Thread: Arena Master

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Yeah mine are doing the same thing i wouldnt really worry about it

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dalam View Post
    I think it depends on who you are. A year ago, before I was even 2k, I thought arena master was an extremely cool and awesome title. Now that I'm 2600+ and playing with people with R1 titles, it isn't quite as impressive.
    True but it still has the same concept and all i understand what your saying just want to know what the thoughts of people playing against is.

If I see a Arena Master I KNOW he will just leech cause he thinks all the rest is scrubs.

is it me or are posts just going all over the place? (double posting and posting them in the middle of a page)

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    I can tell you what I do when I see them under 2200 MMR in rated arena, I /facepalm IRL.
    i heard you can play with people with lower mmr and it brings yours down and you cant carry people in brackets either im pretty sure that doesnt bring down your mmr either... wait

Arena master doesn't mean anything it's not hard to get just run some cheesy 3s comp like everyone else, both 2s and 5s are more putting in the effort to get that high than skill because 5s are mostly dead and 2s are no longer really serious above 1800.

Gladiator is kind of the same, a lot of current gladiators got it running something stupid because blizzard timed the ending of season 7 badly so that you could get ICC gear during the later part of the season. I respect Gladiators more than Arena Masters but don't really get intimidated against either because these titles don't necessarily say anything about how skilled the player is. There are gladiators who ran comps like druid DK or pally DK or one-hit wonder or any other version or caster cleave throughout wotlk. BC had the its own OP comps too like RMP and WLD.

There are a lot of good players with these two titles but its not the title that makes them good. There are plenty of good players who probably don't have either of those titles too because maybe they just don't care or they remade teams near the end of seasons and couldn't get back up high enough in time or something. Good players are good because they play good, not because they use a stupid title.

I have Arena Master btw but not Gladiator. (I'm a shadow priest though so Arena Master is really easy)

Wouldnt think anything, since people CAN get boosted to Arena Master, now when i see Light of Dawn, thats when i start thinking "oh shit" since believe it or not, those who are that successful in pve, are often really good in pvp aswell (/point shadowmourne)

I've seen, fought and beat all titles so i don't really care. Since i haven't got glad it beats all my other titles. THOGUH I GOT CHEF TODAY, SO THAT'S WHAT I'LL BE USING!

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    Wouldnt think anything, since people CAN get boosted to Arena Master, now when i see Light of Dawn, thats when i start thinking "oh shit" since believe it or not, those who are that successful in pve, are often really good in pvp aswell (/point shadowmourne)
    I rofl'd a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyhands View Post
    If you see an Arena Master in a BG or in a rated or Non rated arena what do you think. Is this title respected, feared, or apreciated. Please post here and tell me what you think of the title.

Thanks
    You just want to let people know you got the title?

I mean your Signature is "The Flawless Arena Master" omg omg gz :P

Paladin? I am not a Paladin, I am a Holydin!

Quote Originally Posted by Flowne View Post
    You just want to let people know you got the title?
    It was kinda obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by runessa View Post
    Arena master doesn't mean anything it's not hard to get just run some cheesy 3s comp like everyone else, both 2s and 5s are more putting in the effort to get that high than skill because 5s are mostly dead and 2s are no longer really serious above 1800.

Gladiator is kind of the same, a lot of current gladiators got it running something stupid because blizzard timed the ending of season 7 badly so that you could get ICC gear during the later part of the season. I respect Gladiators more than Arena Masters but don't really get intimidated against either because these titles don't necessarily say anything about how skilled the player is. There are gladiators who ran comps like druid DK or pally DK or one-hit wonder or any other version or caster cleave throughout wotlk. BC had the its own OP comps too like RMP and WLD.

There are a lot of good players with these two titles but its not the title that makes them good. There are plenty of good players who probably don't have either of those titles too because maybe they just don't care or they remade teams near the end of seasons and couldn't get back up high enough in time or something. Good players are good because they play good, not because they use a stupid title.

