Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    i agree it takes away an aspect of the hunter as a class, but blizz thinks its for the better i suppose

Not having to go back to town because you are out of ammo is a nice change. My ranged is dealing enough damage atm.

Except mana is an indefinitely rechargeable resource with mana skills associated with managing it, thus making it integral to casters. There is no comparison to ammo. Let's compare runic power to health while we're at it.

Ammo is a flat number of charges for your attacks. Only way to "recharge" is by buying more. It's nothing more than a nuisance, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Batranu the 2nd View Post
    You mean like a warlock with soulshards? Strange, 'couse that never happened.
    Woosh. Soulshards are only required for a handful of spells, Arrows are required for ALL spells. Not even close. That aside, Soulshards are being revamped from being held by the character *anyways*.

Why is this in hte cata pvp forum?

Horrible thread. Infinite arrows is not at all related to infinite mana....Any idiot can buy arrows.

Also, Focus is your resource, not ammo. But it looks like you got a nice ban..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    i agree it takes away an aspect of the hunter as a class, but blizz thinks its for the better i suppose
    I disagree. Taking away the need to constantly buy bullets is not a hindrance to the hunter image in any way. It saves them time and money.

I applaud the removal of hunter ammo, even after playing my hunter since 2005. Granted, I'm an engineer myself, can create my own bullets with cheap materials I get as waste from mining. But it's a hassle, creating a tedious mechanic to the hunter class that actually required gold for non-engineers to maintain their class to function.
    While paladins, mages, priests and druids have to pay for reagents for their group buffs, they're actually paying for a luxury. They are not hindered in their performance to play their class or provide buffs, because they can just as well hand out single-target buffs. Yet a hunter with no ammo cannot perform his class function at all. Heck, remember how during the Nefarian encounter, hunters had pretty much the worst class call, breaking the ranged weapon instantly?
    ... Okay that was beside the point, but I stand by my point that right now, the hunter is the only class reliant on vendor/AH/crafted items to keep their class working properly. Yes warlocks are inconvenienced, but they can still replenish their soulshard stock, free of charge, while running out in dungeons or raids.
    Not so much in PvP though. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Zibeline View Post
    I think OP is an engineer.
    I'm an engineer, and not a hunter, and I couldn't give less of a shit. I'm happy for the bastards. At least now they don't have to pay for every heroic they do.
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?