very good, but it would take a while to actually get it in the game. OP-> Maybe you should suggest it on the wow forums as well.

---------- Post added 2010-07-12 at 01:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    I like the idea...a lot. I think it would add some extra flavor to the classes.

Protection Paladin achievement...

QQ Moar
    -Make 100 opponents rage-quit a BG because they can't kill you...even when you're AFK.
    How about:
    I'm Outta Hurr:
    "Bubble hearth while in combat within any battleground 100 times, with less than 10% health"

Shaman

Funderstorm (PvP) - Kill x (thinking about 2 or 3) players by knocking them off a cliff using a single Thunderstorm.

Shammy tank FTW! (PvE) - pull threat on a boss and manage to tank it for 15sec.
    A proud member of the Cataclysm Beta Club as of 7/27/10

This is an awesome idea! You should definitely mention this on the wow forums.

How about mages

Quote Originally Posted by Prologas View Post
    How about mages
    I can't think of any atm. The only vision I have is a sheep, a gnome, a tauren, and a whip.

Defiantly put this on Blizzard forums, would be awesome if implemented

It seems to me that most of the suggested achievements are rather PVP oriented, which means they would not be able to really say much about how much a player knows about how to handle their class in PVE.

I do like the idea of class specific achievements though. As long as each class gets the same number of achievements and they are all roughly balanced difficulty-wise among all the classes, I don't even see why they would not be able to implement them immediately. Just make it so there is no actual reward for them and you remove most of the ground that QQers would have to stand on to complain about. ^^

The only actual reward (other than points) from class achievements should be the following:
    I Can't Believe I Played the Whole Thing - Complete all of the class achievements. - Reward: Giraffe Mount (while mounted, your epeen rating and/or GearScore rating are increased by the size of it's neck.)
    ------

You did give me the idea for long class specific quest chains that open up when you hit 85 that make you use EVERY non-talented ability your class has. Each step would be something that will test your understanding of the basics of how your class works, and overall should take a minimum of 4hrs of playtime to complete (possibly create bottlenecks like "wait a real life day" to advance the quest line to discourage players feeling forced to complete them in one sitting and complaining about it.)

Completion of the quest line gives the following rewards:
    * Title: "the <class>" (ie: Bob the Warrior)
    * BoP melee weapon for ranged classes / ranged weapon for melee classes, ilvl 346, proc on damaging/healing target to get a free instant cast/use of certain class abilities (ie: Hunter=Cobra Shot, Warrior=Sunder, etc), DPS on weapons adjusted to account for procs so DPS is equivalent to ilvl 359 weapons. Makes a traditional "stat-stick" slot more interesting for each class.
    * Recipe for class specific food using vendor bought mats (500 cooking skill requirement to learn).. HP/MP recovery food at same level as regular 85 food, Well Fed gives an increase to resource regen rate (indirect DPS/HPS buff, effect should be significant but outclassed by highest tier crafted food items.)

I think that completing an epic questline for each class that tests your ability playing as that class deserves some unique/fun/useful rewards, and the three above would definitely fall into all of those categories ^^ The idea for the weapon/relic is to give you a good option for raid-ready gear without having to be rich enough to buy BoE gear or farm non-stop for days on end for crafting mats ^^ The procs should be focused on maintenance-heavy short-term debuffs (Serpent Sting and Sunder in the above examples). The food items would be pretty unique if included and could be a nice alternative to boring AGI/STR/INT + STAM food. Even if they only gave small increases like +2-3energy/focus/rage/runic per sec or 1%-2%% maxMP/mp5 it would add up over time, and every class has access to leveling cooking so no one would technically be left out. Results are not BoP so those players too lazy to level cooking can always get a cook of the same class to make the food for them, so QQ should be minimized.

Mage - "Don't bother me, I'm eating" - During a BG or end boss fight, do nothing but eat Conjured Mana Biscuits

Warlocks - "Mwahahaha" - Keep an enemy/opposing player 'feared' for X sec/min.

Priests - "Not so benevolent" - As Holy spec, kill X players in one BG

Paladins - "Up Up and Away" - Bubble;Hearth while under the affect of Avenging Wrath

Warrior - "Any Weapon Means Any Weapon" - Defeat X players with either a fishing pole or a staff equipped

Death Knights - "Frigid Disciple" - Do not summon Army of the Dead during a Cyanigosa encounter

or

Death Knights - "Useless Friends" - Use Raise Ally on a player who won't do anything once revived

Rogue - "Ninjas can't catch you" - Stay Stealthed for the duration of a (End boss) encounter

Druids - "Multiple Personality" - During an encounter Shape shift into at least 3 different forms.

Shaman - "Germaphobe" - Kill X amount of players with fall damage by knocking them off with Thunderstorm

Hunter - "I'm Aragorn" Kill (Endboss) or top the DPS chart by melee

actually a pretty neat idea

Death Knight- "Thriller": During combat, Summon an army of the dead, exit combat and /dance before your army despawns

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Mage - "Don't bother me, I'm eating" - During a BG or end boss fight, do nothing but eat Conjured Mana Biscuits

Paladins - "Up Up and Away" - Bubble;Hearth while under the affect of Avenging Wrath

Warrior - "Any Weapon Means Any Weapon" - Defeat X players with either a fishing pole or a staff equipped

Death Knights - "Frigid Disciple" - Do not summon Army of the Dead during a Cyanigosa encounter

or

Death Knights - "Useless Friends" - Use Raise Ally on a player who won't do anything once revived

Rogue - "Ninjas can't catch you" - Stay Stealthed for the duration of a (End boss) encounter

Druids - "Multiple Personality" - During an encounter Shape shift into at least 3 different forms.

Shaman - "Germaphobe" - Kill X amount of players with fall damage by knocking them off with Thunderstorm

Paladins can't bubble while Avenging Wrath is active
    Pretty sure the dk one should be do it with AoD active. Seen too many noob groups wipe because of ghouls spinning her around and the crappy healer can't keep up with all the breath damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    Paladins can't bubble while Avenging Wrath is active
    Pretty sure the dk one should be do it with AoD active. Seen too many noob groups wipe because of ghouls spinning her around and the crappy healer can't keep up with all the breath damage.
    I don't know of any group I've been in that was both VH and had a DK in it in which this did not happen. Achievement indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

or

Good starts to achievements but some of them have no difficulty value whatsoever.

Hunter - Allow your pet x killing blows in a rated battleground.

Mage - Hit x targets with flamestrike and blizzard while they are afflicted with living bomb.

Priest - (Split Person...ality) - Use Leap of Faith on a friendly target within 0.5 seconds of being affected by Death Grip.

Kinda like that

Deleted
    There should never be any achievements that promote sucking in a BG and distract you from winning such as playing with no talents and no gear.
    Personally I would be pretty cross with Blizzard if they actually added some like that and we had to deal with people pursuing them and making us lose.

BG achies should be 100% about winning and completing objectives as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by xHypnotoad View Post
    Priest - (Split Person...ality) - Use Leap of Faith on a friendly target within 0.5 seconds of being affected by Death Grip.
    Personally, I'd like to see this spawn a shadow of the character that acts as hostile to the target's faction, does the same damage and has the same abilities, but lasts for 15 seconds or until killed.