Poll: THE best DK leveling specc in your opinion

Thread: Leveling a DK?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Leveling a DK?

Yo sup ppl
    I came here to ask you one question:
    Which, in your personal opinion, specc is the best for fast leveling a DK (providing that I can't get BoA's for him) ?

---yes I realise that there has been prolly thousands of those topics but search option is disabled atm (at least for me? o.O) and I want to get fast answer----
    Thanks in advance everyone
    Best regards
    Roffe

When I leveled my DK it was Unholy all the way, but the class has changed a lot. I'd still say unholy though, decent AoE, a pet, good damage, and the least gear dependent of the DK specs. Blood is good for survivability but is more gear dependent.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

The cool thing about speccing blood is being able to solo almost anything. Even the harder group quests like High General Abbendis in Dragonblight.

Mhm, well thanks for feedback... could you possibly construct some kind of build (can be level 80 I will find out which talents to take first lol:P) for leveling? As I'm not that much into DK stuff and might mess some, would really apprieciate!

Thanks again!
    Roffe

Unholy (for now) is best because of the movement speed increases, and it's Death Strikes heal just as much as Blood.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

unholy all the way nuff said
    I'm a paladin do I look op?
    there goes another retorical question

I leveled as blood, and lets just stay, you dont have to stop to do anything, there is NO DOWNTIME what so ever, you are always on 100% HP you can pretty much solo anything but thats on my experience with BoA gear.

when leveling my dk as blood i regularly walked into a fight at half health with 3 mobs and walked out at full. Nuff said zero downtime craptons of selfheal and easier soloing in my opinion.
    Mixelphlick 80 Gnome mage
    Beetstick 80 Gnome deathknight

imo Unholy is more fun, better aoe capabilites allow you to solo like 10 mobs at a time (this was back in patch 3.1 though...) and the reduced aotd cd is pretty useful
    Last edited by glaciall; 2010-07-15 at 02:48 AM. Reason: funner is not a word

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest View Post
    Mhm, well thanks for feedback... could you possibly construct some kind of build (can be level 80 I will find out which talents to take first lol:P) for leveling? As I'm not that much into DK stuff and might mess some, would really apprieciate!

Thanks again!
    Roffe
    http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=death+knight+leveling+specs

<3

Blood.

Pull 1 mob with 40% hp, it ps, pull 6 more mobs, pest ds ds spam hs and ds again.

Get 10 % hp back per mob kill, (vendetta + 2x boa trinket), ds healing easily 25%, sacrifice.

You are unkillable,
    . Pull 7 mobs and run out full.
    Jamshield - Silvermoon EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood is the best for soloing but bare in mind that when tanking you'll really need glyph of DnD to keep threat, and even then you may have problems without the burst damage frost tanks have. At lvl 80 this is not so much an issue once you get 2/5 T10, DnD becomes pretty secure along with the glyph after that.
    "What can be asserted without proof, can be dismissed without proof."

I went frost because I love dual-wielding. Apparently I am alone.

Unholy, due to being able to heal for about as much as Blood, having a pet, better AoE, comparable single target, and mount/run speed increase.

I found while leveling, without BoAs, that I would often not have time to complete a full rotation in Blood Presence, so just say in UH.

I leveled my DK around WotLK launch, so talents and abilities have changed, but this should work out well.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jfVMVZZfMhIhfbg0u0zufqo
    General rotation should be IT as your are running up, PS, BS, BS, SS. At this point the mob should be dead, or will die from diseases or your ghoul in the next second or two. If you happen to pull more then one mob, substitute a BS with Pestilence. For help with soloing group quests/elites, just sub SS with DS when needed.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you had asked me at the beginning of WoTLK... Definitely Unholy. Now... I'd probably go Blood.

Though, the mount/run speed increase are definitely important in Unholy. Just like all movement speed increase talents/enchants, they're actually quite potent when it comes to increasing the rate at which you level.

Quote Originally Posted by Taen View Post
    I went frost because I love dual-wielding. Apparently I am alone.
    Nope. I loved Frost DW Leveling....Water Elementals made an issue tho and so was finding decent 1hs (pre74 w/ the Slicers)

UNHOLY without a doubt.

Pull 5-10 mobs, DnD, Apply diseases, Pestilence, Death Strike to full HP and victory. Use Icebound Fortitude as necessary.

Oh, didn't expect to get that much replies, thanks a lot people
    Decided to give blood specc a try as most ppl chosen it in poll and well so far its working out pretty well, like you said 0 downtime!

Once again thank!
    Best regards
    Roffellos

Does anyone remember in 3.1 when Blood DKs just did not stop for anything? Good times.

But yes, Blood. You'll rarely die, even if you do kill mobs a little slower than Unholy would. Not dying over DPS is a good trade off while leveling, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixelphlick View Post
    when leveling my dk as blood i regularly walked into a fight at half health with 3 mobs and walked out at full. Nuff said zero downtime craptons of selfheal and easier soloing in my opinion.
    ^ this is true
    but I tried all specs leveing and loved unholy. If you go UH presence w/ it you RIP through people. w/ the GCD lowered its just insane. Not to mention you can still DS your self to HP easily.

Blood is considered the least amount of down time, just because of its self healing. But w/ UH you will almost never even take damage XD lol.

PS. you can easily solo any leveling group quest as any spec. not just blood. As long as you go frost presence for the big boys you'll be fine

EDIT: i didnt even use boa for leveling this guy so w/ it it'll just be insane lol