I have Arena Master btw but not Gladiator. (I'm a shadow priest though so Arena Master is really easy)
    Gladiator is SPECIFICALLY a measure of skill

being in the top 0.5% of anything sets you apart from 99.5% of people... it cannot with any logic be considered easy, it cant possibly be easy?

do people get this ? Gladiator is not a title you can argue against, you can throw at it what you like, OP setup, yea well theres 10 classes in wow, I highly suspect that if.. for e.g.. a DK/hpala did A: triple damage B: triple healing - you'd be left with 25% of top end teams simply having those chars/rolling them.

OP setup - mirrors
    Looser IRL - Throw any arguments you like, you havent got glad.
    plays 100000 games - unlucky, part and parcel of it, you might have got a raise at work while they collected welfare/worked basic pay job, *drum roll* but they can beat you in arena.

Arena master maybe, I dont have it *because I(or possibly my partner) am not good enough* - it isnt because warriors are faceroll, it isnt because sacred clensing stops me killing paladins targets, its because at this point my skills arent as good as those in higher ratings than me.

/*vent*

Quote Originally Posted by blowbags2 View Post
    Gladiator is SPECIFICALLY a measure of skill

being in the top 0.5% of anything sets you apart from 99.5% of people... it cannot with any logic be considered easy, it cant possibly be easy?

do people get this ? Gladiator is not a title you can argue against, you can throw at it what you like, OP setup, yea well theres 10 classes in wow, I highly suspect that if.. for e.g.. a DK/hpala did A: triple damage B: triple healing - you'd be left with 25% of top end teams simply having those chars/rolling them.

OP setup - mirrors
    Looser IRL - Throw any arguments you like, you havent got glad.
    plays 100000 games - unlucky, part and parcel of it, you might have got a raise at work while they collected welfare/worked basic pay job, *drum roll* but they can beat you in arena.

Arena master maybe, I dont have it *because I(or possibly my partner) am not good enough* - it isnt because warriors are faceroll, it isnt because sacred clensing stops me killing paladins targets, its because at this point my skills arent as good as those in higher ratings than me.

/*vent*
    I feel like it was totally unfair that most of those holy/ret pallys and DKs got gladiator in s5 though. They totally didn't deserve it seeing as most of them are pushing for 2,2 nowadays.

Deleted
    Free points lol?
    yes free points because i play on emberstorm.

oh and "Arena Master is hard as a priest"
    No its not AT ALL, its JUST AS HARD as Any other class, if not easier.

2v2 = Priest Mage or Priest Rogue.
    3v3 = Heroic RLS, Wiz Cleave (Destro Ele Disc) or many other comps.
    5v5 = Disc AND Shadow is good here, i dont know all the 5's names because i dont play 5's.

I mean look, yes, you Are an arena master (BooHoo!) but your highest rating is 2200-2300 across the board? how would an Arena Master be Respected and/or Feared?
    I am more impressed of someone that DOESNT have Arena Master and is 2400+

Please dont hate me but, these are just my opinions <3.
    Last edited by mmoce3294c4176; 2010-07-15 at 12:59 AM.

If you see an Arena Master in a BG or in a rated or Non rated arena what do you think. Is this title respected, feared, or apreciated. Please post here and tell me what you think of the title.

Thanks
    I don't think much of it, it's not hard to get carried in any bracket

Some think it's equivalent to Gladiator. I personally don't, but it definetely shows they know how to PvP well.

It definitely isn't equal to gladiator. The hard part is getting all 5 people online to do 5s.

what do you guys think of rank 14 titles?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyreeze View Post
    If i see an arena master on my BG... i really dont give a shit because i play on Emberstorm...
    Sooo.... if i see an arena master at around 2002-2300 MMR... i kinda go "Yay, free points"
    We play on the same bg server,lol

Yeah at my bg I am not scared I am like "lol is it a noob? Can I kill him?"
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose