Thread: Arena Master

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Arena Master

If you see an Arena Master in a BG or in a rated or Non rated arena what do you think. Is this title respected, feared, or apreciated. Please post here and tell me what you think of the title.

Thanks

It's a pretty decent title.
    Consider I play on cyclone EU which is hardest of all EU battlegroups. So getting 2.2k in 2's and 3's, in addition to getting the people online to play a 5's to 2.2k that's pretty decent. 3's & 2's already have some differences in playstyle within the same spec, not to mention some 3's specs are not viable to get 2.2k with in 2's (say enhance for example, only got BM disc and maybe rogue to play with and they're not too great comps, and only beastcleave in 3's which got nerfed in the meanwhile), or are simply alot harder in 2's.

5v5 is pretty easy and doesn't require top coördination to get high, just 5 players online to play enough games.

You could consider Hotter Streak hard but I had 12 in a row bc of getting 1800 with 232 weps en switching to 264 from there was quite the boost...
    Also guess you can force it by chain losing etc.

Last man standing can be done by 4 ppl leaving before the KB.

If i see someone with that title, i would probably just go after him, seeing as he should have some skills. So i would take it as something mid-feared perhaps, because i don't want the person to have a opportunity to do something tricky.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShellPhown View Post
    It's a pretty decent title.
    Consider I play on cyclone EU which is hardest of all EU battlegroups.
    3 words: hyped up bg!

I can tell you what I do when I see them under 2200 MMR in rated arena, I /facepalm IRL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Stings View Post
    If i see someone with that title, i would probably just go after him, seeing as he should have some skills. So i would take it as something mid-feared perhaps, because i don't want the person to have a opportunity to do something tricky.
    Yeah haha i get that from some people and its very very noticable when people are nervous about playing against me because they tend to do dumb things such as tunnel vision or not do the normal things you know. But yeah i see what your saying!!

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Arena Master title is sick, congrats mate.
    You've got what you wanted now, lol.

I really dont pay him much mind other than knowing he wouldnt be doing bgs without a healer at his hip. Arenamaster doesnt frighten me. I am more wary of High Warlords. Bgs arent arenas kiddies a whole different playstyle evolves there. So unless you have your whole arena team with you and run around in a gankathon, bring it on.

Having just gotten into arenas in the past week or so, I've been playing a ton of games. A few times now I've seen an Arena Master with Wrathful shoulders and 2200 weapons, playing with someone rocking like 5/5 furious and 232 weapons from the ICC 5 mans.

I know what ya mean about the MMR thing. Doing priest/rogue in 2's, we're sitting at 1700 atm, one game we'll fight a 1490 team, and the next a 1980 team. Although a few time's we've crushed 1900 teams and made them lose 22 points. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    I really dont pay him much mind other than knowing he wouldnt be doing bgs without a healer at his hip. Arenamaster doesnt frighten me. I am more wary of High Warlords. Bgs arent arenas kiddies a whole different playstyle evolves there. So unless you have your whole arena team with you and run around in a gankathon, bring it on.
    Im talking in ARENA specificly.. If you fought us three and we had arena master titles how would that affect your play if any?

i generally think great an afker seeing as 90% of the ones i see run around on their mounts wanding or hitting someone enough to keep themselves in the bg
    i do love when they actually arent afk and help though

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    If i see an arena master on my BG... i really dont give a shit because i play on Emberstorm...
    Sooo.... if i see an arena master at around 2002-2300 MMR... i kinda go "Yay, free points"

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhands View Post
    Thats actually not what i wanted.. What i wanted was to see the responses i get to people playing agaisnt another player with that title. Like how they react to see if INDEED Glad / Arena Master does serve a purpose other than just earning the title. Does it intimidate people.. Make they play better or worse. But do me a favor dont post if your going to be like that. Im not gloating or anything im just CURIOUS!
    If you really are curious, in my personal oppinion Arena Master doesn't mean a lot to me, cool title hands down of course.

The only time I play my games A LOT more focused is when I see a WLD team with shadowmorn which also have gladiator or Relentless Gladiator title, makes me shiver a lot seing as I am a priest.. Arena Master is almost the same as Battle Master I think, it takes some time but you'll get there eventually.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't do arena. The only time I see any are actually in my own guild, of which we have four. At least three of them also have Battlemaster (pre-nerf, I guess you could say) and at least one of them was a Grand Marshal.

Needless to say, when they say they're making premades for Warsong weekend, I'm the first to ask for an invite. I love doing pre-mades, and we always have tons of fun because the ten of us know what we're all doing and it's pretty much just faceroll.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

On topic of Arena Master. It honestly doesn't really bother me, mostly for the sheer fact that I don't notice until the end. When we're finishing off the team, ill be like "Oh shit that was an arena master, nice." Although if an Arena Master dps comes at me in Battlegrounds (I play disc priest) I pop rocket boots and get the hell away from him.

The other problem though is that they didn't necessarily get Arena Master this season. It could of been from the Hateful season, and they could be in incredibly scrubby gear. I fear someone with a shiny weapon and Wrathful helm/shoulders then I do someone with a Shiny title. Albeit i still respect Arena Masters for having skill =p.

Some what off-topic. The thing i hate about MMR is that you can have someone who is 2500 in 3's and 5's, and was previously like 2200 in 2's. But if he plays with someone with a 1500 (Base) MMR, it's gonna average the two down to like 1600ish. Meaning when you're still learning to do arenas, and learning how to fight comps, you typically get stomped by a wrathful team.

My partner and I are 99-62. I'd say about half of our loses are me doing stupid things like tunnel visioning mana burns and letting my partner die. The other half of our loses have been fighting people who have gotten 2200 weapons out of 3's or 5's, but have simply never done 2's, so they're in the low bracket. /shrug

10+ Year Old Account
    It beats most pve titles tho not the hard ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Oppose View Post
    If you really are curious, in my personal oppinion Arena Master doesn't mean a lot to me, cool title hands down of course.

The only time I play my games A LOT more focused is when I see a WLD team with shadowmorn which also have gladiator or Relentless Gladiator title, makes me shiver a lot seing as I am a priest.. Arena Master is almost the same as Battle Master I think, it takes some time but you'll get there eventually.
    Not really battlemaster is completly different and i also play a priest.

I'd probably panic and do some stupid crap, lose the match and then just be like 'oh they were 2200+ rated so w/e we were gonna lose anyway'. I'm bad, I know =/.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreeze View Post
    If i see an arena master on my BG... i really dont give a shit because i play on Emberstorm...
    Sooo.... if i see an arena master at around 2002-2300 MMR... i kinda go "Yay, free points"
    Free points lol?

Your sig is like 400% bigger than your posts.

You deserve a title for that