Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dungeons and Votekick

Hello,
    Im still not sure how this votekick system works, today we had HoL as random hero (oh yeah!) and this one warrior thought it would be a good idea to go afk at the start. Great, we thought he will be back soon.
    When we were done with the first boss, we said, fuck it, lets kick him. So we tried.
    "This player can not be kicked for another 22min."

Great, what the fuck? 4 players want to kick him and "This player can not be kicked for another 22min."
    What is the use of vote to kick if the player cant be kicked for 25min? If the hero takes longer than 25min? Rofl

I really have to try to afk at the start and always leech all the badges.
    Tomorrow ill try this.

I'm not sure what you're complaining about if you're going to do that yourself.

yeah vote to kick is broken as hell

Yeah, broken as hell. Ridiculous limitations that can be abused by leechers and ninjas. The "enter reason to kick" dialogue never comes up either.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMF View Post
    I'm not sure what you're complaining about if you're going to do that yourself.
    /facepalm

Yes it sucks.

Deleted
    It's an awful and clunky mechanic. If you can make sure there's always combat going on you can't be kicked either.
    "You can not vote kick during or shortly after combat"

What the hell kind of restriction is that? So I can't boot the ninjapulling moron because he's constantly ninjapulling?

You cannot kick this player for another 15 minutes
    You cannot kick this player while in combat or shortly after.
    You cannot kick this player during loot rolls

Tell you what, just remove this feature cause it's borderline useless anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tip: Have everyone in the group try initiating a kick to see if it lets someone else. On multiple occasions, I've been able to initiate a vote times when other players said they had a timer and couldn't, and I've also seen the reverse where I was told we had X amount of minutes left and someone else was able to. I'm not sure why the inconsistancy. (and this was before players-who-rarely-kicks-others-get-no-cooldown change)

As a (not so) amusing anecdote, one time I encountered three guildies who queued together and did that on HoS. Of course, we couldn't kick any of them because they wouldn't vote each other off, but we also couldn't do the dungeon for them to leech off of with only two of us. It was very frustrating but it was a small consolation to know that they were obviously too stupid to realise it doesn't benefit them to AFK for twenty minutes if the rest of the party isn't doing the dungeon for them. It's wasting their time just as much as ours.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2010-07-13 at 06:11 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Maybe try putting them on your ignore list first, then try to votekick.
    I had a case last weekend where 2 people from same guild/server were just afking & trolling our group (in CoT), so I put both on /ignore & then votekicked and they both went poof.
    There was much rejoicing.

Yea vote kick is very broken. I once started a kick for a offline healer. We then sat there for 20 minutes while no one in the group could kick the one afk (he was even auto flagged <afk>) dps who wouldn't even answer the role prompt for the que to replace the healer. And i have only ever started a vote kick for people who were offline, afk, or had rez sickness.
    Last edited by openair; 2010-07-13 at 11:29 PM.

Votekick has always been broken.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is annoying. I have also used the feature to annoy groups. For instance, if a hunter repeatedly MDs groups onto my DK tank, I will teleport out of the dungeon and wait for them to be able to vote kick me. On a DK tank, I am restricted by rune cooldowns and ability cooldowns and am frequently unable to immediately drop a DnD to pick up a new set of adds, so they start shredding people, and then people blame me for not picking them up even though I didn't pull. So, enough is enough, and I will abuse my position as tank and the vote kick system to absolutely infuriate people. Blame Blizzard and their broken ass system.

It works only when a dk in full icc gear is only auto-swinging and the healers out dpsing him

seen the same thing. you can't vote kick them...
    went into gundrak and the dk tank and me healing started killing the snakes at the start. 3 people just stood there.
    when he got to the last one they come running in. We start the boss fight and eventually wipe when I get killed.
    those 3 I was telling you about top dps was 318.
    Since you can't kick them I quit out....yep sorry ass healer

I'm really wondering how this system is supposed to work, too.

I've vote kicked someone all of 3 times ever, so I surely can't be put under the heading of someone that abuses the system.

Got into a lowbie dungeon with an alt. Tank is a druid that's standing there, casting Wrath and doing all of 1.5% of the DPS of the party.

Granted, the healer was good enough to keep me, as a rogue, and the mage alive while we tanked, but it was slow going, so I tried to vote kick the druid

'This player cannot be kicked for another 7 mins'

Seriously... why? Because they've been kicked for being horrible in a bunch of other groups?

If that's the case, then all someone who wants to screw other players over is to spend an hour getting vote kicked a few times, then bam, free to greif and piss people off while they can't do anything about it.

I understand that this is to prevent newbies from being kicked from every elitist group they join, but that's NOT what it's preventing.

Great idea, killed by functionality implemented for the wrong reasons.

Meh, it's certainly not helpful, but I wouldn't say it's 'broken'. 'Broken' implies there is some 'fixed' version you could have. Really, there isn't.

The problem is not that the system is wrong, but that the human element that you're introducing the system into is wrong. If you allow a community of slavering pants-on-head morons a choice, then you're probably going to get a bad choice. To expect otherwise is foolishness. No iteration of this system will allow a small, responsible, intelligent minority to function within a much more vast, irresponsible, shortsighted majority.

And yet, the system itself does not impede me, personally, all that much. Most often, I simply queue with two or three other people that I am certain of the competence of. Then, if the one or two randoms are filth, we don't even need them. We're doing heroics, after all. They aren't exactly *difficult*. If I do, for whatever reason, queue for a random alone, I go in expecting a horrible time. And if it's absolutely awful, I just leave and do something else.

if you can't beat them, join them! AFK all the way to your frost badges. When there's almost no group without such slackers, Blizzard will do something about it.
    This was what I thought about Locktanking before Scumbag Greg took it away

Envý - Kult der Schattenflamme

I once had to wait 25 minutes, in HC UK. This was just before the first boss, tank wiped us, but then started blaming it on the group, calling us fags and getting really abusive. We had someone who could do the tanking (much better) but we couldn't kick the arsehole and were forced to keep him.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too awesome), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm pretty sure once people turns actual "AFK/Away" or is DC'ed for a period of time they can be insta-kicked.

Unfortunately it can't really be any other way or people would abuse the hell out of the system and kick people for fun.
    Well you still need 3 total people to kick someone I believe...and I would say 99% of the time the whole group would agree to kick that one jack-ass in the group at any time. I really hate when people get a dungeon they don't want to do and just teleport out and afk in dalaran. Lets not forget all the tanks who think there a special snowflake and need to be pampered.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, vote kick comes under the "good idea, implementation needs work" category. One of my personal gripes is that you can't kick people that afk the entire Violet Hold, because you're always in combat or looting (especially since them not being there extends the looting window).

I VERY rarely try to initiate a votekick: I don't care if your DPS/tanking/healing is "sub-par" or your gear "sucks" - maybe you're there to learn or gear up. I do care if you're AFKing ("leeching") or griefing people. I do care if you're in ICC gear and autoattacking (I know you outgear it: put some effort and we'll get out of here faster).